Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Slither/Mat's unban appeal

(09-04-2016, 04:29 PM)EmperorWhale Wrote:  
(09-04-2016, 03:57 PM)Eclipse Wrote:  I see a lot of positive posts for this but I myself don't have an opinion, but I think this does need to be looked at. I think if he is unbanned, just have him on his last strike and if he can make it, just get rid of the last strike after a month or so.
Evidently his ban was for a collection of things and I'm sure he was warned and told to change his ways in the time period before he was banned. I just don't really understand the point of perma banning someone if you can just get another "strike" down the road by appearing to be sorry.

I don't see any harm of unbanning him if he's tried this much to get unbanned, it shows a lot of character. Sure we don't know what he did but it's in the past and from others have said he has changed from his ways.

I generally don't support unbanning anyone who has been banned permanently but he seems way different than the others we have unbanned.

(09-04-2016, 06:06 PM)Eclipse Wrote:  
(09-04-2016, 03:57 PM)Eclipse Wrote:  I see a lot of positive posts for this but I myself don't have an opinion, but I think this does need to be looked at. I think if he is unbanned, just have him on his last strike and if he can make it, just get rid of the last strike after a month or so.
Evidently his ban was for a collection of things and I'm sure he was warned and told to change his ways in the time period before he was banned. I just don't really understand the point of perma banning someone if you can just get another "strike" down the road by appearing to be sorry.

I don't see any harm of unbanning him if he's tried this much to get unbanned, it shows a lot of character. Sure we don't know what he did but it's in the past and from others have said he has changed from his ways.

I generally don't support unbanning anyone who has been banned permanently but he seems way different than the others we have unbanned.
I really disagree about persistence being a big factor in an unban. It really doesn't show that much character. It just shows that they really want to play the server, and we've seen it all before.

Look at clombs for instance. He also tried to get unbanned A LOT. A LOT more than matlas. Look what ended up happening with him; People supported his unban, but he proved he hasn't changed as much as he claimed.

I'm just not so quick to buy when people make such claims, due to my experience over the years. People do not change easily, nor quickly.

I'm just not convinced very easily at all. I'm leaning towards giving you another shot, because in the end you would just get banned if you acted up, but I'd much rather save the trouble of staff having to deal with that.

The staff that doesn't play on the server (most of it) doesn't have much to deal with anyways, not to insult staff, but there's a lot of inactivity since school started back up

The server is mostly just policed by a band of +members who play.

I mean the main issue of matlas last time was his attention whoring on the forums, just don't allow him to post after he gets u banned? That might help

(09-04-2016, 11:04 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(09-04-2016, 06:06 PM)Eclipse Wrote:  

I really disagree about persistence being a big factor in an unban. It really doesn't show that much character. It just shows that they really want to play the server, and we've seen it all before.

Look at clombs for instance. He also tried to get unbanned A LOT. A LOT more than matlas. Look what ended up happening with him; People supported his unban, but he proved he hasn't changed as much as he claimed.

I'm just not so quick to buy when people make such claims, due to my experience over the years. People do not change easily, nor quickly.

I'm just not convinced very easily at all. I'm leaning towards giving you another shot, because in the end you would just get banned if you acted up, but I'd much rather save the trouble of staff having to deal with that.

Well I can genuinely see why you wouldn't want the staff to go through with having to ban me just due to it being a pestering thing, I really do. I really would do anything to prove I'm not here to cause trouble, I've honestly tried becoming parts of other TTT servers and, honestly, they just aren't interesting and there's never a decent amount of people there to stay. (So I never really do get comfortable here or there.) I'd honestly be so happy just to come back. Again, I really cannot say sorry or do any more then I already have. I do feel I know a good amount of the higher staff already (Zott, Fuzzy, Kuro.. etc.), and I would quite frankly feel compelled to not do bad just due to knowing them and I actually consider them friends. I respect your choice whatever it is in the end. I can however promise that if I get a chance to come back, you won't be hearing any bad of me at all.

(Also Furesh I already cannot post without moderator approval so that really wouldn't make sense, my man.)

Find

Alright. I'm willing to give you a chance. You haven't made any fuss really here since you've been back, or shown any negative signs/bad behavior, like others seem to do.

You are on VERY thin ice though, and this time you will have absolutely NO chance at ever being unbanned again if you do indeed get banned again.

I would like to ask all staff to keep an eye on him, if he does anything at all that affects or reflects the server or it's players in a negative way, you have full authority to take action.

This includes, but is not limited to:
  • Fairly consistent RDM's.
  • Disrespect and or Racism.
  • General problem causing/instigating.
  • Exploiting.
  • Scamming.

Unbanned; Don't make me regret this.