Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2koreds - Unban Request

(10-13-2017, 03:49 PM)Steel Memes Wrote:  Lets all just give him a temporary ban... it took me a week on a shitty minecraft TTT server to appreciate what this server had to offer...even if you think he deserves this, who are you to make judgement?

The staff are here to make the judgement as they see fit. As for the ban on 2koreds, He does argue alot with others, even when staff are on. I don't think I can support an unban -1
Find

(10-13-2017, 04:21 PM)Kcat Wrote:  
(10-13-2017, 03:49 PM)Steel Memes Wrote:  Lets all just give him a temporary ban... it took me a week on a shitty minecraft TTT server to appreciate what this server had to offer...even if you think he deserves this, who are you to make judgement?
I don't think you understand what staff is here for...

i do, i just think that the ban was made from haste and not from a clear mind
Find

(10-13-2017, 04:41 PM)Steel Memes Wrote:  

Im almost positive unpoke thought it over for quite a while, and asked other staff members for their opinion on it.

The entire point of staff is to be an arbiter for situations. If they didnt get to choose whether someone gets banned or not then whats the point of them.

(10-13-2017, 04:56 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(10-13-2017, 04:41 PM)Steel Memes Wrote:  

Im almost positive unpoke thought it over for quite a while, and asked other staff members for their opinion on it.

The entire point of staff is to be an arbiter for situations. If they didnt get to choose whether someone gets banned or not then whats the point of them.
I didn't know this information, in the request that 2koreds put out seemed that it was pure bias or done in haste. I see now that he probably needs to be banned -1
Find

I agree with the ban, and we will be posting new rules on toxicity here soon.

That said, while I agree with the ban, and after thinking it through more last night, I don't entirely agree with the ban being permanent. He has not been banned previously for it, and a perma-ban as the 'first punishment' for this seems a bit much. I believe he should get one more OFFICIAL chance to straighten his act out.

So for things like this, the first ban should NOT usually be permanent. A lengthy first ban to show that we're serious about previous warnings, and about not tolerating toxic behavior should suffice. If they return and remain the same, a perma-ban is perfectly fine.

I've dealt with people like this in the past, and believe it or not some of them definitely can change their behavior for the better.

So with that in mind, I'm going to change this ban to a temporary one.

Here's exactly what kind of behavior we do NOT want on FRG:
  • Aggressive arguing non-stop with other players. It's fine to have an 'argument' or 'disagreement' but taking it too far to the point of insulting them causes more drama than anything.
  • Arguing non-stop with staffmembers. If you have an issue with their decision, ask someone higher than them if they feel they made the right choice. They have the discretion to make certain choices, so you're not one to 'decide' if that choice is right or wrong. You can have an opinion on it, but that doesn't mean you need to express it in a disrespectful way, or even at all.
  • Disrespecting Staff/Other players(This includes condescending behavior). Staffmembers dedicate time out of their lives/playtime to help moderate the server and make it a more enjoyable place. You should respect that. If you don't respect them, why should they respect you?
  • Insulting people on RDM reports. This is something I posted about previously, and it should absolutely not be tolerated, and stopping this is a good step in the direction of a less toxic server.
    If you get that mad over mistakes someone might make, TTT may not be the gamemode for you.
  • Breaking rules consistently. Just because staff isn't on doesn't mean it's okay to break the rules. Almost EVERYTHING is logged so it would not be too hard for me to go and check for a specific steamid and all instances of them RDMing.

I advise that you look at methods to control your temper, or if you get that mad over something, simply walk away from your keyboard and cooloff. We're not asking you to change though, just change your behavior while on FRG.

Banned until December 13th, 2017.

Any and all of the above offenses within the first few months of your return will result in a perma-ban.