Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Major Bug With the ID Disguiser

How it was found: I found this bug one April 30, someone was called out and I marked them as kill. As I play through the game I see the "Kill" tag. I look at him and it's not the one called out. I press tab and checked then I killed him and sure enough it was him.

Explanation/Recreation: With the ID disguiser if you mark someone with a tag, generally kill. It will persist through the ID disguiser and seems to tag them even after being being disguised. As you can see in the image Amac has "Beebee1303" marked as kill, however it shows myself as "Fancy" with the kill tag on "Beebee1303". It is easy to be recreated.

Forgive me as I have finals and a lot of homework to deal with, this is why I was delayed on posting the bug.

Thank you to Amac and Fancy for helping me get this image.
Find

um what about me but yea I feel like this is pretty broken because then people who like to meme with id disguiser would be killed which makes me sad
Find

It really is not that big of a problem. Most of the time they die before they get to meme us and also most people are smart enough to figure out that "player" is dead.
SG Fucking Overlord

The disguiser only has two jobs and that's to hide your identity and act like them. I'm not debating whether it is a good T weapon or not, because it is irrelevant. This bug, that anyone can do, makes the disguiser beyond riskier then it was already before. Also is another way to die from just using a T weapon, like the energy blade glitch where it flips your gun up.
Find

whoa people use tags???

- That Thrakos Noob

Honestly you shouldnt really kill off a tag if the name is not matching as you really do not have proof on the person it is shown to be, I could mark anyone on tab screen to kill and then say I assumed it was someone that was a T I marked and thought they were disguised. You tagging someone and the name not matching is not a proof gathered in game but from your own doing on tab menu and imo is not proof enough to kill for. So in that light its not really a bug but gives you good reason to keep an eye on them until they switch to a weapon.

(05-03-2017, 09:51 PM)Awesome Wrote:  Honestly you shouldnt really kill off a tag if the name is not matching as you really do not have proof on the person it is shown to be, I could mark anyone on tab screen to kill and then say I assumed it was someone that was a T I marked and thought they were disguised. You tagging someone and the name not matching is not a proof gathered in game but from your own doing on tab menu and imo is not proof enough to kill for. So in that light its not really a bug but gives you good reason to keep an eye on them until they switch to a weapon.

I mean, I see it somewhat like having DNA on the disguised person in a sense??
If you have DNA on someone, but you know the person it's leading to was nowhere near the killplace (and lets say they were killed with a galil), you would still kill them because you have DNA on them. That's the game telling you they killed the person.
So, with the killtag, if you place a killtag on player Chosen, and player NotChosen shows up with the kill tag even though you know it should appear on Chosen, it's obvious that player Chosen disguised as player Notchosen. It's something that people use (including myself), and will be taken advantage of, as had happened on the map shown in the photo.
When a dragon round begins.

Dna is gathered from an in game item and in game actions not a physical assumption or call out you place yourself on the tab menu. I dont think this should be kosable. I have ran into this with the disguiser myself and honestly I just kept telling the person to switch to a weapon so the disguise dropped and I killed them. Ideally the tag should disguise as well to whatever was shown on the actual player that is being impostered.

(05-03-2017, 12:56 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  whoa people use tags???

I thought I was the only one using le leaderboard Sad Rip me)
Find

(05-02-2017, 05:24 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  Image

How it was found: I found this bug one April 30, someone was called out and I marked them as kill. As I play through the game I see the "Kill" tag. I look at him and it's not the one called out. I press tab and checked then I killed him and sure enough it was him.

Explanation/Recreation: With the ID disguiser if you mark someone with a tag, generally kill. It will persist through the ID disguiser and seems to tag them even after being being disguised. As you can see in the image Amac has "Beebee1303" marked as kill, however it shows myself as "Fancy" with the kill tag on "Beebee1303". It is easy to be recreated.

Forgive me as I have finals and a lot of homework to deal with, this is why I was delayed on posting the bug.

Thank you to Amac and Fancy for helping me get this image.

Beebee, I had also Expericence this problem as well. The person that was disguise as someone else was kosed, so I put a kill on them by using the leaderboard and found the Traitor that was disguise and kill him. Strangely I never got reported about it.
Find