Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

No Content Pack, Extreme lagging and Crashing, Error Textures, Unplayability

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen, A server trying to be all professional without a fucking content pack?! are you all screwing with me?! I should not, AND I REPEAT should not be having error textures! Not only that but these scripts keep crashing my game, or at least freezing it for upwards of a minute and a half! Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of this server, but it is poorly executed!

Now the obvious questions:

Do you have ____ Mounted?:
I have all half life related games mounted, including portal two, tf2, Counterstrike, Left for dead, ETC.

What are your specs?:
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz 55 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1200MHz (17-17-17-39)
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-16JB (U3E1) 60 °C
Graphics
27MP33 (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 630 (MSI)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (MSI) 54 °C
ForceWare version: 385.69
SLI Disabled
Storage
238GB KINGSTON RBU-SNS8152S3256GG5 (SSD) 46 °C
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA) 34 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
USB Audio Class 1.0 and 2.0 Device Driver

Do you have garry's mod set to download ALL content: Yes

Do you have the recommended launch options to prevent crashing and lag: YES

Are you upset: VERY MUCH SO!

Unless your planning on fixing this, I might stop playing, seeing how I don't have a content pack, and shotguns and custom textures are purple, that's annoying enough on top of the lag or crash every 5-10 minutes. Again I'm going to say it, I love the concept, but yall need to cleanup scripts and add a Map Pack and Content/Textures pack or BOTH AT ONCE! jeez it's like you never thought of it or something!

*phew* Glad I got that off my chest, look guys just fix it, please.

too many words for my tiny brain to comprehend
Find

I'm fairly sure that the only map that has missing textures if you have the correct games installed is waterworld. In terms of scripts I've never seen anyone crashing from them or crashing whatsoever. Shotguns are literally the base cs: s shotgun so there shouldn't be a reason that you're missing them. Anything that is added to the server is downloaded by itself so you shouldn't have problems like that. I could be wrong though as I haven't cleared my downloads folder or reinstalled in awhile.
Find

Uh... First off, kindly take it down a notch lmao. Secondly, no one else has a problem with loading the textures, so long as they have Source. Whatever your issue is, it's more than likely client side. There's no reason to get so upset over it.

Sorry for your issues.

All of the content is downloaded from our webserver(Materials, Models, Maps, sounds, etc). Most people who have issues with these have something wrong on their end.

We have had thousands of players in and out, 99% of which don't have problems with this as their game automatically downloads the content needed from our webserver (sv_downloadurl, or FastDL as most refer to it).

The other problems you have are also something we don't usually experience.

Quote:Do you have the recommended launch options to prevent crashing and lag: YES

What launch options are these specifically? Do you have problems on other servers with mounting custom content?

Most servers don't need a custom content workshop file/pack. It's basically a waste of time because the VAST MAJORITY can download it through the game as needed.
Find

(10-19-2017, 04:02 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Sorry for your issues.

All of the content is downloaded from our webserver(Materials, Models, Maps, sounds, etc). Most people who have issues with these have something wrong on their end.

We have had thousands of players in and out, 99% of which don't have problems with this as their game automatically downloads the content needed from our webserver (sv_downloadurl, or FastDL as most refer to it).

The other problems you have are also something we don't usually experience.

Quote:Do you have the recommended launch options to prevent crashing and lag: YES

What launch options are these specifically? Do you have problems on other servers with mounting custom content?

Most servers don't need a custom content workshop file/pack. It's basically a waste of time because the VAST MAJORITY can download it through the game as needed.

I've never had problems with this sort of thing before, I never have any problems with other servers, it seems to be just this one. I'm sorry for comming off as a dick, I've been really on edge recently, on top of all of the crashes, missing textures, and lag I've been having other problems too. People have been calling other people autists, making fun of my speech impediment (which happens when I'm frustrated), and my anxiety and autistic self in general is just fed up with most of this. I appreciate that you the owner responded, that shows you care. I appreciate that.
Find

i also had the issue of shotguns being purple, but shotguns are dumb so i never used them and that solved the problem for me
Find

Are you talking about weapons on the ground or map textrues? I know that when you left we were playing mcdonalds and before I downloaded the map I had missing textures on the Ronald McDonald sign and the posters on the wall. I had to download that map seperately to remove those missing textures. If its weapons that are errors for you we do have a workshop thing that should automatically download when you join the server for the first time.
Bouncy Rounds
Find