Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Patchnotes 09/24/2017

Additions
  • You can now lock Inventory weapons. Locked items are unable to be deleted, used in crystals, or used in keys.
    To lock an item just right click it and click >lock. To unlock to the same thing but select "Unlock".
  • Added a failsafe to the mapvote for error logging. This should help me get to the bottom of map stalls.

Changes
  • Temporarily disabled the new title rendering system to fix it up.

Upcoming hunter round changes; I have most of these finished, but I'd like the communities input on these before pushing them live:
  • The hunter is required to draw blood from someone with the knife, or they will start to drain HP after ~60 seconds.
  • The lower HP the hunter is, the more visible. (It was like this before, but the changes in visibility were too small to notice)
  • (not yet decided)Players must reach certain care packages on the map (different per person, and random locations), or they will drain HP due to the 'toxic fog' (to prevent camping, and speed up the rounds). They also get more loot regardless of winning or losing depending on the amount of care packages 'reached'.
  • Loot for winning has been buffed.
  • The hunter is more visible now all around, due to the above changes.
  • Possibly add an 'enraged' mode. Making the hunter much more visible, but has much faster movement speed. Or possibly give the knife the ability to destroy doors.

Good Guy Brass
Find

All the hunter round changes seem good to me.
Find

Maybe make the enraged happen at low hp for hunter, and give him a bit faster attack speed or dmg too. More visibility idk how i feel about. I kinda liked not knowing where he is all the time and having to spray everywhere. I like the anti josh changes too.
Find

(09-25-2017, 01:28 AM)Angry_Reaper Wrote:  Maybe make the enraged happen at low hp for hunter, and give him a bit faster attack speed or dmg too. More visibility idk how i feel about. I kinda liked not knowing where he is all the time and having to spray everywhere. I like the anti josh changes too.

There obviously has to be some downside to using it, and being more visible seems like a good compromise for more speed. If it just becomes sonic with no downsides that's unfair.
Find

HALLOWEEN BADGE!?
Find

(09-25-2017, 01:56 AM)SP1D3RP1G Wrote:  HALLOWEEN BADGE!?

yes, you got one if you got to wave 30 on survive.
Find

I really like the possible changes on Hunter rounds. Just make sure there's enough care packages for everyone (I'm sure they'd be cog-like and player-based anyway) and spawn a few of them. They might be difficult to find on large maps.
Find

Awesome, lock system added Smile I dropped another Glock a doodle Doo of the Phoenix today too so that's good lol. And all the hunter changes seem pretty good to me

I just have this vision of old community pool where the multiple players are in the tester room and the hunter is on the other side. Hunter can't do much other than spam beams. This is the current mentality that people have. If you can stop that, you can make this more enjoyable.

The simplest way to fix this is:
  • Loot for winning has been buffed.
  • The hunter is more visible now all around.

I don't like the idea of the hunter gaining visibility. Having any visibility makes this a cake walk for the many people that are going to shoot the hunter.

Actually, there's a way to make this work interesting though. If you give them the ability to blink (from dishonored) a small distance for every few kills they get to make people confused on why the slightly visible thing disappeared, I think it would be fun. This actually speeds up the round because the hunter has the option of using them right away to make sure he can be safe so no one can shoot him to make him more revealing after he kills someone or saving them till the end to make it easier.

If you combine the hunter and players losing health, it won't work well. Players: what if the players can't find them, they're dead because the box wasn't visible on their journey around the map. Hunter: What stops the hunter from killing someone every 60 seconds and waiting for people to be out in the open looking for their packages. Too much benefit to the hunter.

Maybe the players can have a damage reduction and need to pick up grim orb like collectibles to boost their damage that fades away over time and the only way to keep it going is to keep looking for these collectibles. Damage can also return to normal after a certain amount of people are left.

Just some ideas I had. It could work with all of these things combined. But since the game mode already favors hunters most of the time, it's putting it more towards hunters camping to not lose health to become visible. I mean the loots buffed so a win is a win, no matter how long, right?
Find