Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Daybreak Modifications?

i feel like the daybreak should circulate more around the suffix of it (aka the sun thing)
i think it could use a pretty simple change of either making the proc happen more often, considering its a long-term thing OR just make it shoot a little faster so it has more chance to get the proc/can spray down from short range

also deploy speed is kinda annoying but thats just me

edit:
making it 1 in 5 sun w/ long range capability would also be pretty neat

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Personally I find like I kill people way too fast for the sun to ever take effect and I've got a 1 in 11 to sun

I feel like that's the not so well thought out part of the daybreak, two headshots sort of ruin it's effect
Find

The sun doesnt activate half the time, you will kill people first.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

give this more attention

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Although I haven't used the gun since it came out I do remember the orbs taking like 15-30 seconds to explode which is pointless when most gun fights end in half a second. And shooting the relatively small floating orb to prematurely detonate it does less damage most of the time than shooting the person.

The current suffix feels like it should have been a long range sniping weapon where you ping someone twice get an orb and run away. But it in practice it's a super short range smg type thing.

The sun needs to apply a status effect like a weak version of phoenix until it's destroyed forcing people to actually take notice of the orb and get rid of it. And you could possibly decrease the damage from it exploding directly to balance this.
Find

When I had the daybreak I didnt even want to use it 1) because it barely procs and 2) you have to get headshots for it to kill which really bugged me( not always but usually). I think a good rework of it would suffice.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(10-16-2017, 01:06 AM)Tarrasque Wrote:  Although I haven't used the gun since it came out I do remember the orbs taking like 15-30 seconds to explode which is pointless when most gun fights end in half a second. And shooting the relatively small floating orb to prematurely detonate it does less damage most of the time than shooting the person.

The current suffix feels like it should have been a long range sniping weapon where you ping someone twice get an orb and run away. But it in practice it's a super short range smg type thing.

The sun needs to apply a status effect like a weak version of phoenix until it's destroyed forcing people to actually take notice of the orb and get rid of it. And you could possibly decrease the damage from it exploding directly to balance this.

i think the suffix is fine but yeah, i definitely think long-range capability and/or faster firerate is the way to go

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

To be honest, the only way to make the Daybreak viable with other guns is to up the firerate or a boost to proc chances. The proc is pretty useless and whenever I use the Daybreak, I always end up killing people with the gun and not the proc. As a gun, the Daybreak is not very good and needs a buff to get into the meta again. pls fix dade
Find

How about rather than a chance to sun, you "charge" up the gun and then it lets loose something similar to a deathbringer ball but more yellow-like

You have you hit a person with the charged shot for the ball to travel at them, if they break the sun it will do the daybreak sun effect where it burns them for the amount of time it was in the air. If the ball contacts them it has the full ignite duration.

Or how about the first shot of every fresh magazine is a rapidly moving small sun that is non-tracking but if it touches somebody the sun sticks above their head and the suffix works as normal

I think this problem has less to do with the daybreak's stats, it's the fact that you can shoot the entire magazine at somebody and if it procs but doesn't kill them you are able to fully reload and spray another magazine the suffix can ever takes effect.

The only time you'll effectively see the proc work is when a traitor engages a gun fight with you that you lose but you got lucky enough to proc a shot and laugh as they burn while in spectator mode, in which case it's probably the best revenge kill suffix.
Find

I think the daybreak is perfectly fine the way it is.

It does 65 headshot damage, and has a decent amount of firerate.

The trait is just an extra to add on to the already good gun.