Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another unban? [Terminatior Mat]

I've heard other moderators calling people coons before.

The racism rule really needs to be redone, because currently it is free game other than the n word.

People make jokes about jews, blacks(without using the n word), mexicans(and they even use spic), japs/Chinese people and so many more things.

I've legit said a pretty racist black joke with 2 moderators on to see how they would react, and they didn't even seem to bat an eye to it, which kind of proves that the only racist thing that will get you banned is the N word.

I've been in a similar situation before, I thought brass said he made a new rule where it wasn't a perma? Even if he did slip up and say it, it shouldn't be a perma ban.

(10-23-2016, 01:14 AM)nield Wrote:  I need to address something here. I know that 'Matlas' is on the Watchlist. I did NOT realise that you are Matlas. I have treated you exactly the same I would have if anyone else had said this.

Well adressed, it seems most people don't remember that I am Mat, I've said it a million times before even then, and I am NOT saying this is prejudice or against specifically me. What I'm getting at is more over the fact that you just went off assumption and the false statements of two people that dislike me, I'll tell you here that more than half the server knows I wouldn't say this, why don't we simply TALK over this on steam and get it settled, I'd rather that than this Nield.

Find

I mean when I came back at that time I didn't hear the hard er I heard the A. So +1 on unban. But then again I can't speak for other people and if those 2 people who said yes were saying it as a hate crime then I think they would need to be talked to.
SG Fucking Overlord

First off, nield's playtime as of lately has nothing to do with what he heard you say. Why even bring that up? Literally means nothing.

Secondly, your reply comes of as incredibly arrogant. You are not in any position to tell our staff how to do their job.

Sure he could've talked to you, but not sure if you remember what I said on your unban request. This does not expire until I deem it ready, certainly not in ~2 months.

Quote:
(09-05-2016, 04:25 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Alright. I'm willing to give you a chance. You haven't made any fuss really here since you've been back, or shown any negative signs/bad behavior, like others seem to do.

You are on VERY thin ice though, and this time you will have absolutely NO chance at ever being unbanned again if you do indeed get banned again.

I would like to ask all staff to keep an eye on him, if he does anything at all that affects or reflects the server or it's players in a negative way, you have full authority to take action.

This includes, but is not limited to:

• Fairly consistent RDM's.
  • Disrespect and or Racism.
  • General problem causing/instigating.
  • Exploiting.
  • Scamming.

Unbanned; Don't make me regret this.

But basically, it's your word versus his. Until more witnesses step forward, or more proof to support YOUR claims, there will be no decision on this matter.

Also to clarify, we had a community vote quite awhile ago on the word. We came to the conclusion that hard R's are taken offensively, and used in an offensive manner. While 'nigga' is a term now used widely that does not come off as offensive. Players are exposed to much worse on the internet, so loosing up a bit is fine.

EDIT:
I see more people replied while I posted this, I'm going to go read through and edit this if I feel the need.

EDIT 2:

Okay, I see you cleaned up your previous reply so you can disregard my statement concerning it.

Now, it seems nield didn't know who you were. I recall talking to the community not too long ago about updating the racism rules, and a minor slip up could be a warning - few week ban. But CONTEXT is CRUCIAL here. It's up to the the staff member to decide that.

I'll need to find my post, because I'm not 100% sure if I ever went through and made it official. I know we discussed it, but I either forgot to edit the recommended punishments and send out an update to the staff, or I simply didn't feel it got enough support so I scrapped it.
Find

I seriously just hope most of you guys don't believe this, and thank you Jerome, love ya mang.

(10-23-2016, 01:19 AM)Brassx Wrote:  First off, nield's playtime as of lately has nothing to do with what he heard you say. Why even bring that up? Literally means nothing.

Secondly, your reply comes of as incredibly arrogant. You are not in any position to tell our staff how to do their job.

Sure he could've talked to you, but not sure if you remember what I said on your unban request. This does not expire until I deem it ready, certainly not in ~2 months.

Quote:
(09-05-2016, 04:25 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Alright. I'm willing to give you a chance. You haven't made any fuss really here since you've been back, or shown any negative signs/bad behavior, like others seem to do.

You are on VERY thin ice though, and this time you will have absolutely NO chance at ever being unbanned again if you do indeed get banned again.

I would like to ask all staff to keep an eye on him, if he does anything at all that affects or reflects the server or it's players in a negative way, you have full authority to take action.

This includes, but is not limited to:

• Fairly consistent RDM's.
  • Disrespect and or Racism.
  • General problem causing/instigating.
  • Exploiting.
  • Scamming.

Unbanned; Don't make me regret this.

But basically, it's your word versus his. Until more witnesses step forward, or more proof to support YOUR claims, there will be no decision on this matter.

Also to clarify, we had a community vote quite awhile ago on the word. We came to the conclusion that hard R's are taken offensively, and used in an offensive manner. While 'nigga' is a term now used widely that does not come off as offensive. Players are exposed to much worse on the internet, so loosing up a bit is fine.

EDIT:
I see more people replied while I posted this, I'm going to go read through and edit this if I feel the need.

And I totally agree, I deserved watchlist and personally right now, I feel comfy enough that it just DOESN'T bother me. I just don't know why of all days this has to come forth, the only reason I came off by saying anything about his time is half of my buddies mentioned it as well, it seemed as if he didn't understand that the word was okay to use. I SHOULD have been recording but I don't have any other proof off of what my friends will say. Brass I don't have ANYTHING else, I really just came on to level my uzi, fight the WQ and just play for an hour or two. Man I don't want this, I love playing TTT and it's the only reason I have to play gmod anymore, I can't code, I can't make any decent content other than textures and animation, with what gmod has to offer right now, the former two things are the only things I really can be doing aside from TTT.

Point is, enough bad shit in life is happening as it is and I just hope you know that after waiting a whole year to finally come back, I wouldn't be saying that shit ever.. I'm trying my best right now, I'm admittedly really shake and upset over it because it could just lead to missing so much fun and meeting new friends, seeing the ones I've made. :/ I don't know what else I can say boss.

Find

Let me go into detail of why this entire situation really bothers me.

I made a post a while back with the whole racism rule and why it's become a problem to even have. Currently it's only truly enforced when some random comes on obviously to troll and says the N word. They're typically instantly banned, without much care in the world.

But then the word nigga for some god forsaken reason is allowed. Two words that sounds really similar one which will get you BANNED and one that is PERFECTLY FINE. This is honestly madness especially when we have people on the server who throw it around without a second thought there is all sorts of problems.
People will get the wrong impression especially if it's not detailed carefully in the rules. This rule is in desperate need of changing in definition and wording. Especially after the incident with Hockeyfn.

The most terrifying thing in this situation is that there is no way to prove or disprove that Nield heard it correctly. There's no way for Mat to actually prove that he didn't say or did say the word. We have no evidence on either side to either appeal it or support the banning reaason.

All we have right now is the word of a trusted moderator vs someone who was permanently banned an on the watchlist.
Now I know Nield, he's one of our trusted moderators and I doubt he's biased against Matlas, but there is always a chance to mishear something for any reason.
Equally I know Matlas, he's a super charismatic guy who has a temper sometimes, and I really doubt he actually said it or meant to say it but there is always a chance that he could have.

My case to make is that I highly, highly doubt that Mat after trying his best to get unbanned, who knows the rules in and out (enough to know the difference between the two words) would actually play 1 and 1/2 months without any issues and go on to waste everything in that one moment JUST to say something racist. The thought is absurd at best.

I also trust Nield's word completely, I have no doubt that he may have heard it that way for some reason be it connection issues or Mat's tongue "slurring" or him actually saying the word. I understand that he had the right to ban him under the circumstances.

I just don't agree with this rule or how it's handled and it needs to be changed.

Although I wasn't there for this particular situation. I've heard Matt say "nigga" a million times and never have I heard him use the "er" even in the discord server.

I'd like to just leave a comment that, these are the friends I'd be giving up had I said that word, why on earth would I give up and say that if it meant losing friends and people that would stand up for me like this? It'd be insane, senseless, maniacal. I wouldn't put my place here up for almost anything in all honesty.

Find

(10-23-2016, 01:43 AM)Terminator Matheus Wrote:  I'd like to just leave a comment that, these are the friends I'd be giving up had I said that word, why on earth would I give up and say that if it meant losing friends and people that would stand up for me like this? It'd be insane, senseless, maniacal. I wouldn't put my place here up for almost anything in all honesty.

You have mentioned this three times, message recieved.
Find