Daniel / McNuggie Ban Appeal

Heart 
Steam Name (Current): Merlyn’s Willy

Steam Name (During incident): Daniel

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42863376

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/memeking2014

Name of staff you were banned by: Brassx

Length of the ban: Permanent IP Ban.

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?: Either works, but would obviously prefer repealed Smile

Reason for ban: “Had a chance to be mature about the demotion. Instead decided to be immature. No longer welcome here.”, more specifically constant drama causing, toxixity, and then at the end massive disrespect towards the entire server.

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?: Yes I did.

What really happened?: As an admin I was targeting specific players that I disliked and purposely attempted to upset them and ruin their time on the server. For my behavior I was then demoted after numerous warnings, and I did not react well to being this and I snapped and began to massively disrespect everyone on the server and the server’s existence as a whole. I continued to “try and get revenge” for my own actions until I was ipbanned and I was told that any further harassment would result in legal action. Pretty much I threw a tantrum and acted like a child, and got what I deserved.

Additional details: At this point it has been over a year and a half since I was banned, and over half a year since my last appeal. Everytime that I appeal I feel like I have grown more and more as an individual (honestly I know for a fact I’ve grown) and have done everything I can to fix the relations on this server that I ruined, and still am doing all I can. After my actions on this server, it really hit me that I was not in the right mental state and my general attitude towards life and other people did nothing more than hurt myself and others and I was not an enjoyable person to be around. I spent a lot of time heavily focusing upon my mental health and doing whatever I possibly could to be a better person, so that I could guarentee that side of me that showed in 2016 never exists again. My actions towards the end of my time on this server were entirely unexcusable and I have no defense towards it. But I do have immense remorse and guilt for what I did here and the pain that I caused people as well as the friendships I ruined, and it truly fuels me everyday to do the best I can to be a good person.

I’ve said this dozens of times, but I am more sorry for what I did here than anything else that I’ve done in my life. I regret it more than anything. You guys molded me as an individual and taught me so much and I appreciate it more than you can imagine, which is why I hold so much guilt for the issues I created. You deserved better, especially from someone in the position I was in, and I wish I could have given you better. The past is in the past though, and I am a firm believer that it is best to focus on the future rather.

A lot of you probably wonder why I even want to be unbanned at this point, as likely no one is the exact same person they were 2 years ago and I wouldn’t be coming back to the same place. My answer to that is the fact that this server is the only place on Garry’s Mod that ever brought me pure joy. Sure, it has changed tremendously, but a lot of the people I knew when I was part of this community are still here and I still consider my friends, and I want nothing more than to revive those friendships and to show everyone here what I am like as a person now, in comparison to how I was then.

I’ve waited specifically for today to appeal again, as it is my 18th birthday today which “officially makes me an adult” and therefore I feel like it is a chance for me to refresh and show you guys that I am not the childish 16 year old I was, and that I am someone that you all would genuinely enjoy being around given the chance. (I understand that turning 18 really means nothing in maturity and you don’t just suddenly become a mature adult because you’re 18 lol, I just feel I have moved on from the childish antics that followed me through the last few years. The only reason I’m appealing specifically today is because I set it as the waiting point for the next time I attempt to appeal). I truly want to come back and enjoy playing Garry’s Mod (something I havent done in forever at this point) and reconnect with old friends.

I would never, ever, ever cause a problem here again, and while my word likely does not mean too much, I do give you my word on that, and those of you who have stayed in contact with me through this time know that I would rather die than cause anyone as much distress and anger and drama as I once did. I strongly believe that I am a new and refined person that would create nothing but a positive impact for FRG in the future, just by simply playing and contributing to the communities ideas and efforts. I know for a fact that I will never recieve a rank here again if I do get unbanned, and I entirely respect that and it makes absolute sense. I just want to come back so bad, even if it means I must be constantly watched, resticted, or whatever it takes. It’s been a long time, and with all that, I hope more than anything that I can recieve the chance to prove to you all that what I’m typing out right now isn’t just some fake bullshit, but instead is in honestly from the buttom of my heart.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I’ll happily give you the answers. I appreciate the opportunity to appeal, and hopefully I’ll get to see you guys on the server someday. I really miss you guys.

Thank you.

(For anyone who has no idea what I did, please check this thread: http://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=4478)
Find

+1 No reason from him not to be unbanned. It's been like 3 years and theres been a lot of other players who have been permed and got unbanned recently.
wall of text effort too hardly ever see that on unban appeal
Find

can i get a tldr
Find

I think its been long enough to where you've hopefully learned your lesson, and I don't really have much of a problem with you coming back. You put a good amount of effort into all your ban appeals, compared to all the recent people who have been unbanned, which shows you actually do care to come back, even after denied numerous times.

At this point I think its just time to let the past be in the past, as long as you're watched carefully and not given any rank above member I'm fine with supporting this unban.

+1 for unban.
Find

This is what Brass said in upholding Mcnuggie's ban appeal last time:
Quote:After discussing this, we have come to the conclusion that nothing good would come from an unban currently.

A few points:
At the cost of your unban, we risk losing at least a few players. Is that worth the risk?

Upholding the ban will have no change, while unbanning runs the risk of a negative impact in the community. (Given everything that happened)

While you say you won't directly cause any issues(and I do believe you in that aspect), it doesn't mean other people won't try and cause issues with you, which then may become 'your friends vs their friends' and stirrs up a bunch of stuff we simply don't want or need.

We already have that going on, and it could just make things worse.

Those are just a few of the points brought up in my discussion.

With those in mind, I'm upholding this ban.

And he makes a good point about there being more risk in unbanning mcnuggie than in keeping him banned, but I also don't think he would cause anyone to leave the server in being unbanned, except for if he does something to cause someone to leave, in that case he would be banned again.
And while there is the risk of there being another "war"  between friend groups, I feel like the community has changed too much in the past year or two for there to be the same amount of tension in this issue. As well, a lot of the same friend groups and people from that time period, simply don't exist/play now. I feel like nobody would directly go out of their way to start stuff with Mcnuggie, and if they do, they should be reported and dealt with just like anyone else. So yeah what he did was really bad, but imo I think it's been long enough now to at least see if he can prove himself
Find

I think unbanning Nuggie is a great move personally, I see it as a way to bring back people who loved his presence on the server. Not to mention the fact that hes fun as fuck. +1
Find

You guys know my stance already, so to cut the chase yes +1.
Find

+1 McNugget's been gone for awhile and honestly I think it could be time to give him a second chance. I mean just look at the amount of effort put into that appeal! He is showing clear remorse for his actions and has definitely served a fair amount of time, so why not just forgive and forget?
Find

16 year olds are generally B A D. Taken from experience. I think it'd be okay to give Nugget a second chance since a lot can happen from 16 to 18. +1
Find

Yeah, literally what everyone else said. +1
Find