Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

A "Flashback" Crate

Currently, there are 7+ godlikes that can no longer be dropped.

Here is a list of them:
  • Bloodweep
  • X-Cape
  • Snow Flakes
  • Rainbow Party Hat (This will not be included due to it being a fundraiser item)
  • Last Prayer
  • Bloodfury
  • Esoteric
  • Snow Globe
  • Solar System
  • Lava Cape
  • First Prayer
  • Cerberus[Can still technically be dropped from luck maps]
  • Daybreak[Can still technically be dropped from luck maps]
  • Nephthys[Can still technically be dropped from asylum]

Currently, for most of these items there exist less than 5 each(besides the first prayer). Now, out of those 5, usually only 1 of them is for sale, and it is for an extremely unreasonable price. The rest of them are usually owned by inactive players, or players that are just collecting godlikes for fun and never use them. Take the Last Prayer for example. There are around 5 or 6 of them, but I only ever see ONE being used, which doesn't seem right.

I don't think this is fair to newer players, or even older players that want to try to buy one. And I also don't believe that unique guns, like godlikes, should never be able to be dropped again.

So what I'm suggesting is a "Flashback" crate.

I have two three ideas for it:
Idea 1: Each month, the godlike in this crate would change randomly to one of the ones listed above(Possibly leave the snowflakes, rainbow party hat, and x-cape for the next accessory crate?).

Idea 2: Same as idea 1, however, if someone rolls the godlike before the month ends, it will reset it. Which ever one comes first.

Idea 3[New and Most likely to be used]: The crate will come in a "series" format, such as Flashback Crate I, Flashback Crate II, etc. Each crate will have its own expired godlike in it, and once that godlike has dropped 5-10 times, the crate will be removed from the coinshop until it is needed again in a year or two as the new ones fade out. Once one series drops all its godlikes, the next series will appear in the shop until all of the godlikes have dropped a decent number of times.

The price of the crate could also vary depending on what the current godlike in it is.

What do you guys think?

I actually love this idea, I never really got the chance to try and obtain the snowglobe or the other guns (excluding first prayer and esoteric) and it seems like it'd be fair +1
Find

+1 but not often at all. stuff still needs to be rare
Find

What would the price of the crate be if you were to put like the first prayer in there? I think this is a good idea overall
Find

Wouldn't it just be easier to do what was done last time and put them in the next item crate? If there is one that is.
Find

Rare and high priced crate appearing maybe in the shard shop.
Find

Actually a pretty good idea. I like the thought of the one godlike per month. Would be pretty cool for unobtainable godlikes to even have a chance of dropping. Like tobias said, a lot of them don't even get used and they're priced way high. +1

(03-02-2017, 02:28 AM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
  • Have some sort of "revisit" crate. Have every single godlike in there, but make it so they're even more rare than rarest drop chance among all of the god-likes. There's no reason why I CAN'T buy a last prayer because no one wants to sell theirs.

I've suggested this before.

I don't see why this doesn't exist.

My only suggestion is that upon opening up the crate, it shows an icon above it what godlike is in the crate. Or have the icon display on the icon for the crate before you buy it.

It avoids you having to buy (multiple) in order to figure out what godlike it is before it resets.
Find

I'd be okay with it so long as the godlikes are UNREASONABLY rare. I'm not talking 1 in 5,000, I mean like 1 in 20,000. These items were collectibles, and it seems like if they were to ever come back, it'd need to be unimaginably rare, think as rare as getting 2 Deathbringers out of 1 Morgoth chest.

As for the snowglobe, Brass already said they'd be coming back.

They should also possibly be untradeable, since poor level 1s would get a Last Prayer with 2 Suffixes and have someone snipe it. Getting one should be an achievement in of itself, not just a new way of getting money.

Me and Brass also talked about this kinda thing, and I mentioned that if these guns came back, they would come back like Tobias said, but would spawn without any special trait.

Just thought I'd poke my ideas in here.
Umpty Dumpty

(04-27-2017, 11:02 AM)Bezerker Wrote:  I'd be okay with it so long as the godlikes are UNREASONABLY rare. I'm not talking 1 in 5,000, I mean like 1 in 20,000. These items were collectibles, and it seems like if they were to ever come back, it'd need to be unimaginably rare, think as rare as getting 2 Deathbringers out of 1 Morgoth chest.

As for the snowglobe, Brass already said they'd be coming back.

They should also possibly be untradeable, since poor level 1s would get a Last Prayer with 2 Suffixes and have someone snipe it. Getting one should be an achievement in of itself, not just a new way of getting money.

Me and Brass also talked about this kinda thing, and I mentioned that if these guns came back, they would come back like Tobias said, but would spawn without any special trait.

Just thought I'd poke my ideas in here.

Well most of the people who are 'collecting' these, either don't use them because they don't play, or they will never sell them because they believe they won't drop again.

Let's use the last prayer for example. Here is a list of current owners and their stance on their last prayer.

Bezerker: Said he is never going to sell it
Gage and Garden: Never going to sell because they don't play so they don't care about coins or the economy. They also said they will never sell them
Nield: Never going to sell it because he is collecting godlikes, and on top of that he never even uses it.

Those are all the currently known last prayers in existence. As you can see, none of the owners want to sell them.

And what would be the point of them being untradeable? Because there is a chance a level 1 gets on, rolls one, gets a last prayer and gets scammed? That can happen with any godlike, not just the ones in this crate.
Find