Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

A "Flashback" Crate

Im still so confused by this page, it consists of the people who cant get things on the server and want to get them and the people who own them saying dont add them back then i cant hold it over peoples heads that i own one. Adding these godlikes isnt going to break the economy people just wont feel so special that they one one of nine godlikes that exist. Look i do think the server should be just about having fun. But at the same time it is based around the inventory system. People see a weapons and set goals around it but when they cant be dropped anymore and the people that own it want insanneee amounts of money for it whats the point. Its a reason ive heard a few people have quit for, they play and wait to work their way up the ranks to get rich, they get a bunch of money offer on a gun like the last prayer or esoteric or bloodfury then get told no immediately for either "NFS" or "I just like looking at offers i dont think ill ever take one" legit the quote from bez about his last prayer is "It should probably just say not tradeable" which for someone trying to get the gun and only a few people who play own it is legit just such a let down and legit pushes them away.

Look my personal goals are the cerberus frostburns and the bloodfury. 2 of those are still dropable but the frostburns at this point are so rare that it basically chocks them up to the price of last prayer, Its insane for someone to want something so bad on a server that seems to be like you can get anything you want and welcomes trade and marketing but then the second you set your sights on something its unobtainable because the people that own it REFUSE to sell it. And its not singling out anyone who owns the weapons even though its very annoying i understand where they are coming from. But the fact that the guns are just unobtainable at this point is dumb.

I dont think the flashback crate is the way to do it at all however there does need to be an alternative that will allow players to get the weapons they want. Maybe just add some easter eggs and enhancable crates to the drop pool of lucky maps but make them super rare or something. even just getting the crate wouldnt guarantee the chance of a godlike because then you still need to drop it from a crate but, at least there will be a way to obtain it. I dont even think this is the right solution to fix it but I believe something needs to be done about it.

there is a problems with the whole "you can only get this godlike at a certain time", is that no one will sell any of them
Ex: http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5957&pid=55904#pid55904 {what garden said}
FUN ^ 10 x int ^ 40 = ir2
Find

Artificial scarcity of pixels is silly. People should have a WAY higher chance to get the "Cool" stuff (relatively higher, you know what I mean) during an event, but it shouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE to get them later. That's not interesting. That's not fun.

I've given away many Godlikes, just because I don't find them fun to use, but others do. I prefer my Bananas Mac10 or my Vigorous AUG, or my Heroic Galil if I feel like being absolute scum. People should have the right, and the chance, to play with guns they find neat.

Too many people sit there and "Horde" guns like some kind of autistic squirrels. That's not interesting. Some of us play FRG as a TTT server, a server to hang out with pals, shoot the shit and have a whole h*ck of a lot of fun ('Cuz Brass' events and stuff are awesome). Its fine if some of you treat is as a market simulator, whatever gets you off, but again, these are just pixels and saying "haha this pixel is locked away forever get fucked"

If people are grinding/playing time-limited events *just* for the Godlikes...Well, okay, we ALL do that, but wouldn't we all play them ANYWAYS? Even if there was nothing cool to get? Because they're fun!!

/rant

tl;dr: You all have a good opinion and I can agree with every viewpoint in this thread, but mine is better because I'm the smartest man in the uuuuuniverse
Find

(11-18-2017, 11:05 PM)Terran Wrote:  Artificial scarcity of pixels is silly. People should have a WAY higher chance to get the "Cool" stuff (relatively higher, you know what I mean) during an event, but it shouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE to get them later. That's not interesting. That's not fun.

I've given away many Godlikes, just because I don't find them fun to use, but others do. I prefer my Bananas Mac10 or my Vigorous AUG, or my Heroic Galil if I feel like being absolute scum. People should have the right, and the chance, to play with guns they find neat.

Too many people sit there and "Horde" guns like some kind of autistic squirrels. That's not interesting. Some of us play FRG as a TTT server, a server to hang out with pals, shoot the shit and have a whole h*ck of a lot of fun ('Cuz Brass' events and stuff are awesome). Its fine if some of you treat is as a market simulator, whatever gets you off, but again, these are just pixels and saying "haha this pixel is locked away forever get fucked"

If people are grinding/playing time-limited events *just* for the Godlikes...Well, okay, we ALL do that, but wouldn't we all play them ANYWAYS? Even if there was nothing cool to get? Because they're fun!!

/rant

tl;dr: You all have a good opinion and I can agree with every viewpoint in this thread, but mine is better because I'm the smartest man in the uuuuuniverse

Old Terran would like to have a word with you

(01-27-2016, 12:54 AM)Terran Wrote:  That's why we don't need "RARE DROP VALUE" items, we need artificial scarcity. E.G time-limited -everything-. Constantly new stuff added, but a limited supply of the old stuff. This keeps the market fresh and healthy.
Find

No, no, that's taken out of context. That's only in a situation where EVERYTHING is involved, not just specific things. I'm saying if we go that route, we should NO LONGER ever see older crates, or anything drop from them. It should be 100% or 0%. Right now, its just slapping glitter on a few different pixels over others. I'd prefer a TOTAL overhaul and reform, but that'd be silly, take way too much effort, meet massive backlash and waste everybody's time. Remember, this is TTT, let's have some fun.
Find

I really think this server needs a way to make consistent progress on at least some levels. For me at the very least knowing that I could take 100 crates or 100,000 to get an item seems really disheartening to me. This is compounded for event items. Where I know there is only a ~10% chance of me getting that item if you put in a work weeks worth of hours during the event's duration. I get a lot of people enjoy the grind, but I neither have the time or the will to put in 40 hours at the chance to get an item in a video game anymore. Maybe I'm just burnt out in my hours in Gmod, but I just really feel like the system in place makes it throughly unenjoyable to go after anything rarer than the "starter" godlikes.

I'm fine with the idea that some things are made to be exceedingly rare. The osiris staff, the djinn crystal, etc. However there's the vast majority of things are nearly impossible to get unless you dedicate an embarrassing chunk of your life to go after it.
It's actually easier to list the godlikes that it's practical to acquire than the other way around. Tartarus, ascultone, Candy cane deagle, railgun, thrakos, and maybe the megalodon and deathbringer if you save long enough.

Compared to the Nearly Impossibly hard: frost, ferno, first prayer, last prayer, bloodfury, bloodweep (honestly not THAT rare.), Eleos, Esoteric X249, Infested Kunai, Onuris, The bows (celestials, but you get the point), and Snow Globe. I might be missing a few.
Find

Bad suggestion, why would this ever be added.
Find

-1 no good deal
Find

let it be known i still hate this idea

- That Thrakos Noob

+1 very good and original idea, why hasn't this been added ye-oh wait.
Find