Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FRG Economy

I like my idea more

(12-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  1: With trading on FRG, you're only able to trade up so far before you hit basically a dead end, yet there's so many more things to get, but due to how the economy is and how people don't want to sell any non-droppable guns it becomes impossible and you just lose all will to try to trade up. It kills trade morality and a thriving economy.

I had an idea similar to this. I called it the super item crate (just something that came out of my dumbass head). It has a chance to go in pointshop which means it's limited, ya know? Every time it goes into the shop it has a different extinct godlike ie: Last Prayer. This crate could even contain extinct pointshop godlikes ie: Snowflakes. I don't know maybe this could be added to sink coins, ya know?

(12-02-2017, 10:30 PM)Brassx Wrote:  [*]New global drop, somewhat like a Djinn. Once obtained, it will require payment of 1 godlike + 50k coins to unlock. Once unlocked you will get ONE random 'expired' godlike from it (To help the 'originals' feel special, they will be bumped up to exotics(even if they are re-obtained now with old crates saved up), while all new ones will remain godlike)

Would it have the same rarity as a Djinn or a completely different one?
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(12-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  You only ever see the same few godlikes drop now, which is one of the main reasons why I supported something like the Flashback crate. The Flashback crate would keep the godlike drops interesting and would also keep the amount of coins circulating down. Honestly, the Flashback crate had tremendous support, other than a few people who wanted to stay special with their godlikes that they own, I'm surprised it hasn't been added. Unless there's something I'm missing, I see no good reason not to add that or at least something similar to it. Even with the occasional coinsinks, people still maintain their money.

I own none of the limited time godlikes except the galil and I do not support this whatsoever. The reason you want those godlikes is because they are so rare. Tartarus is one of the best godlikes in the game but nobody wants them because there are so many. When holiday events are added it brings back a lot of people because they want to try and get the limited time godlikes. If those godlikes will be obtainable again there's not as much of a point to get on and grind during the original event. I know it feels bad to grind and try really hard to get a limited holiday godlike and then not get it (TRUST ME I KNOW) but if everyone that put in time got it then it wouldn't be rare.

(12-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  1: With trading on FRG, you're only able to trade up so far before you hit basically a dead end, yet there's so many more things to get, but due to how the economy is and how people don't want to sell any non-droppable guns it becomes impossible and you just lose all will to try to trade up. It kills trade morality and a thriving economy.

I dont think it's that people don't want to sell non-droppable guns, I think they don't want to sell RARE guns. For example, I have a bow. I have used it maybe 3 times but I wont sell it and I keep it in my bank. It's still droppable but it's rare. See what I'm getting at? People will always hold onto their rare godlikes and not want to trade them unless they get a second one. That's just how it goes.

(12-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  2: Going to back to what I mentioned earlier, there's basically only the same few godlikes that drop now; Railguns, Tartarus', and Thrakos'. It's gotten to the point that when 90% of people drop one of them, they aren't even excited anymore. I personally get more excited when I drop a good primordial than I do the normal godlikes. In the last 15 pages of the shoutbox, there have been 8 Railguns, 6 Thrakos', 4 Tartarus', 1 Eleos, 1 Rune of Ultimate Reconstruction, and 1 Mask of Bazzalth.

This exact thing will happen with ANY godlike if it becomes less rare.

(12-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  2: Implement something along the lines of the Flashback crate, it would be more interesting to actually see some diversity in the godlike drops and it could help keep the coin amounts down. There's even people who own the older godlikes who support the guns coming back. I know there's a few people with those older godlikes who want to stay unique, but there's so many people who want one and like mentioned above, NOBODY wants to trade them.

If everyone got what they wanted then nothing would be rare anymore. You want those things because they are impossible to get. If the flashback crate was added for a limited time and lets say 4-5 more people got one of the limited time godlikes then that's just 4-5 more people that probably won't sell it. Some of you guys don't seem to understand that literally EVERYONE wants godlikes. It probably a large reason why most of us play FRG. There's just a select few that continuously bring it up and feel like they deserve or should get those godlikes. We ALL want them. Some of us just realize it's not going to happen so we don't continuously cry about it. Also, as stated before, if we all get them they won't be sought after anymore.
Find

+1 to global drop Brass mentioned, maybe make it cost fewer coins though. It should also be more common than djinns imo. Also increasing the drop chances will help a lot with people trading rare weapons. Rare weapons with good traits can be the way that the current rare weapons are, held in invetories for collections.

(12-02-2017, 11:50 PM)SP1D3RP1G Wrote:  +1 to global drop Brass mentioned, maybe make it cost fewer coins though. It should also be more common than djinns imo. Also increasing the drop chances will help a lot with people trading rare weapons. Rare weapons with good traits can be the way that the current rare weapons are, held in invetories for collections.

I think 50k + some random godlike is worth it for a non-obtainable godlike. Even if you don't want to open it you could sell it for massive amounts of money, so no matter what you still make money.

Also nerf lucky maps because they easily can give 20k+ coins with no effort needed

(12-03-2017, 12:11 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  I think 50k + some random godlike is worth it for a non-obtainable godlike. Even if you don't want to open it you could sell it for massive amounts of money, so no matter what you still make money.

Should it scale to the godlike? Railgun is probably the worst and CCD or Thrakos is the best?
Bouncy Rounds

(12-03-2017, 01:14 AM)halaman Wrote:  
(12-03-2017, 12:11 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  I think 50k + some random godlike is worth it for a non-obtainable godlike. Even if you don't want to open it you could sell it for massive amounts of money, so no matter what you still make money.

Should it scale to the godlike? Railgun is probably the worst and CCD or Thrakos is the best?

Don't think it should scale. A godlike is a godlike and that's kind of creating a double standard. We want to try to make the godlikes that drop too much, useful. Scaling would only fix the problem for some of them instead of all.

(12-03-2017, 12:37 AM)wind Wrote:  Also nerf lucky maps because they easily can give 20k+ coins with no effort needed

They do?!?! I usually only get some crates. If you are implying that the crates give 20k coins then the coins from crates thing Brass mentioned would also fix this issue.
Find

(12-02-2017, 10:30 PM)Brassx Wrote:  What hurts the economy the most is the amount of coins coming into the system, and having nothing worthwhile to spend it on that removes coins from the game entirely (not trading, coins stay in the system when trading), not just godlikes that come into the system. So the better solution is to find something long-term to help lower that. Flashback crate would serve as a good coinsink for as long as it lasts, normal crates do as well.. But to maintain the 'prestige' of those expired items, they would be limited. So again, it's not the long-term solution we need by itself.

I've talked about this for a while now, and have been making suggestions to help tide this somewhat but it's nowhere near aggressive enough to fix this problem. I believe that flat out removing coins as a possible reward from crates could be enough to fix this endless cycle of inflation. There's already so many different sources of coins.
Obviously that isn't a popular opinion, but I believe FRG would be better off with a change like that.

(12-02-2017, 09:28 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  I believe Tobias’ work on the recent crates has helped the economy as a coin sink and as long as he’s willing to continue helping with crates in the future (and potentially more often w/ item crate 3 or crescent crate 2) and the top off with the “extinct” addition, there will be serious improvements.

To what end? It's gotten to the point where the last three crates have been seen mainly a coin sink by anybody with eyes.
I would much rather crates came out and be valued individually and not how they do for the economy and besides it's TERRIBLE for new players. Imagine one week every 2 months where everyone has no idea what anything is worth.
Many people aren't even "falling for it" anymore, Bri's sitting there with his pile of cash stocked up in his war chest and it'll remain that way no matter how many coin sink crates come out and the problem will continue to cycle if not addressed properly. All credit to Tobias for the crates, but he can't just keep making crates forever.

What I'd personally like to see as coin sinks:
Remove survive tickets/ asylum tickets from drops and allow players to buy them instead for 1k each from the shop
Add entry fees for certain bosses.
Add a way to bypass the failure cooldown for coins.
How about a way to reroll cosmetics once we have them? Like how a rune of reconstruction rerolls guns, this shop option could reroll accessories for a fee.
How about possibly re-adding some of those older accessory crate cosmetics to the store for a lot? I know a lot of people are dying to get their hands on a charple or a combine model.

None of this stuff is new, it just simply mixes up a few existing things with the bonus of being a nifty use of coins

(12-03-2017, 01:21 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  They do?!?! I usually only get some crates. If you are implying that the crates give 20k coins then the coins from crates thing Brass mentioned would also fix this issue.

No not that i mean i usually get 1k+ coins each round and drop a prim cannibalistic or reassurance. which can be sold for anywhere from 4-10k
Find