Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New players (rules and instructoins)

Heart 
So today i was playing TTT on server #1 and new players were joining and higher levels were going off doing their own thing. While i was playing, the new people didn't understand what to do or what they couldn't do... leading to RDM and RDM due to turning off lights after numeroulsy pasting rule #19 in the chat. I think that new players should have a popup of rules and instructions. Yeah we have F1 and !rules, but that doesn't include any other things like pressing i to open inventory and pressing F3 to access the coinshop... ect. A lot of the people who have been playing for a long time don't under stand some of the rules either... For example(captain stag had RDMed repeatedly for turning off lights due to it be annoying to him) We can't really blame them for not knowing the rules unless we accually force them to read over them all and let them know how to veiw them.

Just take it into consideration for now... Much Love, Steel Beams
Find

This is why we have people with member+ or higher. They have the power to slay for people not knowing the rules.

It's within their interest to look for the rules to stay on. Them ignoring a rule is their fault and has the result of slaying and eventually banning if they refuse to follow them.
Find

New players already do get popups containing a lot of the info about the Inventory system, and a notice to type !rules.

OK, but for some reason there is a lot of RDM still and RDM that the person feels is Justifyable... It's been a while since I first spawned into the server, so I may have been mistaken for ther accually being a popup of rules and instructions.
Find

People don't know how to read stuff.
SG Fucking Overlord
Find

(06-10-2017, 11:38 PM)Steel Beams Wrote:  OK, but for some reason there is a lot of RDM still and RDM that the person feels is Justifyable... It's been a while since I first spawned into the server, so I may have been mistaken for ther accually being a popup of rules and instructions.

People will justify anything they do whether or not it's in alignment to the rules.

Yesterday a guy justified his revenge RDM because he felt a staff member didn't handle his report correctly and he wanted justice.
He's justified in his own mind but to everyone else he's just a huge moron for being so unhinged over one rdm that hurt his feelings so badly that he can't go another round without making it right.

Most people will never read the rules even if it they're the first thing they see.
Find