Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FortNite (New Game)

Recently a new "zombie" survival game similar to 7 days to die has come out called FortNite; As a person who enjoys survival based games I figured I'd make a forum post on it asking for people to play with!

So for those of you who have or are interested in FortNite, feel free to add me or ask questions on it. Recently got it and looking for more people to play it with. Username through epic games is "2koreds". Smile
Find

I wouldn't buy it. Its going to be free and you're just paying for the alpha. Looks like a cash grab, you've been warned
Find

While I too air on the side of caution, I bought FortNite five days ago, and I'm sunk about 6-7 hours a day into it. I bought it on the Humble Store, where I got the Deluxe Founder's pack for $53 because of my Humble Monthly subscription. It's a superb game, a tad grind heavy, but the gameplay doesn't make the grind feel abrasive at all. I really enjoy it so far, and hope to see some of you guys in there. Name's 'Sentilthris' for those wondering.
Find

(08-18-2017, 02:42 AM)Aresuft Wrote:  I wouldn't buy it. Its going to be free and you're just paying for the alpha. Looks like a cash grab, you've been warned

This doesn't look like a cash grab with the sheer amount of effort put into the graphics alone. Also it's epic games which has a very good track record. I mean after all they made unreal tournament.

But I'm never again gonna put money into a zombie survival game after Dayz. The fucking Arma 3 mod versions of Dayz are better than the dedicated game somehow. And there are a few other horror stories like h1z1 I haven't even seen or heard of an update in that in like a year.
Find

(08-19-2017, 08:24 AM)Tarrasque Wrote:  
(08-18-2017, 02:42 AM)Aresuft Wrote:  I wouldn't buy it. Its going to be free and you're just paying for the alpha. Looks like a cash grab, you've been warned

This doesn't look like a cash grab with the sheer amount of effort put into the graphics alone. Also it's epic games which has a very good track record. I mean after all they made unreal tournament.

But I'm never again gonna put money into a zombie survival game after Dayz. The fucking Arma 3 mod versions of Dayz are better than the dedicated game somehow. And there are a few other horror stories like h1z1 I haven't even seen or heard of an update in that in like a year.

The only reason why you'd make a person pay full price for a alpha/beta that will be free in the end is to prey on people for their money. Even if you pay full price now you're going to have to spend money on micro transactions in the future. Its a win win win for them. You shouldn't care about the reputation of the company itself, someone at its head decided to make you pay for beta access for the purpose of loads of monnies
Find

I agree with Aresuft the game definitely looks like a cash grab, charging money for the beta of a game as micro-transaction heavy as fortnite is a red flag. The business model they're using is one akin to a mobile game, which isn't a compliment. From the looks of it the model is grind your life away to progress or just buy their crates.
Find

(08-19-2017, 08:24 AM)Tarrasque Wrote:  

I feel you with the whole Dayz side of things; however even though this game is advertised as zombie survival its really not even a survival game. It's more so a tower defense with quests for gathering resources etc.
Find

Someone bought the edition with 2 extra copies and sauced one to me. It does seem like paying will get you a lot of weapons but its not necessary to progress in the game. I didn't pay any money so far and i already have 3 legendary weapons and a legendary hero.
Find

Sunset overdrive version 2.0
Minehuis: Pancakes
Rangerdanger0: Waffles
Rangerdanger0: lol rekt
Find

(08-21-2017, 03:01 AM)Minehuis Wrote:  Sunset overdrive version 2.0

Sunset Overdrive aka: Jet set radio (just look it up, saves me a bunch of time)
Find