Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

App's are not being taken seriously

Post ratings are now just used to meme applications and its becoming really stupid and unacceptable.

Applications are meant to be taken seriously, not turn into a dumb meme contest of who get can the most troll or cringe ratings. If we can't see responses on apps, we shouldn't be able to see post ratings either as they're almost always used to troll now.

A few examples are:

Mini's Admin App:

Tobias' Mod App:

Tobias' New Mod App(after being up for 10 minutes)

I really don't think the manager especially should be doing this on app of any sort whether he has a say in them or not. If this is a joke then it can be left outside the forums not everyone knows that and it looks bad for the person making an app if the manager puts a cringe on their app. You can leave that in shit posting where it belongs.

Ratings are not taken into consideration for applications at all. Only responses are. Seems like a silly thing to be upset over as it isn’t damaging at all, this server is full of memes.

edit: my cringe on this complaint isn’t a meme, i genuinely think this is cringy, clarifying so you dont blow a fuse

- That Thrakos Noob

The fact you guys are getting triggered over some internet emoticons is pretty cringe.
TriHard Kappa

The manager of the server marking that application as cringe can sway new users or people on the fence that is the first thing they see on the app.

They would have to post a valid reason to why they are -1ing you. Any half thought negative or positive feedback with no reasoning behind it is hardly taken into any consideration either.

I should mention that all of the feedback on the apps of the screenshots you’e posted above consist of actual responses, none of which mention the ratings (because they’re irrelevant)

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

+1 Have gotten steam messages to Put cringe on Aps before
Find

If we cant see responses then we shouldn't be able to see ratings it lets people meme serious threads and discourages people from making applications, the responses should remain between the poster and the one who make the final decision.
Find

The reason responses are anonymous are to protect the poster and allow them to put an honest opinion without starting drama. By allowing ratings, you give the option to allow posters to publicize their opinion so that the applicant or perhaps others can approach that person and ask them about their opinion. This is helpful especially to the applicant to try to change the negative points about them.
If you ask someone about their rating and they say “it’s just a meme” and you’re worried or discouraged still, I think you need to relax lol.

Of course it could sway somebody’s opinion as well to see a staff member or a friend or whoever they respect publically disagree, but they wouldn’t disagree or have good reason to disagree just for that reason alone. Perhaps they’ll approach that person and ask and their opinion will change based off that response, and that’s a great thing. It could bring up a point they hadn’t previously thought about, and it’s important people voting on an application here much like real life can get as much information about the person as they can before they make a decision so it’s educated. Not everyone is here for everything, so spreading information is important in that regard.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(11-12-2017, 07:17 PM)[GR]NICESHOTgetrektm8 Wrote:  If we cant see responses then we shouldn't be able to see ratings it lets people meme serious threads and discourages people from making applications, the responses should remain between the poster and the one who make the final decision.

There is a reason why we don't see responses so someone doesn't go out of their way to make their life hell.

Ratings we're always used in a way than what they are designed for. Ratings have never meant much in any form of feedback. I have rated apps cringe and still supported them because of how they were written out.

I feel like you have misplaced your feelings and you should be looking for something else to get upset at that is actually a problem towards the community.

Real talk though where is the artistic rating at