Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Community Crate Suggestion Beta test!

Do you think after 2 days, if an item doesn't get any upvotes it can be removed from the page, or at least hidden? I feel like new suggestions are gonna be drowned out by the garbage ones, and they already kind of are.

Also, will there be punishments for submitting troll weapons?

Would it be a good idea to just have the suggestions randomized when you click the link to go browse? The ones that started out with +1s early on are probably gonna stay up there cause they're the first thing people will see. Not everyone is gonna go through every suggestion unfortunately.
Find

Troll submissions will be removed, and if one person submits too many 'troll' submissions I will ban them from submitting.
Find

My biggest problem with this sort of format is that it eventually becomes an echo chamber anything that's on top will be seen first and is basically a giant "IM POPULAR, +1 THIS" message to anyone.

I think everything should have a fair chance and it's only going to get more and more crowded, anything submitted later will pretty much sit below everything else unless someone brings attention to them which probably means having their friends go boost it for them.

It would be better if people had a limited amount of +1's they can give and a limited amount of suggestions they can submit. It'll make people think more about the stuff they submit and things they support.
I was also able to vote for my own submission and I'm not even able to remove it so I feel like I've cheated a bit so that would be nice too.

It's a really cool concept though and I want to see what comes from it
Find

Can we have one bump we can use per day? So that everyone can only bump one of their 36 ideas per day and maybe we can have more variety in people up there.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Well I've already been asked specifically by someone to vote for their idea. I kinda feel like this goes against the spirit of this if you can get your post to the top by spamming it to all your friends. While that's kinda hard to control I feel like some kind of honor rule needs to be placed to at least reduce this kind of thing.
Find

Yea don't do like for likes guys, that doesn't really help anything. Feel free to share your ideas, but don't ask someone to like yours. It goes against what this is. This is about what YOU guys want, so just vote for what you like, not for what people ask you to Smile.

I will be monitoring the suggestions and who likes what.

Anyways some changes:
  • Suggestions are now sorted by newest first, by default.
  • Added a remove button to suggestions you made, if you'd like to remove 'em or re-do them completely.

Good job so far though guys, I'm very pleased with the submissions thus far. I'd prefer if people submit more lower class tiers though, we need those too Smile.

Also already banned one person from submitting ideas, keep the troll submissions at a minimum please.

At least I wasn't the 1st to get banned Big Grin
SG Fucking Overlord
Find

So I've noticed around 80% of the suggestions are legendary or higher.(and even then 70% are primordials/godlikes) This is fine and all, but... We need more lower classes items too.

I'm thinking we can have around 20 unique items added total to this series, here's my 'rough draft' of how many of each rarity I'd like to add (and the top rated of each one will likely be added).
  • 1 Godlike (possibly 2)
  • 3 Primordial
  • 5 Legendary
  • 5 Rare
  • 6 Unlikely (or lower)

With this in mind, I'm thinking of trying something with the suggestion system. That is, I will work on the crate live, and start at Unlikely, at this time only Unlikely will be shown for the time period until the quota for unlikely is reached, then I'll move on to rare and so on. (or I could work the opposite, start with godlike and work my way down. Eliminating the need for higher tier suggestions for this series.)

During this time, you can suggest other rarities, but only the class I am currently working on will be displayed. Thoughts on this idea?

I'll also disclose roughly the odds I had in mind for each rarity class for this crate series (and the rarities I pretty much use for each new crate since last October):
  • Godlike 1 in 5k +
  • Primordial 1 in 1k+
  • Legendary 1 in 64 - 512 (depending on how good/cool the item is)
  • Rare 1 in 8 - 32 (depending on how good/cool the item is)
  • Unlikely - All on the common table. (Meaning if any items above this fail to roll, a random unlikely will be picked)
Find

(05-06-2017, 11:38 AM)Brassx Wrote:  So I've noticed around 80% of the suggestions are legendary or higher.(and even then 70% are primordials/godlikes) This is fine and all, but... We need more lower classes items too.

I'm thinking we can have around 20 unique items added total to this series, here's my 'rough draft' of how many of each rarity I'd like to add (and the top rated of each one will likely be added).

• 1 Godlike (possibly 2)
  • 3 Primordial
  • 5 Legendary
  • 5 Rare
  • 6 Unlikely (or lower)

With this in mind, I'm thinking of trying something with the suggestion system. That is, I will work on the crate live, and start at Unlikely, at this time only Unlikely will be shown for the time period until the quota for unlikely is reached, then I'll move on to rare and so on. (or I could work the opposite, start with godlike and work my way down. Eliminating the need for higher tier suggestions for this series.)

During this time, you can suggest other rarities, but only the class I am currently working on will be displayed. Thoughts on this idea?

I'll also disclose roughly the odds I had in mind for each rarity class for this crate series (and the rarities I pretty much use for each new crate since last October):

• Godlike 1 in 5k +
  • Primordial 1 in 1k+
  • Legendary 1 in 64 - 512 (depending on how good/cool the item is)
  • Rare 1 in 8 - 32 (depending on how good/cool the item is)
  • Unlikely - All on the common table. (Meaning if any items above this fail to roll, a random unlikely will be picked)

Sounds reasonable, I think we should have 2 Godlikes in it because the one godlike that I see with the most votes is the one that was like first made. (no its not mine) maybe 3 or 4 prims would be good and if there are enhancable prims that people suggested that would be pretty cool aswell.
Find