Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problematic Maps

(10-08-2015, 02:25 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  I mean, with sandraiders, the elevator isn't a core part of the map...
I'd rather you just block off that section than remove the map entirely.

Just to clarify for everyone I PERSONALLY cannot map AT ALL. I said I would try to get them fixed not fix them myself. xD
If I knew wtf I was looking at when I opened hammer I'd be glad to fix any and all maps to further help FRG but unfortunately all I see in hammer are colors and shapes.

(10-08-2015, 02:28 AM)SP1D3RP1G Wrote:  Scar Island has a tree with no hitbox or bounding box(whatever they are called). people hide in it and it can look like a cloak.

Meh, that is very minor and doesn't ruin the map.
Find

Ive used hammer very little, but I kinda know my way around it. I could try if anybody would like.
Find

(10-08-2015, 02:30 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(10-08-2015, 02:25 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  I mean, with sandraiders, the elevator isn't a core part of the map...

Just to clarify for everyone I PERSONALLY cannot map AT ALL. I said I would try to get them fixed not fix them myself. xD
If I knew wtf I was looking at when I opened hammer I'd be glad to fix any and all maps to further help FRG but unfortunately all I see in hammer are colors and shapes.

I used Hammer for a coupl'a seconds, so it seems like something Aresuft can do really easily. :3

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

The sky boxes on every minecraft map is terribly broken

I volunteer to fix up toy soldier if you can somehow get me the original vmf
Find

Not for me, Rat. They've always worked.
Find

(10-08-2015, 02:36 AM)Twistz Wrote:  Ive used hammer very little, but I kinda know my way around it. I could try if anybody would like.

I found someone but if they can't help I will keep you in mind. Thank you for offering.

(10-08-2015, 02:37 AM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(10-08-2015, 02:30 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  

I used Hammer for a coupl'a seconds, so it seems like something Aresuft can do really easily. :3

I asked and he said, "not worth it."

(10-08-2015, 02:40 AM)doctorRat Wrote:  The sky boxes on every minecraft map is terribly broken

That is a problem on your end.

(10-08-2015, 02:43 AM)Cobaltgeo Wrote:  I volunteer to fix up toy soldier if you can somehow get me the original vmf

I got someone but thanks for the offer!
Find

I have 300 hours on hammer i will fix maps 4 coins

Alright I made a list of awful maps and reasons why below.

Airbus: We all know that this map is just awfully small and with the really tight spawns makes this map near impossible to play when above 10 people.. If somehow we had spread out player spawns then I'd hate it a little less.

Any Map Jake ever adds: Jake is a hipster and most of his favorite maps include ; Zombie-Country-Side-Delay-Train-Metagame-Simulator 2015, House of Amazing 1970's Jump Scares, Worst-Pink-Castle-Ever with a slight Mario theme and broken doors, Stupid Halo TTT Hybrid.

Jake made this thread because of my complaining about his complaining of maps.
Find

Lightbulb 
I might try and fix some of these issues, maybe not. It won't be a complete overhaul like I did with the dragon island map, for all of those who remember. To hell with that map. Most of these problems are fairly simple although some of them are like trying to shoot a fly from 200 feet away. Like Toysoldiers being too big, you would literally have to alter the whole map.

For anyone wanting to edit maps you'll need four things if you don't have them already.

1. A .gma extractor that "allows yourself" to "steal" workshop files. Wink
2. BSPSource, this allows you to convert .BSP to .VMF files.
3. The TTT mapping guide, it gives you console commands, TTT entity guides, and the TTT .FDG download. A .FDG is a file containing new hammer entities. So for example this TTT .FDG allows you to create T buttons in hammer, along with all other TTT entities.
4. Pakrat, a neat tool allows you to pack custom materials/sounds/models in a .bsp file. This is useful so people only have to download the map file and not each individual sound/material/model file. You will need to use Pakrat regardless of what you say or think, just do it.