Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Raccoon McBandit's ban appeal

(01-09-2017, 01:20 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(01-09-2017, 01:17 AM)y0Nemo Wrote:  
(01-09-2017, 01:14 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
Quote:Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?:yes
>yes

anyways, a perma ban does seem pretty excessive for just saying a few racist jokes/comments.

I thought the rule on racism was changed anyways? At first isn't it a warning, then a week-month ban, then it's a perma ban if they continue after that?

If someone could clarify that for me that would be great.

They were warned, and continued afterwards.

Besides, Raccoon should know better, he's a member. He's representing the server. All of the new people on the server at the time saw a MEMBER acting like this. Setting a terrible example and hurting our rep.

Well there are some mods who have said much, much, MUCH worse things on the server, and nothing has happened to them.

I'm not gonna say any names(obviously), but a few months ago there was a mod who called someone a spic and nobody seemed to care.

Spic and the N word are basically just as racist as the other, so why is spic allowed while the n word isn't?

It just makes no sense to me what so ever.
Just because some mod said these words and got away with it doesn't mean they can. You, or who ever witnessed it, should've reported it.

(01-09-2017, 01:22 AM)Bezerker Wrote:  Honestly, as long as Jerome saw it all in good fun and legitimately doesn't care about the remarks, I see no reason to keep him banned, but this would have to be brought up again if similar things happen. The only one I see who deserves a stricter punishment is Phoenix, since he continued after being warned.

Just because Jerome saw it in good fun doesn't mean it didn't offend anyone else. As I said above, think about the new players and our reputations as a community. I
Find

(01-09-2017, 01:26 AM)Jerome the Ninja Wrote:  
(01-09-2017, 01:24 AM)Phoenix King Ozai Wrote:  
(01-09-2017, 01:22 AM)Bezerker Wrote:  Honestly, as long as Jerome saw it all in good fun and legitimately doesn't care about the remarks, I see no reason to keep him banned, but this would have to be brought up again if similar things happen. The only one I see who deserves a stricter punishment is Phoenix, since he continued after being warned.

The thing is I dont recall ever being warned

I had said in mic and text chat that Nemo said to stop and everyone else and saw it and even Amac said saw and heard it when I said it
I didnt see any warning in chat i may have missed it but i dont recall missing any warning i might have heard jerome but i couldnt tell from the callouts i might have had some people blocked
Find

What everyone else has ever done is irrelevant to what happened. They weren't reported(you can report these), you guys were, so obviously someone other than Jerome found it unacceptable and didn't like it.

They were warned, and apparently kept going. These racist jokes are not okay to do, ESPECIALLY with that number of people on. Apparently there's screenshots from 15 minutes after warning was supposedly given of the racism continuing.
Find

Oh we're having another racism debate topic unban thread

I think as the rules are stated right now (since Matlas was unbanned) the proper way to deal with these situations is 1 warning and then a permanent ban. While this does help instantly get rid of toxic people in situations like these all it really did was permanently ban 2 regulars and a member.

I'm not trying to make a case for racism but I think people do occasionally slip up and that I would absolutely hate to lose players like raccoon who's been a regular here for a long time forever. Imagine if I decided to ban niceshot or heisen those months ago, how different would FRG be now?

I think overall the server would benefit from less instant permaban punishments especially in this instance.

You removed my POST? HOLY SHIT NAZI CENSORSHIP. What the fuck lmao I posted a legitimate opinion and you deleted it. At least edit it the racist joke I made in it out and ban me or something. Christ, come on man lmao.

Holy shit.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Uq3mkFH7dT

These are all cool guys and fun to hang out with. Christ, permanent bans over something like this. So dumb. I can't handle it, I'm literally losing my sides over it. I played on a Rust server just recently and some guys were shouting n*gg*er in the chat and got an hour mute for spam only lol.

What, will it ruin investors or advertisers or something? "Oh, man, kids on the internet say the DARNDEST THINGS..."

This stuff isn't even racist. If they were saying "Fuck all n*gg*rs and burn the spics" I'd agree to a ban, they're asking for it, but just having jokes among friends is what FRG allowed.

Amac has been a good pal of mine for a long time, other two who knows but you'd better unban him.

(01-09-2017, 01:36 AM)Brassx Wrote:  What everyone else has ever done is irrelevant to what happened. They weren't reported(you can report these), you guys were, so obviously someone other than Jerome found it unacceptable and didn't like it.

They were warned, and apparently kept going. These racist jokes are not okay to do, ESPECIALLY with that number of people on. Apparently there's screenshots from 15 minutes after warning was supposedly given of the racism continuing.

Let me clarify here. No warning was given in game. The only supposed warning we recieved in game was Heisen saying "If you keep this up, you will get banned". This is really not a warning. There was no warning typed. I only received a steam message from Nemo telling me to stop.
Find

(01-09-2017, 01:44 AM)amac Wrote:  
(01-09-2017, 01:36 AM)Brassx Wrote:  What everyone else has ever done is irrelevant to what happened. They weren't reported(you can report these), you guys were, so obviously someone other than Jerome found it unacceptable and didn't like it.

Let me clarify here. No warning was given in game. The only supposed warning we recieved in game was Heisen saying "If you keep this up, you will get banned". This is really not a warning. There was no warning typed. I only received a steam message from Nemo telling me to stop.

Yea i have no member+ on my friends list nor did they tell me to stop
Find

(01-09-2017, 01:44 AM)Terran Wrote:  You removed my POST? HOLY SHIT NAZI CENSORSHIP. What the fuck lmao I posted a legitimate opinion and you deleted it. At least edit it the racist joke I made in it out and ban me or something. Christ, come on man lmao.

Holy shit.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Uq3mkFH7dT

I don't know who deleted it, but you need to calm your tits guy, your opinion was fine, the jokes added after were just dumb. Take yourself down a notch and get off your high horse, please! Thanks.

If you're not going to bring anything constructive, don't post.

Anyways, there's a lot of mixed stories going on.Such as if you guys kept going or not. I'd like to see some more witnesses, but either way some of the bans will likely be shortened(or revoked), it's the fact that you guys allegedly didn't stop the racist jokes after the warning that is my main issue(aside from the obvious).
Find

I think he was warned once then stopped but not quite sure as I wasn't paying attention to the incident.
Find

I did say you guys have to stop but apparently you didn't hear it it was probably my fault since i did say it in voice chat but you did say more after the warning. EDIT: Also amac told you didn't he?
Find