Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FRG - Taken too seriously?

As Terran said a big part of our player base comes from NTG vets and those who seek out a better server after experiencing the other wannabees, I touched base on this in my admin app and still stick by it, we push our rules to the max with the general vibe from the regular daily players who are grinding quests, weapon upgrades and etc who take it way to seriously when something doesnt go their way and takes it out on new players who could have been potential regs in the future. I see so many players join the server and they have one issue with an accidental kill and get a toxic response via a report like why are you a dumbass you rdmed and they dont want to deal with it. These players tend to leave after they are slain or just straight up leave when the report comes in. Instead of reacting out of salt we really need to calm down and talk things out to keep new players around. Another thing I see asked for all the time by new players is a tdm or something to do when they are not active in a round after death or waiting to spawn. TDM may not be the best fix but most new players cannot do things like spin 2 win at this point and get bored and leave. Just my 2 cents on the matter and when I am less tired I may have more to add but that is all for now.

Add Brnelli to TTT2 and have eveything before it was nerfed. ?
Bouncy Rounds
Find

What about an FRG battle royale, or the battleship thing tobi was working on. I feel that adding in other servers could bring in people to FRG, it would bring diversity so people didnt have to just play ttt. Like imagine a huge forested map, and everyone spawns in randomly through out the map, they would have a random secondary starter gun, and would have to run through villages and farmhouses to find better guns, and there would be the half life 2 armor batteries to serve as the body armor and whatnot.
Find

I'm kind of finding myself agreeing to points both made by Hockey and Brassx.

Finding a way to please both those looking for a good, competitive game and people just looking to get away and have fun could work very well, especially if done so through additives to the TTT server.
Personally, the idea of having more things to make TTT just slightly different is really appealing. I myself have always been a huge advocate of the special boss rounds (as im sure many people are), it's just that they hardly ever happen, it's almost as if they dont exist anymore.

I would like the idea of making a more casual understanding of everything as well. Let some godlikes be better than others, let some be worse. For instance, the Bloodfury is rare, but has been nerfed quite a bit and is very hard to use now. But at this point, there shouldnt be anyone making threads saying "buff the bloodfury". It's still very unique, and that should be people's interest in it, rather than "oh this weapon is stronger and will get me more kills as a traitor".
This, in turn, might also make it so that as we add new crates, we can do so slightly faster as to create more weapons that arent necessarily "balanced" or "good", but just fun to have in the higher tier of things, allowing people like Bri to have an incentive to spend their coins as to roll more of these fun weapons, so that we dont have to worry about people hitting 1mill coins and whether or not they'll put them all into a coinsink.

So, personally, I would find everything much more appealing with:
A slight split between the servers (if even just for a while to see how it works, as to please both sides)
Adding more/ making TTT slightly more interesting
Making it so that more stuff is added more laxly, as to give coins more of a purpose to those with numerous amounts
Creating a more casual base for people to play on
When a dragon round begins.

Find

(12-25-2017, 04:51 PM)Fancy Humbug Typh Wrote:  Adding more/ making TTT slightly more interesting

Do you have any ideas what could make TTT more interesting for you? Is it just boss fights?

The reason minigames were made less common, is because of the mass amount of complaints I was getting about them. People complaining that they wanted to just play TTT, so I took action. It simply doesn't feel good to work so hard on something just to have people complain about it when it happens - like it's the worst thing in the world. It kills motivation to continue to make said updates to that(I'm not saying everything we make is the best and needs to always stay, but when people shit on you and your work because something you made, when your intentions were only to provide a fun experience, wouldn't it make you just not want to do that anymore?). Which is partially why TTT updates aren't that frequent, but I plan to change that.

I added new base weapons, and some people left the server because of it.

When I added orbs to the misc slot, a few people got super upset and thought we were turning into other servers.

I guess it does tend to be the very loud minority that get their voices heard, because possibly the majority just do not care enough to communicate their opinions.
Find

(12-25-2017, 05:25 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(12-25-2017, 04:51 PM)Fancy Humbug Typh Wrote:  Adding more/ making TTT slightly more interesting

Do you have any ideas what could make TTT more interesting for you? Is it just boss fights?

The reason minigames were made less common, is because of the mass amount of complaints I was getting about them. People complaining that they wanted to just play TTT, so I took action. It simply doesn't feel good to work so hard on something just to have people complain about it when it happens - like it's the worst thing in the world. It kills motivation to continue to make said updates to that(I'm not saying everything we make is the best and needs to always stay, but when people shit on you and your work because something you made, when your intentions were only to provide a fun experience, wouldn't it make you just not want to do that anymore?). Which is partially why TTT updates aren't that frequent, but I plan to change that.

I added new base weapons, and some people left the server because of it.

When I added orbs to the misc slot, a few people got super upset and thought we were turning into other servers.

I guess it does tend to be the very loud minority that get their voices heard, because possibly the majority just do not care enough to communicate their opinions.

Yeah, this makes complete sense. And I guess it really is hard to make a good, solid judgement keeping both what you just said and what people tend to say in mind.

People are always leaving whenever something new gets added, because the server is "turning for the worst". That always seems to be what someone has to say, and so far it seems that's always just been their opinion.
My thoughts are that adding weapons and the orbs and all was nice touches, but to try and keep the interest without having too many people leave for said reasons, would be to just slightly add more/different things subtly.

That's why I mentioned the faster production of crates. With Tobiasx being able to help now as he is, as long as everything stays in check, a consistent flow of new items based around being fun and not balanced/cool/etc might be able to keep people's interest in the server (of course, keep the flow of crates still regulated, but making it a bit faster paced and/or regaining interest in community crates might cause a bit more attention)

I do see your point though, with how people react to half the updates put out.
My final thoughts would be:
Add weapons to the server at a slightly faster pace/ reintroduce community crate (or something of similar alignment, if people dont want another community crate)
Keep minigames at the rate they are now, but perhaps add another style of a bossfight to the table to add excitement (perhaps something you could talk to tobi/ others about?)
When a dragon round begins.

Find

i stopped playing frg as much as normal basically cause i got bored and real life seemed more appealing. I played a bit for the xmas event though it's been fun. I think one of the biggest things that puts me off is the level of tryhard. I wouldn't necessarily say FRG's players are super toxic except for when you "ruin" one of their rounds. For example, a month or so ago i decided to get on to play TTT. It was down to me and the last traitor with a few missing in action. The last traitor had been called out in chat and in voice chat in a panicked voice which i didn't hear again until I saw the same person take the KOS off the last traitor in chat. I did not believe this for one second and it was very obvious that it was a traitor with an id disguiser who took the KOS off. I used this thought to my advantage and killed the traitor as soon as I saw him. I won the round but I had him, a member, yelling at me immaturely for 3 constant rounds after it already happened to slay myself. He was very rude about it and I finally slayed myself and just got off. It was super offputting and I can't imagine how many new players have close to the same experience with "kos off location" rules.

I think KOS off location should be allowed, to an extent. I think it should be a judgement call on the player. If you are super sure of who the person is you should be able to kill them. If it's the right person you got, you shouldnt be slain. But if its an innocent, you should be able to be slain.

I'm also making comparisons to NTG and to why it managed to stay super busy for a long time. I think it's to do with the inventory system. There was a shit load of fun and wacky stuff on there and things felt more "colourful" as to here I remember first playing here and thinking it seemed more "bland". I think the inventory system itself on here is amazing. It's super polished compared to back on NTG and feels smooth and the coinshop is super cool too. I think maybe one thing is that there were a lot more wacky suffixes on NTG. Like prop suffixes. I know, I know. They were awful. But they were fun. All the different props you could get. Like easter eggs for easter events just for the novelty of it. But if we did add them here I think we'd have to make it so they don't instakill. I think there's also the fact of lower tier weapons, There was a clear progression of tiers on NTG. I think low tier guns on NTG felt less junk than rares or legendaries here. I think we have too many junk tiers that appear way too common for anyone to care about them. It's no longer really fun to work up the ladder for better tiers because its so easy and then you get to godlikes and celestials and nobody is willing to part with them because everyone collects them. I think primordials were a really good addition but there needs to be something more.

I feel like i'm just rambling cause I don't have any really good ideas, which is what I know you're looking for Brass, so sorry about that. I agree that FRG seems to be slowing down in activity. I think that to make everyone have more fun, everyone needs to take things less seriously. TTT shouldn't be treated competitively anymore. We need more crazy wacky ideas!!!! More experimental things!!! We need to go wayyy out there with ideas more!!!! Add them in overpowered. If they're overpowered, nerf them. Or else FRG's gonna die out just so a few people who rarely play can keep the "balanced" and competitive atmosphere. We have some really talented people on here and there's the full capability to make this a super busy server every day until 2 am.

I agree with Tobias though. Complete rule reform.

(12-25-2017, 08:12 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  i stopped playing frg as much as normal basically cause i got bored and real life seemed more appealing. I played a bit for the xmas event though it's been fun. I think one of the biggest things that puts me off is the level of tryhard. I wouldn't necessarily say FRG's players are super toxic except for when you "ruin" one of their rounds. For example, a month or so ago i decided to get on to play TTT. It was down to me and the last traitor with a few missing in action. The last traitor had been called out in chat and in voice chat in a panicked voice which i didn't hear again until I saw the same person take the KOS off the last traitor in chat. I did not believe this for one second and it was very obvious that it was a traitor with an id disguiser who took the KOS off. I used this thought to my advantage and killed the traitor as soon as I saw him. I won the round but I had him, a member, yelling at me immaturely for 3 constant rounds after it already happened to slay myself. He was very rude about it and I finally slayed myself and just got off. It was super offputting and I can't imagine how many new players have close to the same experience with "kos off location" rules.

I think KOS off location should be allowed, to an extent. I think it should be a judgement call on the player. If you are super sure of who the person is you should be able to kill them. If it's the right person you got, you shouldnt be slain. But if its an innocent, you should be able to be slain.

I'm also making comparisons to NTG and to why it managed to stay super busy for a long time. I think it's to do with the inventory system. There was a shit load of fun and wacky stuff on there and things felt more "colourful" as to here I remember first playing here and thinking it seemed more "bland". I think the inventory system itself on here is amazing. It's super polished compared to back on NTG and feels smooth and the coinshop is super cool too. I think maybe one thing is that there were a lot more wacky suffixes on NTG. Like prop suffixes. I know, I know. They were awful. But they were fun. All the different props you could get. Like easter eggs for easter events just for the novelty of it. But if we did add them here I think we'd have to make it so they don't instakill. I think there's also the fact of lower tier weapons, There was a clear progression of tiers on NTG. I think low tier guns on NTG felt less junk than rares or legendaries here. I think we have too many junk tiers that appear way too common for anyone to care about them. It's no longer really fun to work up the ladder for better tiers because its so easy and then you get to godlikes and celestials and nobody is willing to part with them because everyone collects them. I think primordials were a really good addition but there needs to be something more.

I feel like i'm just rambling cause I don't have any really good ideas, which is what I know you're looking for Brass, so sorry about that. I agree that FRG seems to be slowing down in activity. I think that to make everyone have more fun, everyone needs to take things less seriously. TTT shouldn't be treated competitively anymore. We need more crazy wacky ideas!!!! More experimental things!!! We need to go wayyy out there with ideas more!!!! Add them in overpowered. If they're overpowered, nerf them. Or else FRG's gonna die out just so a few people who rarely play can keep the "balanced" and competitive atmosphere. We have some really talented people on here and there's the full capability to make this a super busy server every day until 2 am.

I agree with Tobias though. Complete rule reform.
You're correct to say more 'bland' generally I guess.

I don't really feel that way with higher end items, but I do know we sacrificed a lot for the sake of balance.

I honestly feel like a new wave of Items could do some good instead of the normal weapons, for example, "G36, Model L, IWI Tavor, M4 carbine. These all are just examples but adding new guns could make things more interesting and inviting because other servers don't have them. Hell even like a Musket would be cool, or other Flintlock weapons. I know my opinion doesn't matter but that's all I got.
Find

(12-25-2017, 05:25 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
It simply doesn't feel good to work so hard on something just to have people complain about it when it happens - like it's the worst thing in the world. It kills motivation to continue to make said updates to that(I'm not saying everything we make is the best and needs to always stay, but when people shit on you and your work because something you made, when your intentions were only to provide a fun experience, wouldn't it make you just not want to do that anymore?).

My intention wasn't to make you feel like shit... I just wanted to be completely honest about how I felt while playing the snowmen rounds and I think a lot of people felt the same way. Of course there are things you work hard on that end up being removed cause people don't like them. However, there were plenty of fun things I noticed when I got back, but they were all on the lobby server, such as the broken wall with the new boss fight (I liked it a lot), the santa battle was quite entertaining, and I liked playing blackjack with Kuro and Excel. If no one ever complained then things that aren't fun would be left in the server, which is why people shouldn't tell you that everything you make is good even if it took a lot of time and effort to make it (it's clear you already this from the post).

Also I know that people complain about everything, I'm sure that I'm guilty of it as well, but there are plenty of times where people give things praise. I hear people talk about how they like certain guns and how they absolutely hate some of them. Some people hate something that got added, so much that they make a thread about it and then that thread gets seen by you or whomever. I'm not sure how often you play on an alt, but people do give you praise and I've only been back for like 5 days ago and I've heard it. Also I've had my work been shit on plenty of times and sometimes I deserved it and other times I didn't. If I disagreed with that person I'd say fuck em, but sometimes I needed to be shit on. However, I'm not dealing with 12 year olds when I hand in my work, so you probably get a lot of unnecessary shit.

(Everyone's going to act like they know how to do what you do better than you do and thats a given with anything) Ik im guilty of that to
I'm sure you know all of this I just wanted to say it because I didn't want to make you feel like shit.