Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Desperado/ Felriff - Ban Appeal

(07-07-2018, 12:41 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  
(07-07-2018, 12:15 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  Yes that is a good point but I look at it this way, if we unban someone who was permanently banned and then he gets banned in a few days, the next person who tried the same will be thrown in the pile of 'we shouldn't unban because they'll just be rebanned again' making their chances harder because of people before them.

It might be just a gmod server to you but to me this is a home for online gaming for me and I'll be damned to let someone who is hugely toxic be on here that can push players away be allowed to play on here.

Jeez, the guy is practically begging for a second chance and you're still kicking him. I'm glad you call this your home, but other folks live here too.

As for the ban appeal, I would've liked to seen his previous offences in his report instead of Kuro bringing them to light. But, seeing him apologizing and putting real effort into this ban appeal does help. I, personally, think some more time in the oven would do some good. However, just from the sheer effort put into this I'll give him a +1. Worst comes to worst, he gets banned. At best, we have another decent person in our server.

Thank you, I appreciate your post, it means a lot to me especially since I know that you have faith in me.
Find

(07-06-2018, 10:55 PM)Axe Wrote:  God whats wrong with u guys the worst that happens is u ban him again. Like wtf you're acting like this is a prison sentence its a fuckin gmod server.

A permanent ban is meant to be permanent, it's supposed to mean that you never come back. What's the point of perma banning somebody so they can come back and get more chances?

"Sure you're a hacker but not all hackers are bad".
"Sure you duped but you said you wouldn't do it anymore".
What type of server do you want to be run, one where rules don't mean anything?

I believe it should be as hard to appeal a permanent ban as it is to get one, very hard. They should not be handed out lightly.
In this case a permanent ban was justified and got more justified as time went on.

At any point if he had been given a second chance, permanent bans mean less, and this dude become Mr Cheese v2

(07-07-2018, 12:46 AM)Kuro Wrote:  
(07-06-2018, 10:55 PM)Axe Wrote:  God whats wrong with u guys the worst that happens is u ban him again. Like wtf you're acting like this is a prison sentence its a fuckin gmod server.

A permanent ban is meant to be permanent, it's supposed to mean that you never come back. What's the point of perma banning somebody so they can come back and get more chances?

I believe it should be as hard to appeal a permanent ban as it is to get one, very hard. They should not be handed out lightly.
In this case a permanent ban was justified and got more justified as time went on.

At any point if he had been given a second chance, permanent bans mean less, and this dude become Mr Cheese v2
Kuro I respect your opinion but you can’t predict how I’m going to act and especially if that was meant to be a subtle insult, nobody knows what’s going trough my mind and nobody knows what I’ll do when I get on the server but me, I don’t appreciate that but I do respect the opinion

I’m here for a reason ok, you cannot possibly think I would take the time out of my day to pretend to be nice and screw up on the server? That’s too much time and effort and that has no reward, I made a ban appeal because I want to return, if I wanted to get banned again I wouldn’t do anything. I apologized, I told you how I feel abt this and I have proven to you in the grasps of my current ability that I want to be unbanned, what more can you ask of me...
Find

(07-07-2018, 12:49 AM)Desperado Wrote:  

Kuro I respect your opinion but you can’t predict how I’m going to act and especially if that was meant to be a subtle insult, nobody knows what’s going trough my mind and nobody knows what I’ll do when I get on the server but me, I don’t appreciate that but I do respect the opinion

I’m here for a reason ok, you cannot possibly think I would take the time out of my day to pretend to be nice and screw up on the server? That’s too much time and effort and that has no reward, I made a ban appeal because I want to return, if I wanted to get banned again I wouldn’t do anything. I apologized, I told you how I feel abt this and I have proven to you in the grasps of my current ability that I want to be unbanned, what more can you ask of me...

From prior posts you've stated to you being banned on most inventory servers, I have a pretty good idea that your intentions are not to benefit our community. And I wholeheartedly agree with Kuro about permanent bans.
Find

Yes I eggre with kuro hes always right

(07-07-2018, 12:56 AM)PapaRussia Wrote:  
(07-07-2018, 12:49 AM)Desperado Wrote:  

From prior posts you've stated to you being banned on most inventory servers, I have a pretty good idea that your intentions are not to benefit our community. And I wholeheartedly agree with Kuro about permanent bans.
No longer banned on wogs me and Jason are good and I’m not banned on moat ttt either, me and most are good we just don’t talk anymore, this server is the only server I’m currently banned on
Find

(07-07-2018, 12:49 AM)Desperado Wrote:  Kuro I respect your opinion but you can’t predict how I’m going to act and especially if that was meant to be a subtle insult, nobody knows what’s going trough my mind and nobody knows what I’ll do when I get on the server but me, I don’t appreciate that but I do respect the opinion

Given your history yes I can believe you would get banned for similar if not the exact same reason, it's not like it hasn't been done before.
We've unbanned people in similar situations that go and get banned again. Hence the mr_cheese reference as he was the latest person to be rebanned following a permanent ban.

You have been unbanned and rebanned in the past. I don't believe anybody intentionally goes anywhere to get banned but that happened anyway didn't it?
It has already happened multiple times from various other inventory servers. For whatever reasons there were.

There's no reason for me or anyone else for that matter to be considering giving you another chance given what's already happened.
You've come from nowhere with nothing but what we can consider empty promises. So don't blame me for being skeptical.

As for proving anything to me, you're proving the skepticism to be right the more you're posting. Please don't overdo it.
Find

(07-07-2018, 01:18 AM)Kuro Wrote:  
(07-07-2018, 12:49 AM)Desperado Wrote:  Kuro I respect your opinion but you can’t predict how I’m going to act and especially if that was meant to be a subtle insult, nobody knows what’s going trough my mind and nobody knows what I’ll do when I get on the server but me, I don’t appreciate that but I do respect the opinion

Given your history yes I can believe you would get banned for similar if not the exact same reason, it's not like it hasn't been done before.
We've unbanned people in similar situations that go and get banned again. Hence the mr_cheese reference as he was the latest person to be rebanned following a permanent ban.

You have been unbanned and rebanned in the past. I don't believe anybody intentionally goes anywhere to get banned but that happened anyway didn't it?
It has already happened multiple times from various other inventory servers. For whatever reasons there were.

There's no reason for me or anyone else for that matter to be considering giving you another chance given what's already happened.
You've come from nowhere with nothing but what we can consider empty promises. So don't blame me for being skeptical.

As for proving anything to me, you're proving the skepticism to be right the more you're posting. Please don't overdo it.

This is all really bias lurk, I can’t give filled promises because I have no way of doing so, all I’m gonna say for my last plea is, d please give me a chance, I promise I won’t fail, all I need is one chance...
Find

I'll switch my +1 to a +0 for the moment. It seems like you're getting a little defensive trying to calm down peoples opinions that effect the thread. Felriff, you need to calm down with the people who disagree. You've already said as much as you can. Don't try to respond to everyone's post, because it's starting to show another side.

(07-07-2018, 12:15 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  if we unban someone who was permanently banned and then he gets banned in a few days, the next person who tried the same will be thrown in the pile of 'we shouldn't unban because they'll just be rebanned again' making their chances harder because of people before them.

That's pretty stupid to say. So when do we start accepting unbans to anyone with a perma? Because if you never want to unban people because it will be harder for the next person, we might as well just never in the first place.

(07-07-2018, 12:46 AM)Kuro Wrote:  A permanent ban is meant to be permanent, it's supposed to mean that you never come back. What's the point of perma banning somebody so they can come back and get more chances?

Now that's not very fair. Plenty of people get permanently banned. They aren't hard to get either.
Image (Probably banned for advertising)
And countless permanent RDM ones.

Just because they decided to RDM a few people a year ago and decide they want to try the server out the way it was meant to be played and being said "No, you mass rdmed/rdmed and left in the past and we can't accept that."

It's pretty surprising because you don't even know the guy other than the action that got him banned and then a year later decided to look up a random server when he could've just played so many others.

Now for this case, I can't personally say because I didn't exist at the time, but it looks like the other servers forgave and haven't banned him again. If you really wanted to check if he changed, just go to one of the servers under a different name when hes on and judge for yourself.

Again, if you just don't like his personality this time around, just record and make a thread when you think you have enough evidence.

(07-07-2018, 01:22 AM)Desperado Wrote:  This is all really bias lurk, I can’t give filled promises because I have no way of doing so, all I’m gonna say for my last plea is, d please give me a chance, I promise I won’t fail, all I need is one chance...

Might I suggest hanging back and letting folks blow their steam? You can't win every battle, so just let this ride.