Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Voslom in game economy?

I read must of it and I'm not sure if this was suggested. Instead of the level cap on gear which is ok (not a big fan) what if you had to be a certain level to trade. This would allow players to get their own drops when they first start (similar cap to FRG, but for a different purpose). I'm not sure how great this idea is and maybe you could be able to trade at level 20. However, the level cap on gear is more common in actual games and since this is it's own game it maybe better to have a gear cap instead of a trading cap (even if I don't like gear caps lol)

**Note** I just realized that we are assuming that higher level players will drop amazing stuff for new players it is unlikely that they will and will probably try to sell it to other players. The newbies may get like a white shirt or maybe a bronze sword, but it is unlikely that they will just be given amazing gear even by their friends.
Find

(12-17-2015, 04:36 PM)Axe Wrote:  I read must of it and I'm not sure if this was suggested. Instead of the level cap on gear which is ok (not a big fan) what if you had to be a certain level to trade. This would allow players to get their own drops when they first start (similar cap to FRG, but for a different purpose). I'm not sure how great this idea is and maybe you could be able to trade at level 20. However, the level cap on gear is more common in actual games and since this is it's own game it maybe better to have a gear cap instead of a trading cap (even if I don't like gear caps lol)

I think this would only prevent the problem of people trading OP gear to new players for so long. I still really like NotChosen's idea of having to be at max 10 levels away from someone to trade with them. While this could be "cheated" by a lvl 30 trading a lvl 20 just so a lvl 10 could get that gear having a lvl restriction on weapons sold/traded by the orginal owner that level be on any traded item to force the level 10 player to become level 20 would fix it. Just my $.02
Genesis Does What NintenDon't

I'm sarcastic a lot, take what I say with a grain of salt.
Find

(12-17-2015, 04:40 PM)SilentClause Wrote:  
(12-17-2015, 04:36 PM)Axe Wrote:  I read must of it and I'm not sure if this was suggested. Instead of the level cap on gear which is ok (not a big fan) what if you had to be a certain level to trade. This would allow players to get their own drops when they first start (similar cap to FRG, but for a different purpose). I'm not sure how great this idea is and maybe you could be able to trade at level 20. However, the level cap on gear is more common in actual games and since this is it's own game it maybe better to have a gear cap instead of a trading cap (even if I don't like gear caps lol)

I think this would only prevent the problem of people trading OP gear to new players for so long. I still really like NotChosen's idea of having to be at max 10 levels away from someone to trade with them. While this could be "cheated" by a lvl 30 trading a lvl 20 just so a lvl 10 could get that gear having a lvl restriction on weapons sold/traded by the orginal owner that level be on any traded item to force the level 10 player to become level 20 would fix it. Just my $.02

There's no way the level difference in trading would work at all. What if someone is level 60 and no one is within 10 levels of them? What if someone is 11 levels away and you have something that they want? I just don't see it working. I thought it was important to bring up those 2 points though
Find

(12-17-2015, 04:51 PM)Axe Wrote:  
(12-17-2015, 04:40 PM)SilentClause Wrote:  

There's no way the level difference in trading would work at all. What if someone is level 60 and no one is within 10 levels of them? What if someone is 11 levels away and you have something that they want? I just don't see it working. I thought it was important to bring up those 2 points though

Maybe being able to trade lower levels but only for coins? That way lower levels wouldn't get OP stuff early on and ruin the progression but higher levels could still trade with them.

Find

I'd prefer if drops were kept rare and coins were used to purchase items from NPC's, potions, buffs, pets and maybe extras. With player-to-player Trading, then noobs can get kited out almost instantly.

It wouldn't be bad if it had some sort of trade limit like Runescape implemented; e.g you have to offer close to an equal value for what you're buying, and can't give stuff away.

(12-17-2015, 05:45 PM)Terran Wrote:  It wouldn't be bad if it had some sort of trade limit like Runescape implemented; e.g you have to offer close to an equal value for what you're buying, and can't give stuff away.

But without coins being tradable then, like Axe said, what would a high level player do if a lower level player has something s/he wants but all the items he has are more than that item is worth?

Find

(12-17-2015, 05:45 PM)Terran Wrote:  I'd prefer if drops were kept rare and coins were used to purchase items from NPC's, potions, buffs, pets and maybe extras. With player-to-player Trading, then noobs can get kited out almost instantly.

It wouldn't be bad if it had some sort of trade limit like Runescape implemented; e.g you have to offer close to an equal value for what you're buying, and can't give stuff away.

Well, like the points made in my OP, that can be mostly avoided with several other methods without removing the ability to sell and buy items from other players. (Level requirement on gear, marketplace system, +/-10 level trading limit(with a marketplace with no limit), etc.
Find

That would work, but it feels like more limiting player interactivity that way then anything else. Level requirements on items would suck; - If you luck out and get a super amazing drop, it'd be nice to be able to use it ASAP! A marketplace system would be a good alternative, since it means if someone is unlucky with drops, they could grind slimes, get enough coins, purchase a weapon and fight a tougher opponent.

Actually, yeah, the marketplace system sounds really good, but maybe everything could have an average? So you can't put a 500 coin item for 10000, nor put it for 1 or something. Eh, I dunno.

I feel as if a large part of the "staying power" is working to get a cool drop and progress yourself.
Find

(12-17-2015, 06:18 PM)Terran Wrote:  That would work, but it feels like more limiting player interactivity that way then anything else. Level requirements on items would suck; - If you luck out and get a super amazing drop, it'd be nice to be able to use it ASAP! A marketplace system would be a good alternative, since it means if someone is unlucky with drops, they could grind slimes, get enough coins, purchase a weapon and fight a tougher opponent.

Actually, yeah, the marketplace system sounds really good, but maybe everything could have an average? So you can't put a 500 coin item for 10000, nor put it for 1 or something. Eh, I dunno.

Yea I was thinking with the marketplace system, the minimum price you can list for would be the Transmute value, I'm not really sure how to determine a max value though, but it may not really be needed. With enough data though, an average price could be recommended. It could work pretty much like the GE on runescape.
Find

In game economies are something I'm absolutely fascinated with, and they're something of an area of expertise.

I have not yet played Voslom, so I'm working with little to no knowledge of how the game works.

1) If your idea is to prevent the money rape of new players, (High level/Wealthy players seeking out low level/poor players and trading them high value gear/coins thus spoiling the grind), it's necessary to note that some players don't mind it. What your goal should be isn't "Prevent money rape at all cost" but "Discourage money rape"

Trading Limits,
a) Having a level cap on trading. A relatively low one, mind you. You don't want to discourage trade amongst players, even low level ones. Every player trading is a vital part of your in game economy. I would actually encourage shitbinning this idea entirely. As it will do nothing but frustrate new players, and put up a relatively pointless barrier to trading.

b) Trade passes. This one is simple enough to implement, have a purchasable item in a shop for in game currency that has a limited use until it's destroyed, or at least unusable. (Say, 5 trades, before having to refill it at the shop you got it from.) This idea is simple, and effective. And there's a number of ways you can implement it. Most every player will have one, some even multiple, and will encourage people to think about how they're using the charges. I COULD give that new player a relatively mid tier helmet of headbutting, but then I would have to go buy more charges and eh it's not really worth it. Etc.

c) Daily trade limits. Limit the amount of value a given character can trade for that day. Once that limit is reached +/-, they will not be able to accept any more trade request for a certain amount of time. This will both discourage allowing yourself to be money raped, as well as money raping others. It will also discourage scamming, and being scammed. Like, oh I just got 15k off that player, but now I can't trade again for 15 hours. This idea can be good, if you're willing to put effort into the system. However we have a few cases of it going over poorly with some players. (Ask JAGEX how well it worked for them.)
Tneconni
Find