Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another unban? [Terminatior Mat]

Steam Name (Current): Terminator Matheus

Steam Name (During incident): Terminator Matheus

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26489585

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Matalataloo/

Name of staff you were banned by: Nield

Length of the ban: 7 days Scratch that, PERMA.

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?: Repealed

Reason for ban: He genuinely just thought I said the hard N word, I say I guess the soft one a lot around my friends? But yeah It's kinda upsetting having someone that never comes on come on for one night and just bans me based off an assumption, people know I'm on thin ice still even if I've gotten comfy.

Fyi, I just came on to level my gun and play, not to get PERMAD.

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?: Not at all, I said the soft word.

Find

Doesn't say the hard N on the server, because he only says it ending with A. +1 for unban fams

Maybe you say the "soft" version a lot around your friends (The fuck does that even mean anyway? Why should one be considered bad and one okay when they mean the same fucking thing anyway?) but I swear to god I heard a hard "er" at the end of the word. I dunno. Maybe it's because when we Aussies say them, there is literally only the tiniest difference of inflection in the two, but I swear I heard "er" and I'm going to stand by my ban. If it gets overturned it gets overturned.

I should also note I asked in chat if anyone else heard it and two people said that they did, since I did in fact not want to go off what might have been just my own mishearing

(10-23-2016, 12:50 AM)nield Wrote:  Maybe you say the "soft" version a lot around your friends (The fuck does that even mean anyway? Why should one be considered bad and one okay when they mean the same fucking thing anyway?) but I swear to god I heard a hard "er" at the end of the word. I dunno. Maybe it's because when we Aussies say them, there is literally only the tiniest difference of inflection in the two, but I swear I heard "er" and I'm going to stand by my ban. If it gets overturned it gets overturned.

Revise: Basically you could have talked to me instead of banning me instantly, I responded to you yet, you didn't say anything back??? Basically if you've not noticed, I have a bad verbal slur when I speak, my words sound quite uh.. eh sometimes, I kinda just pause and stutter sometimes too, so I dunno, maybe you heard me but I know I wouldn't say that man.

Find

Matt's not racist, what the fuck?
+1

(That reply is pretty cringey, though.)

Terminator is a really cool dude. He's said the "soft" version multiple times, WITH admits on, and no one has ever said anything about it. So there didn't really seem to be a problem with it. +1 all the way for unban

^^ Yeah sorry I'm more than freaked out right now, had to take a minute to revise to not come off as a douche.

Find

I get that 'Nigga' is supposed to be 'okay' I just don't get why it should be.

And is N****r the only bad word? What about coon for example. means the same thing I don't see any shit about it. In Aus we even have a cheese brand called Coon cheese, so doe that make it okay for me to say the word, even though it had racist connotations or what?

Also, I asked in chat if anyone else heard you say N****r and two people said yes.

Find

(10-23-2016, 01:05 AM)nield Wrote:  I get that 'Nigga' is supposed to be 'okay' I just don't get why it should be.

And is N****r the only bad word? What about coon for example. means the same thing I don't see any shit about it. In Aus we even have a cheese brand called Coon cheese, so doe that make it okay for me to say the word, even though it had racist connotations or what?

Also, I asked in chat if anyone else heard you say N****r and two people said yes.

For one, Tobias and Degen don't like me so I really wouldn't take two biased-ass opinions, we've had a similar situation where Hockey was banned like this, and your example really doesn't do any justice here. I get that you want to stick to the past or something and keep nigga a word out of the server, but it's kind of a just, random thing I say without even thinking about it. And no, it's not the only bad word, we have plenty of racist words we CANNOT say, like k*ke. My point to you is, you don't know me, all you know is that I'm on watchlist and that you thought I said the hard-N word, I'd rather we settle this if you'd friend me and we can TALK over this so you atleast get to know me for more than a minute of TTT gameplay. I ain't ever trying to cause any issues here, I really don't WANT trouble nor do I wanna be banned. You see, I've made a ton of good friends here and I have a lot of people here that I'd consider some of my best friends, I hang around these guys every day and I wouldn't ever regret it. You gotta understand that, I feel at home now and I wouldn't want to randomly cause trouble in my own home, would I? I'd only wish you KNEW me instead, this wouldn't have happened nor blown out of proportion like this.

Find

I need to address something here. I know that 'Matlas' is on the Watchlist. I did NOT realise that you are Matlas. I have treated you exactly the same I would have if anyone else had said this.
Find