Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another unban? [Terminatior Mat]

Okay was finishing up some stuff. I'm going to revoke the ban for now.

This situation was my fault entirely due to not being clear on the previous rule changes last june. I made a mistake by assuming word would get around about the rule when I mentioned it.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Nield did the right thing, considering I was unclear in the past about the change.

I hope it's clear now.

Also to clarify, nield does have a few people backing up his claims. Not just 'his word alone'. You claim they are biased, but we can not prove that. So those are factored in.

I advise you simply stay away from the 'soft' version for quite awhile, to avoid any confusion. Especially if you have a slur or some form of speech impediment, as that will make it all the more confusing. (no offense intended or anything, just for your own safety)

A bit off topic of your ban:
In my opinion, Re-banning 'nigga' all together again, is not the proper way to handle this type of situation. For those of you that think this can be a confusing situation. It can. But that doesn't mean banning the entire use of the word is the way to go, again for the 100th time, context is very crucial. They can always just claim they said something else entirely. Same concept.

Words change meaning, and said word has evolved into a term that is not used offensively. Context is everything. Obviously if it's used in an offensive manner, it can be dealt with at the staff's discretion.

TL;DR:

Ban has been revoked, although the situation hasn't been entirely overlooked. You will still remain on the 'brassx watchlist', and I request that staff still keep an eye on you. All of the things I've said in your previous ban appeal still apply.

I trust Nield 100%, but given the confusing circumstances, I am going to unban you.

Closed.