Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Community Crate Feedback.

(09-02-2017, 01:08 PM)joshua.soto6 Wrote:  This looks great!

Here is one thing that would be changed a bit in my opinion.

"Only people who have played in the last week are allowed to like suggestions." I was thinking bumping down a notch like, players who played in the last 3 - 2 weeks because, if a player hasn't play last week before the CC2 suggesting comes out, what if they come back and find out they can't like suggestions, I feel like that's not fair for them not being able to give their opinion on other people's suggestions, and I want them to have a second chance.

It's like that to stop people from messaging their inactive friends to upvote their suggestions.
Find

(09-02-2017, 01:12 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(09-02-2017, 01:08 PM)joshua.soto6 Wrote:  This looks great!

Here is one thing that would be changed a bit in my opinion.

"Only people who have played in the last week are allowed to like suggestions." I was thinking bumping down a notch like, players who played in the last 3 - 2 weeks because, if a player hasn't play last week before the CC2 suggesting comes out, what if they come back and find out they can't like suggestions, I feel like that's not fair for them not being able to give their opinion on other people's suggestions, and I want them to have a second chance.

It's like that to stop people from messaging their inactive friends to upvote their suggestions.

Oh.
Gotcha.
I retract my statement.
Find

pretty sure misc./crystal wasn't available as an option previously

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Could you possible change the process up entirely? I think it would be better if you made creating suggestions/upvoting suggestions two different processes.

What I had in mind was something like this:

There would be a grace period for a week or two, where people could only suggest items and not view other suggestions/upvote them.

After the grace period is over, people would no longer be able to suggest new items and the voting process would begin.

I just feel like something like this would flow better. With the last crate, one major issue was the first few suggested items got upvoted instantly, leaving the rest in the dust(Yes I'm well aware I made the first few suggestions). I know you're trying to fix this by having all of them display randomly, but I still think that suggestions made first will get an unfair start. This would also allow people to take their time in creating suggestions instead of just rushing out any dumb idea that comes to their head.
Find

(09-02-2017, 04:48 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  Could you possible change the process up entirely? I think it would be better if you made creating suggestions/upvoting suggestions two different processes.

What I had in mind was something like this:

There would be a grace period for a week or two, where people could only suggest items and not view other suggestions/upvote them.

After the grace period is over, people would no longer be able to suggest new items and the voting process would begin.

I just feel like something like this would flow better. With the last crate, one major issue was the first few suggested items got upvoted instantly, leaving the rest in the dust(Yes I'm well aware I made the first few suggestions). I know you're trying to fix this by having all of them display randomly, but I still think that suggestions made first will get an unfair start. This would also allow people to take their time in creating suggestions instead of just rushing out any dumb idea that comes to their head.

I'd prolly just disable the like button on them, but allow people to read them still. Just to help make sure there aren't too many similar suggestions.
Find

Okay, so I've finished some more changes. It's almost ready to start up.

Here's the newest changes:
  • All current suggestions will be moved to an 'old' suggestions table. Players can still browse these via a link at the bottom of the search window.
    These will be READ ONLY and the newest changes wont be visible there (so you can see likes, and all that). You will also be-able to see who posted what suggestion.
  • The like button will be disabled until suggestions for that rarity class are closed, and a new duration for 'liking' suggestions will commence. Once the duration ends, the highest rated ones (if I agree), will be added.
  • A limited number of likes per rarity class. This means you can go through and upvote every single suggestion. You need to use your likes wisely. The number is currently set to 3.
  • Enhancable items display like this so you know before clicking 'view' if an item is enhancable.

So to outline the new process:
  • I announce what rarity classes the series is currently on, and the suggestion form is set to only accept suggestions from that rarity class. Liking suggestions is disabled during this time period.
  • I set a duration to get your suggestion in for said rarity class.
  • Once the duration ends, I close off suggestions and set a new duration for liking suggestions.
  • Once that duration ends, the highest rated ones get accepted and we move on to the next rarity class repeating the process.
  • Anyone caught doing 'like4like' or broadcasting their suggestion around will either have their suggestion removed, receive a warning, or be banned from submitting/liking suggestions.