Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remove One Clip Chaos

I haven't hear anyone say that they dislike/hate gun game. Gun game is really fun and enjoyable.
Find

(10-03-2017, 12:02 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  People that tend to like minigames don't scream out "OMG I LOVE THIS MINIGAME SO MUCH" everytime one starts. Its only a select few of the people that dislike them that ever really say their opinions vocally, which makes people believe that everyone hates them, when in reality it is only a select few that vocally scream it out everytime one starts.

There have been a few threads attempting to get bouncing mayhems removed, yet they haven't. Why? Because a silent majority of the server enjoys them and wants them to stay around. Same with OCC and Gun Game. As I said, the only time people that like said minigame speak out that they like it, are when the select few that dislike it, are attempting to get it removed from the server.

Of course they don't, people liking stuff equates into silence for the most part so that's why as a developer you should pay more attention to the negative stuff that can be improved.

I don't believe that everyone hates OCC, but you seem to believe that a majority of people absolutely love OCC so much so that you'd disregard people who dislike it and tell them they "suck at minigames".

As for bouncy mayhems I don't recall seeing a thread asking for it to be removed since the last update to them. So perhaps a silent majority did form that don't hate it enough to ask for it to be removed anymore. I personally started liking bouncy mayhems since the last update and find it a less annoying minigame than OCC. Probably because once you die it's over; in OCC it continues until somebody wins.

(10-03-2017, 12:22 AM)Kuro Wrote:  
(10-03-2017, 12:02 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  People that tend to like minigames don't scream out "OMG I LOVE THIS MINIGAME SO MUCH" everytime one starts. Its only a select few of the people that dislike them that ever really say their opinions vocally, which makes people believe that everyone hates them, when in reality it is only a select few that vocally scream it out everytime one starts.

There have been a few threads attempting to get bouncing mayhems removed, yet they haven't. Why? Because a silent majority of the server enjoys them and wants them to stay around. Same with OCC and Gun Game. As I said, the only time people that like said minigame speak out that they like it, are when the select few that dislike it, are attempting to get it removed from the server.

Of course they don't, people liking stuff equates into silence for the most part so that's why as a developer you should pay more attention to the negative stuff that can be improved.

I don't believe that everyone hates OCC, but you seem to believe that a majority of people absolutely love OCC so much so that you'd disregard people who dislike it and tell them they "suck at minigames".

As for bouncy mayhems I don't recall seeing a thread asking for it to be removed since the last update to them. So perhaps a silent majority did form that don't hate it enough to ask for it to be removed anymore. I personally started liking bouncy mayhems since the last update and find it a less annoying minigame than OCC. Probably because once you die it's over; in OCC it continues until somebody wins.

Negative stuff to be improved? So you mean change the single core feature of the gamemode that makes it different from gun game, because that was your first suggestion to "improving" it a while back.

"Lets add clips to one clip chaos!!!!!"

Maybe if it received legitimate feedback instead of "OMG THIS MINIGAME IS CANCER KYS CUNT" and "all it does is cause rage and frustration", the "negative stuff" would be improved or changed. Obviously I don't want to change the core mechanic that differentiates it from gun game and makes it unique from other gun game like gamemodes.
Find

Could we combine them both? So we would have unlimited ammo but have a crowbar to downgrade people. i know i'm asking a lot since i know nothing about programming but i think that would be a good game, for those who like to troll and downgrade and those who wish to win the game
Find

Part of why it is no good IMO is the spawning cluster fucks on certain maps. It feels like half the win is down to the luck of where someone might spawn. Someone can spawn right behind you and if they get the jump on you, you're fucked. It can happen a lot and THAT is what causes the frustration and rage I think. It's easy to say it doesn't suck when you get a decent run of spawns and nobody spawns behind you ready to kill you while you're busy dealing with someone else but other than the occasional luck you might get I really don't find it enjoyable at all. Also there's too many mini-games as it is IMO and this is my least favorite. People can simply not like it and want it to be removed, they don't need to have a pin-pointed reason as to why it isn't fun to them. Also saying that wanting to remove a mini-game is disrespectful in a community where a lot of decisions are made by the people of the server is pretty dumb.
Find

(10-03-2017, 12:58 AM)EmperorWhale Wrote:  Part of why it is no good IMO is the spawning cluster fucks on certain maps. It feels like half the win is down to the luck of where someone might spawn. Someone can spawn right behind you and if they get the jump on you, you're fucked. It can happen a lot and THAT is what causes the frustration and rage I think. It's easy to say it doesn't suck when you get a decent run of spawns and nobody spawns behind you ready to kill you while you're busy dealing with someone else but other than the occasional luck you might get I really don't find it enjoyable at all. Also there's too many mini-games as it is IMO and this is my least favorite. People can simply not like it and want it to be removed, they don't need to have a pin-pointed reason as to why it isn't fun to them. Also saying that wanting to remove a mini-game is disrespectful in a community where a lot of decisions are made by the people of the server is pretty dumb.

There, thank you for some legitimate feedback.

People don't realize that you do start with spawn protection, so long as you don't move or shoot when you spawn, and the spawn system has had a few updates to attempt to fix the issue of people spawning on top of each other/near each other, but with some maps its unavoidable due to their size(Like Nuclear Bunker or Traitor Motel)

As for the final part of your statement, I never claimed it was disrespectful, I just said people should take into consideration that Brassx and I take time out of our days to create minigames for the server, only to be bombarded by a shit storm of complaining. You guys don't really think about how long it takes to make a minigame, and once its complete and added to the server we just get spit in the face for it.

When OCC was first added and was in its testing phase with no drops, I had to start a few of them so I could test out new updates/bug fixes, and during that time I can't describe how unwanted and disrespected I felt during it. It got to a point where it was so bad that I was contemplating stopping my development for FRG permanently. Constantly getting harassed, bullied, and a few people even claimed to have -1'd my mod app due to me starting a them to test bugs, and frankly it did get to me a bit.

(10-03-2017, 12:37 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  Negative stuff to be improved? So you mean change the single core feature of the gamemode that makes it different from gun game, because that was your first suggestion to "improving" it a while back.

"Lets add clips to one clip chaos!!!!!"

Maybe if it received legitimate feedback instead of "OMG THIS MINIGAME IS CANCER KYS CUNT" and "all it does is cause rage and frustration", the "negative stuff" would be improved or changed. Obviously I don't want to change the core mechanic that differentiates it from gun game and makes it unique from other gun game like gamemodes.

Actually yes, change/adjust/remove the feature that most people complaint about because it's why people dislike it. Listen to feedback instead of belittling everyone who doesn't like something.

If the point of the minigame is meant to frustrate people then it does quite a nice job; I'd personally not want to play it anymore and I don't think that the point of mini games is meant to be frustrating

IIRC Bouncy Mayhems had multiple core changes until people stopped hating them. Of course removing it entirely is a solution and it's fine if you don't want to do that but it's not addressing any problems people are having with it.

Again I suggested an option to vote which one the server would like to play on which would help with the problem but that flew over your head. If people have the option then that's fine in my opinion.

I've personally got a few gripes with the whole downgrading mechanic especially when it comes to kill stealing where you're basically forced to downgrade or give someone a free kill. To help solve that you could make it so if someone you damage dies it refills your magazine too so you don't get caught with your pants down.
Find

Spawn protection doesn't really matter if you're on the other side of it. I mean more like when I'm running down a hallway and some chump spawns in the corner behind me and shoots me down. Can't really do much about that unless you're CONSTANTLY doing a 180 to check. I get it though, it's just part of it but it's why I don't like it.
Find

If it is all possible can you add a assist system? like if you get 3 assist then you upgrade?
But i do like the voting, in which players can choose which game mode they prefer.
Find

There's nothing wrong with saying you want something changed/removed on the server. But you should try to at least list the reason(s) why, as a reason as vague as - "I don't like it" does very little to help us to understand why, and how to better things in the future(or currently). Just like we developers should be obligated to listen to feedback, if you want something changed, post constructive feedback as to why. That's the better way to do it.

Quote:People can simply not like it and want it to be removed, they don't need to have a pin-pointed reason as to why it isn't fun to them

That's not a good way of viewing it. Why should we spend the time listening to "rage" complaints about something we spent a lot of time and effort on, if they can't spend the short amount of time to figure out why they don't like it and give better feedback? It's not hard to list off why you generally don't like it. Just saying "I don't like it" as a whole doesn't tell developers WHY, nor does it help the developers very much to better themselves, or their work.

That's not to say a mass amount of 'I hate this' can't be used to try and deduce the reasons why yourself, but my point is, if you're going to take the time to post and want your opinion truly heard, then try to take the time to outline issues you see with it.

It never feels good when people dislike your creation, but it happens. The best you can do is try to understand why and use the feedback to improve.