Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Randomized Enchanceables w/Crate IDea

So, I kind of enjoyed the concepts of having roll-able crates drop from other crates, forcing people to roll different crates if they want to get the interesting loot. Building upon that idea, I was thinking that we could do with a new crate, like a Tinker's Crate or something, that only drops from something like Bone Crates or the Leviathan/Seraph duo. Something to make them a little more desirable for people to purchase. This new crate would be of Primordial tier, so they're going to be pretty rare. This new crate would pull only of the Primordial rarities, excluding the Demonic and Angelic tiers. However, with this new crate, it would have a new tier that could roll: something to the line of either Tinker's (Weapon Type) or Jury-Rigged (Weapon Type) or something to that effect. These would be Enhanceable items, but they have something unique about them: their stats aren't concrete stats like the other weapon tiers. They would spawn similarly to how the Garbage Tier spawns, where they don't all have the same stats available to them. They can have at minimum 4 stats, pulled randomly, with one of the stats having to be negative. They would have a max Enhance level of 15, but in order to gain weapon experience, you have to sacrifice Raw Energy to the weapon. Personally, I like the concept of just sacrificing Raw Energy into the gun and having it give experience using the sum of the Raw Energy's percentages (used as straight numeric values, e.x. 9.8%=9.8 in the equation) and dividing it by the function (weapon-level)+1. This means that a base gun would divide the experience by 1, a +1 weapon would divide it by 2, and so on and so forth. This not only gives a further use for Raw Energies, but would be a fun system to overall implement. I'm not sure as far as stat ranges what should go there, and whether or no the base percentage would be the same every time.
Find

The only way the Raw energy function would work is if it went into a global table. This would be a pretty big pain otherwise, to the point of not even worth it if you were competing against other people leveling theirs through buying Raw energy on the market.

I like this idea, but why does it specifically have to be from a crate from a crate?
Find