Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FrostBurn Brightness

pls no mean
just my personal option
Find

why don't we just make the dueling pistols a primary... therefore it has a reason to do lots of damage...

Can we get back to topic and discuss about the visual of the frostburns? i would really like to someway of deactivating the brightness of it.
Find

(10-13-2017, 02:17 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  Can we get back to topic and discuss about the visual of the frostburns? i would really like to someway of deactivating the brightness of it.

There's no real way to do it as far as I know without completely remaking the model.

I haven't looked too closely at the actual models of the frostburn, but im pretty sure you cant really get rid of the effect.
Find

(10-13-2017, 12:35 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  Their firerate is still insanely fast, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

A two hit headshot for an insanely accurate spammable pistol is not ok in the slightest.

You're better off using them compared to a deadly m1911 because they have >>40<< bullets, not 7. The m1911 is balanced because you can only get 7~ shots out before you have to reload, and even then they have far less firerate and far less damage. The frostburns are just a spam machine. You can kill 3+ people with them before having to even think about reloading.

They are not balanced at all, and are not fun in the slightest to play against.

The question is where you want them to be, I think as the single highest tier secondary they should be the best secondary.

Post nerf they have around the same firerate as a 25% m1911, it takes a lot of effort to constantly "spam" them cause of semi auto, half of your shots wont register because you're pressing too fast

The damage brings it on par with the upper tier of m1911s, if it is lower than something like a swift pistol would outclass the frostburns.
When nerfed to 46 damage they were as good as a default aug, but worse because of the semi-auto.

The whole 40 clip only makes a difference past the 20+ odd shots you won't be firing because you are almost never in a situation that requires more. It being 40 only adds to their versatility but it's also hit with a really long reload to make up for that.

The only thing I'd really consider reasonsable is changing their accuracy as they really should not be that good at long ranges
Find

Can you somehow make it darker? the frost is kinda fine but the ferno brightness is abit to much.

(10-13-2017, 02:41 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  Can you somehow make it darker? the frost is kinda fine but the ferno brightness is abit to much.

As you can tell i never saw a model at work so i won't know what im talking about just throwing ideas
Find

Have you tried lowering your brightness settings in gmod's options?
Find

Have you tried turning the Frostburn off and on again?
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

(10-13-2017, 02:59 AM)Bathory Wrote:  Have you tried turning the Frostburn off and on again?

How do i "turn off frostburns"?
i did turn down my brightness but it wont help for dark maps. you just cant see anything, you just shooting in the dark.

(10-13-2017, 02:59 AM)Bathory Wrote:  Have you tried turning the Frostburn off and on again?

Bathy is cyber bullying me

Next iteration:
  • Flames are less intense. 30% as intense as the original(currently at 50%)
  • Frostburns will have more recoil.
  • Frostburns will have a headshot damage falloff past a certain range.

If that doesn't 'work for them' a different balancing aspect would be less accuracy. But with the above changes they would still be ok at range, just no 2 tap headshots. With accuracy nerf, they will be completely useless at range.