Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shortening of ban sentence

You were level 17 with 95 hours, you should've known the rules and what would happen if you were to break them. As Kcat said most bans for racism are a perma so you got let off a bit nicer than some other people. -1 wait it out mang should've known what would've happened
Find

(10-22-2017, 03:41 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I can't say I really agree with it ever being allowed. While I agree with the word being too 'empowered', what you're talking about is a 'real world problem', not a GMOD server problem. This is not the platform to take on such issues.

Also, If you're going to use the word to be edgy and toxic, I just don't want you here.

Have you joined a PUBG lobby just to have 100 people spamming the word in voice chat? Yeah. It's not pleasant. We don't want to turn into that.

Like it or not, words do change meanings overtime. The hard R is rarely said in a way that isn't offensive. While the A variant has evolved as a slang word to mean 'man' or 'dude', yes it's slang so it's technically still 'racist', but.. Let me ask you, have you really seen anyone try and use the A variant in an attempt to really offend someone? Not really. But it comes down to a matter of personal beliefs.

Let's be real though, No one is gonna come on and say "N**GER" in a way that's 'friendly'.

We're not here to talk about dialects, or culture. We're here to have fun. We don't need some deeper meaning to our rules, it's a common ruleset across servers(the no hard R's is pretty common too), and for good reason.

People should treat how they speak like this: If you're not going to go out in public and say it to a stranger, you should not say it on the server.

No racism is allowed, but this word in particular is more of a problem then the other words. Why? Because it's by far the most used by toxic people.

I will say again though: Context is everything. I don't believe just saying a 'word' with not much context should lead to a ban. Saying it in an offensive/annoying way should be(but that can be too subjective). CONTEXT.

Just gonna put this here; Not trying to argue but bringing light to the topic. I was on both time's limbo said the n word and he was informed its bannable and not allowed. The first time is understandable, but we told him for the second time what would happen and he did it anyways. It wasn't directed at anyone and wasn't being disrespectful, but he was using it knowing it wasn't allowed.
Post from Brass on this particular topic to bring some light to the ban itself. MG

You knew it was against the rules, and nothing in this post says you understand what you did was wrong or that you regret it at all.
Ban upheld.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find