Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

turtles are dumb

Definitely are annoying. Tbh they are annoying when you are an inno and a traitor, considering you have to avoid them as a traitor aswell, because people will kill you if you take little damage from them. They are a problem for both role and are not fun, on top of that they aren't even unique as they are on other servers. +1 to remove for me
Find

I can vouch for Fancy's story that he got murdered by gettting frozen and getting raped, Kcat was laughing at it and it was kind of messed up.
Find

Turtles are hilarious. Why is everyone on FRG so tryhard on their inno rounds? I have gotten stuck on turtles (to the point that I couldn't get out after 2 seconds) maybe 2 times. All I do is crouch and jump and I get unstuck almost every time. They are also super easy to kill and even avoid entirely.

(12-18-2017, 01:00 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  Turtles are hilarious. Why is everyone on FRG so tryhard on their inno rounds? I have gotten stuck on turtles (to the point that I couldn't get out after 2 seconds) maybe 2 times. All I do is crouch and jump and I get unstuck almost every time. They are also super easy to kill and even avoid entirely.

I'm sick of hearing the "This is a CASUAL game" or "Why is everyone so tryhard" excuse as to why things can't be complained about being overpowered or annoying.

Even if it isn't a competitive game, it doesn't matter. That's like saying if there was a gun that one hit everyone, that it wouldn't be allowed to be complained about because this is a "casual" game. FRG is not a normal vanilla TTT server, so you really can't try to compare it to one. Sure, other TTT servers may be casual, but FRG is much much different than those, especially with all the current rules.

If you want to go to a "casual" inventory server, go back to NTG(which i might add is dead), where every gun basically one hits. There is a reason why guns on FRG have negative stats and other things in attempt to balance them, which was why FRG was originally created, to be a somewhat balanced inventory server.

+1, turtles should do less damage.

Also, make the model fast headcrabs, the hitbox is above the turtle (and rarely, The fast headcrab is visible on top of the turtle).
Find

^hey you didn't address the fact that turtles ain't a threat
legit, they're fun, maybe a bit dangerous but not awful to use.

never died to it. Also, guns one hit here anyways. My best weapon is a bananas mac10.

I'm sick of hearing the "This is a HARDCORE game" or "Why is everyone having FUN???" excuse as to why things can't be complained about being LITERALLY ANYTHING.
Find

(12-18-2017, 01:31 AM)Terran Wrote:  ^hey you didn't address the fact that turtles ain't a threat
legit, they're fun, maybe a bit dangerous but not awful to use.

never died to it. Also, guns one hit here anyways. My best weapon is a bananas mac10.

I'm sick of hearing the "This is a HARDCORE game" or "Why is everyone having FUN???" excuse as to why things can't be complained about being LITERALLY ANYTHING.

How are you sick of hearing something that nobody says? I've never once heard someone say any of those things in my 5+ years of playing TTT.

You also seem to forget the fact that people with a rifle/deagle loadouts literally stand no chance of killing 15+ turtles. Not everyone has a full auto mac10 to kill turtles.

When a majority of the server is saying that turtles are OP and not fun to play with, obviously there is something wrong there.
Find

+1 turtles need nerf and should stay that way!
Find

(12-18-2017, 01:19 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(12-18-2017, 01:00 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  Turtles are hilarious. Why is everyone on FRG so tryhard on their inno rounds? I have gotten stuck on turtles (to the point that I couldn't get out after 2 seconds) maybe 2 times. All I do is crouch and jump and I get unstuck almost every time. They are also super easy to kill and even avoid entirely.

I'm sick of hearing the "This is a CASUAL game" or "Why is everyone so tryhard" excuse as to why things can't be complained about being overpowered or annoying.

Even if it isn't a competitive game, it doesn't matter. That's like saying if there was a gun that one hit everyone, that it wouldn't be allowed to be complained about because this is a "casual" game. FRG is not a normal vanilla TTT server, so you really can't try to compare it to one. Sure, other TTT servers may be casual, but FRG is much much different than those, especially with all the current rules.

If you want to go to a "casual" inventory server, go back to NTG(which i might add is dead), where every gun basically one hits. There is a reason why guns on FRG have negative stats and other things in attempt to balance them, which was why FRG was originally created, to be a somewhat balanced inventory server.

The mindset is, if some things are a little outside the bounds of balance, it would hopefully help people stop being so serious. We don't want people to be super serious, because it's simply less fun, and more stressful. Clearly that hasn't worked. (New rules in the making to hopefully achieve this)

Off topic from turtles though:
I do have to agree with Jake though, in the sense that I don't understand why people get so butthurt about Innocent rounds, but not in the sense that they are being 'try hard' about it. It's just odd that you complain about a round where you're probably going to die to any other T item or just normal weapon (much faster than turtles will kill you). So why get so annoyed with turtles when there's a number of other items a T can use to kill you much faster?

I feel if some of you got your way, there would literally be 0 unique and/or useful T weapons.

You guys do need to grasp the concept that it's OKAY for some T items to be a little more on the overpowered side(not specifically talking about turtles here). T's are up against the entire server, and on top of that, its a server that has more than just vanilla items. So it tends to be even harder. We want useful items for them to use to have fun, as T rounds are basically the main attraction to the TTT Gamemode. People tend to just use the same items every round because some things are simply not worth using, which sucks.

A Traitor is supposed to have an advantage in a 1 vs 1 type scenario 99% of the time, if you guys don't like that, TTT is the WRONG gamemode for you. I feel like some of you are treating TTT like it's a deathmatch type gamemode, where balance is very crucial. That's not at all what TTT is, but that said, being somewhat balanced is a good thing, and there's certainly nothing wrong with expressing your opinions on what you believe is too overpowered or under-powered.

Now for turtles, the buff may have been a bit much, but back in the day when I used to play other TTT servers, Turtle/headcrab nades were some of my favorite items, but I remember some of them being very underwhelming and pretty much useless. I did not want that with these, so after hearing some complaints about them, I messed around with them and did some changes. Albeit I knew it was likely 'overkill'. I'll work on a better balance, but I'm not going to FULLY revert them back to their previous state. I'll work on some different changes for them (nocollide, less damage, etc).

Nocollide sounds perfect.
Lowered damage is fine, too, of course. I mentioned how I use them as distraction, etc tools and they're great for that. Solid fun.