3 6.98%
Rework Net
9.30%
4 9.30%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remove/Rework Bear Traps/Barnacles/Plasma Nets

Please remove these. I thought one of FRG's main rules when it comes to traits and stuff is that you always are able to still fight back.

P.S. Don't forget to rate this as "Salty"

well, i voted for plasma net but I don't really want it removed. Just a serious nerf. Like I said in the bumped post, its honestly stupid how it is right now.

I dont really mind barnacles and bear traps though. At least in bear traps you can fight back. And barnacles take longer to kill you so it gives you more of a chance to survive because you can get someone to destroy it real fast
Find

Plasma net is nerfed in the next patch.

Changes to it:
  • It now will only slow when hit upclose, and only freeze at a decent distance away.
  • The duration of the slow/freeze is 5 seconds vs 15 seconds.
  • The projectile will gain speed the longer it travels.

As for the other things, I don't really see the need. They are situational and only apply when a T uses them, and they are quite fun to use as a T.

I think a better option is to take TTT for what it is - A casual gamemode. No need to get salty over a traitor killing an innocent, as T's tend to lose the rounds most of the time anyways.
Find

Can I still shoot it down?
SG Fucking Overlord
Find

TTT is pretty fun, but I do hate the bear trap. I don't like that you have to damage it to get rid of it. The barnacle I'm OK with, but the bear trap just pisses me off.

Actually, Brass, you know that dumb beam weapon that spawns those zappers? Can you make them easier to destroy? I spent three glock magazines (Heroic Glock) to kill one, and by that time there was no saving me. Just speaking of "Stuff that's hard to destroy"...

also buff turtles

Edit: Also, I feel like the Plasma Shield could use an increased cooldown. It lasts 30 seconds, and has a 45 second cooldown? (I think I got the numbers right). Its very spammable.
Find

(11-15-2017, 12:50 AM)Brassx Wrote:  As for the other things, I don't really see the need. They are situational and only apply when a T uses them, and they are quite fun to use as a T.

I think a better option is to take TTT for what it is - A casual gamemode. No need to get salty over a traitor killing an innocent, as T's tend to lose the rounds most of the time anyways.

The only reason I want bear traps/barnacles removed is because of the current rules.

If someone is obviously camping next or around the corner from a bear trap waiting for you/someone to get stuck in it, it would make sense if you were allowed to kill them, right? Well, with the current rule set we can't. If someone is stuck in a bear trap, 95% of the time they're gonna get killed because they aren't allowed to shoot the person first. if you see someone bolting at you the second after you get stuck in a bear trap, chances are they're running at you to kill you. Now I'm not asking for the rules to be changed or the bear trap to really be removed, I just wanted to put that out there.

(11-15-2017, 01:05 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(11-15-2017, 12:50 AM)Brassx Wrote:  As for the other things, I don't really see the need. They are situational and only apply when a T uses them, and they are quite fun to use as a T.

The only reason I want bear traps/barnacles removed is because of the current rules.

If someone is obviously camping next or around the corner from a bear trap waiting for you/someone to get stuck in it, it would make sense if you were allowed to kill them, right? Well, with the current rule set we can't. If someone is stuck in a bear trap, 95% of the time they're gonna get killed because they aren't allowed to shoot the person first. if you see someone bolting at you the second after you get stuck in a bear trap, chances are they're running at you to kill you. Now I'm not asking for the rules to be changed or the bear trap to really be removed, I just wanted to put that out there.
That's fair.

You can never really tell if they are running at you to kill you, running at you to give you a hand, or who knows what else. That base concept can sort-of be applied to other situations too though, not just that T weapon. However, at the very least you can likely just call them out before you die. Worst case though, you die and lose an Innocent round. What's the big deal? It's not impossible to spot the traps either (flashlight helps).

Now I want to point out your contradiction:
Quote:The only reason I want bear traps/barnacles removed is because of the current rules.

Quote:Now I'm not asking for the rules to be changed or the bear trap to really be removed, I just wanted to put that out there.
Heh.

We have to weigh between more enjoyable/'easier' T rounds, or easier/'more fair' Innocent rounds.

I have learned that people do like to play with somewhat 'over-powered' items. And a way to do that in TTT without it being completely 'broken' is by introducing them as a type of Traitor item.
Find

I completely agree with tobias here, if you hit a bear trap there is a 95% chance you will die. And it is pretty obvious who puts it down but we can barely fight back while in it. We go to destroy it and we get destroyed by the T's and when we just wait for them to shoot they have a huge advantage since we cannot kill off logic. I've only won in just a handful of times while stuck due to shitboxes but this is an item that gives T too much of an advantage to use. It's a no risk and huge reward item.

And logic rules are still dumb especially applied towards this weapon, even if you say it is a casual gamemode, some people still would like to win (like me because im competitive, bite me). I'd like to see this have to be more of a risk than no risk weapon.
Find

(11-15-2017, 01:27 AM)Brassx Wrote:  That's fair.

You can never really tell if they are running at you to kill you, running at you to give you a hand, or who knows what else. That base concept can sort-of be applied to other situations too though, not just that T weapon. However, at the very least you can likely just call them out before you die. Worst case though, you die and lose an Innocent round. What's the big deal? It's not impossible to spot the traps either (flashlight helps).

Now I want to point out your contradiction:
Quote:The only reason I want bear traps/barnacles removed is because of the current rules.

Quote:Now I'm not asking for the rules to be changed or the bear trap to really be removed, I just wanted to put that out there.
Heh.

We have to weigh between more enjoyable/'easier' T rounds, or easier/'more fair' Innocent rounds.

I have learned that people do like to play with somewhat 'over-powered' items. And a way to do that in TTT without it being completely 'broken' is by introducing them as a type of Traitor item.

Whoops, meant to remove that first part lmao.

But yeah, I see what you mean. There's no real way to fix it completely other than completely removing the item. Though, nobody ever really runs at someone to help them in a bear trap to be fair. You can't really KOS them when they instantly one deag you because you can't jump or strafe out of the way without having to spam at least half a clip of a galil at the bear trap. Can it at least be made so its only a one hit to break it with any weapon? Taking away 40 HP is already a major disadvantage, I don't think you really should have to waste that much ammo too.
Find

(11-15-2017, 01:27 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  

I completely agree with tobias here, if you hit a bear trap there is a 95% chance you will die. And it is pretty obvious who puts it down but we can barely fight back while in it. We go to destroy it and we get destroyed by the T's and when we just wait for them to shoot they have a huge advantage since we cannot kill off logic. I've only won in just a handful of times while stuck due to shitboxes but this is an item that gives T too much of an advantage to use. It's a no risk and huge reward item.

And logic rules are still dumb especially applied towards this weapon, even if you say it is a casual gamemode, some people still would like to win (like me because im competitive, bite me). I'd like to see this have to be more of a risk than no risk weapon.

I really don't think TTT is the right gamemode to try and be competitive at. Especially as an Innocent.

Surely you can try, but the more 'competitive' we make it, the more we need to strip out to be more balanced/skill based, and the more salt that gets generated over little things. Also the less 'newbie friendly' we become as well. We are already said to be full of 'try hards' which seems to be a turn-off for newer players. Which is something I really am displeased with.

I'm willing to allow more logical killings, but staff will be the ones suffering for such a change. It makes their jobs a lot harder, and will probably double the RDM reports. Logic is something that is almost impossible to prove/disprove too.

Quote:But yeah, I see what you mean. There's no real way to fix it completely other than completely removing the item. Though, nobody ever really runs at someone to help them in a bear trap to be fair. You can't really KOS them when they instantly one deag you because you can't jump or strafe out of the way without having to spam at least half a clip of a galil at the bear trap. Can it at least be made so its only a one hit to break it with any weapon? Taking away 40 HP is already a major disadvantage, I don't think you really should have to waste that much ammo too.

What if it were changed though to slow instead of freeze? It damages you for 40 damage, gets 'attached' to you somehow and slows you until you destroy it? Or just slows you for a set duration and gets destroyed after it hits you?
Find