Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: What sky would you rather see?
Space!
The hardest difficulty in Killing Floor/Scorched Earth.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A question about the skybox

I'm creating a map and I'm wondering what I should make the sky look like.

These are the two textures I would like to use

Click on the image to zoom in

Galaxy skybox created by komaokc
Scorched Earth created by Lord Canistra

The Galaxy skybox would be much brighter than the Scorched Earth and have stars littered everywhere.

The Scorched Earth skybox will have more realistic lighting and have a interesting look to the map

The Scorched Earth skybox was meant to be a CS:GO skybox, some objects and guns will probably have a shiny look (like in the map Clue. The gun and TV is extremely bright, but doesn't apply to all objects like barrels.), but I'm assuming this could be fix with cubemaps.
Scorched Earth doesn't have stars anywhere, instead there is the sun and a planet on top of the skybox, below it is literally Hell on Earth

(Guess you can say it's pretty LIT....sorry....)
Find

I like the second one, because the galaxy one reminds me of space station and I hate that map
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(10-27-2017, 07:35 PM)halaman Wrote:  I like the second one, because the galaxy one reminds me of space station and I hate that map

No one likes Space Station lol
Find

Yeah second one is definitely the way to go.
Find

will we need the astronaut helmet to be out in space??

(10-27-2017, 09:40 PM)Kuro Wrote:  will we need the astronaut helmet to be out in space??

No lol
Find

Yeah that lighting issue should be fixed by placing the appropriate env_cubemaps around the map, compiling the map, turning mat_specular to 0 in game and running the console command buildcubemaps.