Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Prop Disguiser

Im not sure if it can be fixed but a very annoying this is with certain props that detectives can be come and they are shot (wooden crates, explosive barrels, etc..) the prop is instead destroyed and the detective will be placed on a random spawn point around the map but can still call out the T because they shot at the prop the detective was.

Hopefully maybe these props can have their physics changed when detectives become them or maybe remove the fact that dets can see names as a prop because some people use this as an exploit.
Find

Yeah this has been known as an exploit for a while. If you see anyone doing this, inform them that it is an exploit and if they continue to do it, simply report them or tell a staff member.
Find

If I remember correctly disguising as an explosive barrel is against the rules, considered to be an exploit as it can keep you alive as long as you keep disguising as it if someone were to shoot you. I don't know about any other props with this problem or how they're treated but I do know it's incredibly annoying to have to play against and explain, it should just be fixed but the prop disguiser is a very buggy detective item in general; it has caused more than its fair share of problems.

I'm generally against removing detective items as I feel like the role is boring as anything and desperately needs more quality stuff to buy just not in a way that breaks the game entirely.

Here's a short clip from way back that showcases a few creative ways to "use" the prop disguiser, I think surviving explosions was fixed but everything else was not.

Find

(01-04-2018, 10:25 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  Yeah this has been known as an exploit for a while. If you see anyone doing this, inform them that it is an exploit and if they continue to do it, simply report them or tell a staff member.

But what if someone has no clue that this is an exploit? I didn't know this was a thing and I'm sure any newer player doesn't either. This is an example of why people have been saying FRG rules are too strict.

I think just making it so that a D cannot see names when he is a prop would be the best thing. Not sure how hard that is to do though.

ALSO, last time I used the prop disguiser and became a wooden crate, when I was shot and broken, I died. Maybe not dying is the bug and that could be fixed?
Find

(01-04-2018, 10:44 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(01-04-2018, 10:25 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  Yeah this has been known as an exploit for a while. If you see anyone doing this, inform them that it is an exploit and if they continue to do it, simply report them or tell a staff member.

But what if someone has no clue that this is an exploit? I didn't know this was a thing and I'm sure any newer player doesn't either. This is an example of why people have been saying FRG rules are too strict.

I think just making it so that a D cannot see names when he is a prop would be the best thing. Not sure how hard that is to do though.

ALSO, last time I used the prop disguiser and became a wooden crate, when I was shot and broken, I died. Maybe not dying is the bug and that could be fixed?

Well that's why I was saying if you see someone doing it to tell them that it is indeed an exploit, and that it's considered as such until it gets fixed.
Find