Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FRG - Taken too seriously?

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say that it's most likely not the "seriousness" of the server thats killing playerbase, and I also don't think making enhancables "easier to level" will bring back players single handidly, and it also wouldn't bring new players to the server. These might contribute to the reason for the server being dead, but it's almost definitely not the main reason. I'm just going to be completely honest here to the reason why I think the server is dying, and sorry if I come across as a dick or w/e. It's honestly the lack of content added to TTT. I've made a post about this in the past actually, about how the more you add events to the lobby the more the server will die. Ontop of this not the snowman rounds are definitely NOT fun to new players, sure it's fun to the regulars because we know we are getting loot, but to the players who are new to the server, join and play a lame ass minigame where you throw snowballs at immobile targets (and i've heard new players saying "what's the point of this?"). Now in my opinion that's the reason why the server has been lowering in playercount over x-mas, here is the reason why it's been slowing down over time: The lack of consistent content updates. Now i'm not trying to offend brass's work ethic here, but me and enchant left the server for aprox. 8 months, and came back to the server and literally almost nothing had changed, nothing but a few godlikes added (which, by the way doesn't effect gameplay for 95% of the community). I think to ressurect the server brass would need to release more game changing things to the TTT server to make it interesting again, and make things consistantly to keep the TTT servers alive. On top of this we need to make things to draw new players in more, the starter guns I don't think is enough.

So in conclusion: more content updates to TTT, that will effect the whole server rather than just a few people who are lucky enough to drop the new godlikes.

I completely agree with hockey's argument. I understand that server seriousness might play a small issue in the server dying, but I haven't played for like a year and a half and most things haven't changed on TTT. Also no offense, but the snowmen rounds aren't that great, they don't make me want to play the server. I'm being honest and not immediately agreeing with brassx reasoning even though I think it does play a small role. Also blaming the enchanceables is dumb...
Find

New players also get a rune of power at level 3.
Find

You guys also seem to forget that there isnt that much that can be done for TTT itself. New det/t weapons were added in along with some other minigames. It isnt as simple as snapping your fingers and saying "LETS MAKE TTT GREAT AGAIN" for everything to change. If you have ideas on how you would change ttt im all ears for it, and im sure brassx would be as well.
Find

(12-25-2017, 06:00 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  I propose a question to ALL OF YOU, why did you enjoy FRGs TTT when you first joined and how has that changed to the present day?

I enjoyed TTT from here when I came in April 2016 since it was another inventory server and everyone was laid back, it had a lobby server with an event that was unique just to this server. But now at the end of 2017, all of that has changed, we have a lot more unique events and a lot more content yet no one does these events for some reason, and people aren't that laid back.

We have forgotten why we came to FRG in the first place, to have fun and to enjoy ourselves. Now we just bicker over dying one single round and holding it against someone expecting punishment to be handed out like its fucking candy.

1. unpoke wasnt here
2. cubans werent didnt have admen power
3. unpokie wasnt admen
kappa
Find

(12-25-2017, 06:12 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  You guys also seem to forget that there isnt that much that can be done for TTT itself. New det/t weapons were added in along with some other minigames. It isnt as simple as snapping your fingers and saying "LETS MAKE TTT GREAT AGAIN" for everything to change. If you have ideas on how you would change ttt im all ears for it, and im sure brassx would be as well.

I never stated I knew the solution, just said the reasoning. It's not enhancable guns and changing them wouldn't change anything.
Find

(12-25-2017, 06:04 AM)hockeyfn Wrote:  I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say that it's most likely not the "seriousness" of the server thats killing playerbase, and I also don't think making enhancables "easier to level" will bring back players single handidly, and it also wouldn't bring new players to the server. These might contribute to the reason for the server being dead, but it's almost definitely not the main reason. I'm just going to be completely honest here to the reason why I think the server is dying, and sorry if I come across as a dick or w/e. It's honestly the lack of content added to TTT. I've made a post about this in the past actually, about how the more you add events to the lobby the more the server will die. Ontop of this not the snowman rounds are definitely NOT fun to new players, sure it's fun to the regulars because we know we are getting loot, but to the players who are new to the server, join and play a lame ass minigame where you throw snowballs at immobile targets (and i've heard new players saying "what's the point of this?"). Now in my opinion that's the reason why the server has been lowering in playercount over x-mas, here is the reason why it's been slowing down over time: The lack of consistent content updates. Now i'm not trying to offend brass's work ethic here, but me and enchant left the server for aprox. 8 months, and came back to the server and literally almost nothing had changed, nothing but a few godlikes added (which, by the way doesn't effect gameplay for 95% of the community). I think to ressurect the server brass would need to release more game changing things to the TTT server to make it interesting again, and make things consistantly to keep the TTT servers alive. On top of this we need to make things to draw new players in more, the starter guns I don't think is enough.

So in conclusion: more content updates to TTT, that will effect the whole server rather than just a few people who are lucky enough to drop the new godlikes.

There's new non-godlike items added to every single crate(Plus a 'few' is an understatement, our main attraction and longevity, is indeed the Inventory system after all).. Everytime I make new T/D items, people complain to have them removed.

Everytime we make new TTT minigames, people complain to have them removed, or complain when they happen (like you with snowmen rounds. A limited time event), instead of proposing any kind of valuable feedback or how to improve them (gun game, etc).

What else is there to add to TTT? If anyone has suggestions:

http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5103

This is a thread I created a year ago in order to add new stuff to TTT, as you can see from the posts on it, I did in fact do a decent amount of things in the thread, however, only a few were actually even TTT related (thanks TJ)

As I stated in my original post, we are severely limited to what we can add to TTT without people complaining to no end about it to get them removed, thus creating a more toxic and less fun environment. Why is that? because they are taking it TOO seriously. Thus the point of the original thread. It's halting TTT progress.. Not sure if you just didn't read my wall of text, or what.

That said, I 100% agree on more TTT updates. But what kind of updates? You can say "make Game changing updates!' but that doesn't do anything. I've been searching for awhile for something new, and game changing(the Inventory system is about as game changing as it comes) like that to no avail. there's just not much we can do..
EDIT: Perhaps a big wave of new base weapons?

"The lack of consistent content updates. " I hope you meant TTT updates, because that is true, but it's not true at all for everything else..

(12-25-2017, 06:08 AM)Anthony Wrote:  I completely agree with hockey's argument. I understand that server seriousness might play a small issue in the server dying, but I haven't played for like a year and a half and most things haven't changed on TTT. Also no offense, but the snowmen rounds aren't that great, they don't make me want to play the server. I'm being honest and not immediately agreeing with brassx reasoning even though I think it does play a small role. Also blaming the enchanceables is dumb...

What exactly do you not like about snowmen rounds? It's 3 minutes of your life, once maybe twice a map. Is it just too tedious, or what?

I expected not everyone to like it, but the general feedback from them was good, then they rarely happened, so I overkilled it and made them too common ,which in turn had more of a negative effect.

I'm throwing snowballs at snowmen that aren't moving and that aren't a threat to me. I find it boring and extremely repetitive. TTT might be somewhat repetitive, but I think the snowmen rounds are incredibly boring. Just how I feel about it some people agree and others don't just being honest.
Find

Things that would improve the playerbase

1)More base weapons
I think something fun and exciting would be More weapons not just locked to a single crate or just one weapon released i'm talking atleast alot more so many guns it wouldn't matter if you got a rare gun but you had a primordial of some sort you would still use it because of how fun and new the gun is.It dosen't have to be serious at all either it could be entirely fictional and personally i wouldn't care

2)Whacky Rounds
I know MoatGaming has this but i suggested this and was never given credit so technically its my original idea basically rounds that have no extra reward and there's at least one per map

3)Rules?

Honestly if there's a couple of rules that get me bummed out its especially one
Look
You see an innocent it states he last saw (Name) You as a detective of course get out your visualizor or whatever its called and then WHAT He Was looking directly at the person who shot him so you go off and kill the guy and then you get reported.and then you get slayed

This is absolute shit and the rules are too serious if its extremely obvious and you solved the case like a real detective then you shouldn't be slain for doing so

4)Events
The events while anticipated are kind of a letdown for halloween the crates were too cheap and the godlike chance was too low christmas you run around and shoot fucking snowmen
Listen this christmas i wanted snowball rounds back as well and maybe a new type of round

So basically add back the old mini games as well especially if they're as fun as the Snowball rounds

another thing though there is only about 3 special events Easter,Halloween,Christmas find a excuse for a fourth annual event such as summer or maybe Valentines day

5)Daily quests and a entire workaround of the Fragments
I think Xerxe's should pick up his things and go...Mobile that is see i believe on the servers there should be a daily quest and a weekly quest you complete it  and it gives you a good amount of the fragments also Fragments should be more useful

all in all Funner Weapons.Whacky Rounds,Loosen the rules,Better Events And Daily And Weekly quests on the servers
Find

Most of us are veterans from NTG, who have played Garry's Mod for a long time. We're all just getting older, getting busier and losing interest in certain games. Personally, I don't have anything on FRG that would be preventing me from playing. Can't think of anything wrong with it. I just like TTT, but I only like it on occasion, so I don't play often. I wouldn't mind if FRG never got any updates from here on out, and just was kept up for fun and games. Voslom when?