Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Daniel/McNuggie's 1yr Ban Appeal

Although what McNuggel did was undeniably terrible, his dedication and persistence in this past year make me feel like he's genuinely sorry and won't do anything like it again. if push comes to shove, he gets banned again. don't see the harm in giving him another chance if he can't ever achieve a rank with powers. +1
Find

I go around reading dead posts on FRG every now and then, yesterday I went on accepted admin applications and when I was reading your admin application and I saw that you were banned and I really wanted to know, and now I do. After reading almost all of the threads Kuro posted, I can see why you were banned. Even if it has been a year and you truly have changed for the better in every way possible, I don't think you deserve to be back even as a regular player. For what I understand is that you had more than enough chances to fix your game about harassing people, being power hungry, E.T.C, but failed in the end. Your probably a very good person now Mcnuggie, but what I have read, the things you have done, they don't deserve another chance to come back. -1
Find

I'd love to believe people can change their innate behavior easily, but you're actions have been going on long before you were admin here. It was not the first time you were in trouble for them either.

I'd rather see current admins and brass talk about this more so than my personal opinion on this.

+0, I just wanted to make my opinion on this known as one of the few players you had personal issues with.
If you were to ever be unbanned I believe a punishment rank is needed to be made, where it locks pretty much any major feature making you have to earn them back with good behavior. (because over time, you will prove if you changed or just lied about changing in order to get access)

(tradeban and inability to become member/use marketplace for example of locked features)
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

Gonna post because I disagree'd with it, really short.

-1, I feel as though the magnitude by which you caused this community to tear and what you had done is unforgivable. I don't care if you're sorry, you said what you had said at the time and meant it towards every person. You went out of your way to attack people, personally, and for that toxicity you should never be unbanned.
Find

Well, i suppose its my time to post here.
I know ive posted on all of his ban appeals and that all my responses might sound the same, but here it is:

I have to say that for the while ive known Daniel, he's put more effort and thought into how to better himself than anyone else ive come to know.
I talked to him before, during and after his incident, and i'll vouch that he's changed. I get that people can only change so much in a year, but he hasnt made a few small changes and said "okay yeah im good now". He keeps trying to remake himself and the way he handles things so that he can stand himself.

He still might make an upset here or there, but from what ive seen and how i know him, i cant see this situation happening again. I get he did something horrible, but if he was honestly here for just the economy and not the people he wouldn't have made as many ban appeals as he did, especially with the matter he took in which he made them.

Its been a year. He did some unforgiving things. While some people wont forgive him for it, it shouldnt stop them from at least acknowledging what hes done to change.
And for all the effort and what ive seen him do in order to make himself happier and not hurt those around him when he cant control himself, +1.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

(08-12-2017, 12:01 PM)fancy Wrote:  Its been a year. He did some unforgiving things. While some people wont forgive him for it, it shouldnt stop them from at least acknowledging what hes done to change.
And for all the effort and what ive seen him do in order to make himself happier and not hurt those around him when he cant control himself, +1.

Thing is, people can't really acknowledge 'what he's done to change'. He hasn't shown anything that proves that what he's doing isn't just a front to get unbanned, or simply 'acting'. He's behaved like this before; Pretended to be someone he's not, and fooled quite a few people. He has always been good at saying what people want to hear.

However, let's say he has changed and does get unbanned - I can just imagine how toxic the server would be for him, and others, if that were to happen. For example: Look at what happened to a few people who found a bug and did not immediately report it, instead abused it during a beta test. They were properly punished, yet groups of people were constantly passive and directly aggressive to them, "oh great another exploiter won", "Hey guys an exploiter joined.", "#SpreadExploiting".

Given all of the wrong he has done, I don't really see the people that were affected simply pretending nothing happened. I also don't see it being an enjoyable experience for him(It's not going to be the same as he remembers back in the day), nor really others involved.

Now that's basically just an educated guess, based on previous experiences in my time, but that's how I feel it would likely play out.
Find

(08-12-2017, 02:39 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(08-12-2017, 12:01 PM)fancy Wrote:  Its been a year. He did some unforgiving things. While some people wont forgive him for it, it shouldnt stop them from at least acknowledging what hes done to change.

Thing is, people can't really acknowledge 'what he's done to change'. He hasn't shown anything that proves that what he's doing isn't just a front to get unbanned, or simply 'acting'. He's behaved like this before; Pretended to be someone he's not, and fooled quite a few people. He has always been good at saying what people want to hear.

However, let's say he has changed and does get unbanned - I can just imagine how toxic the server would be for him, and others, if that were to happen. For example: Look at what happened to a few people who found a bug and did not immediately report it, instead abused it during a beta test. They were properly punished, yet groups of people were constantly passive and directly aggressive to them, "oh great another exploiter won", "Hey guys an exploiter joined.", "#SpreadExploiting".

Given all of the wrong he has done, I don't really see the people that were affected simply pretending nothing happened. I also don't see it being an enjoyable experience for him(It's not going to be the same as he remembers back in the day), nor really others involved.

Now that's basically just an educated guess, based on previous experiences in my time, but that's how I feel it would likely play out.
I know what you're saying by people not truly being able to tell if I changed and being extremely skeptical about believing it. I did lie a lot about my opinion and feelings back then to get myself advantages and to get away with things, which doesn't help. However; I don't know what I can do to actually prove it to you guys that what I'm doing isn't a front. There's a number of people who commented on this Appeal who have played with me in the last year and have remained my friends so they are fully aware of the person I am now. I cant prove to you guys that I'm serious about my new behavior without a chance to do so; and I'm afraid I haven't really had one given both the forum and ingame ban.

I also get what you're saying about the two different possible sides of conflict. One, the server generally not being enjoyable for me due to the potential of people holding grudges and such, however please know that this won't affect me. I'll be laying low for a while to get back in the flow of things. I stand by the fact that if I return I'm here to make friends, mend relationships, and actually contribute to the server. If people give me issues due to what I did I entirely understand and will be able to get through it. I'll specifically talk to the people who have issues and solve it as maturely as possible. I never once expected that if I were to be unbanned that people would pretend like nothing happened, nor things to be the same, rather I've hopes that people would acknowledge my mistakes and give me a chance to show that I wouldn't ever do such a thing again.

I know where the logic in your educated guesses are at, but I've thought out everything. I'll do and take anything for this chance. I know that it would be one of the most wonderful things to happen to me this year too to get the chance to play on this server again, make some new friends, and to connect back with some old.

I honestly can't give the 100% promise that people will be okay with me on the server, but I can promise that I will be 100% okay with people and will take nothing to heart and just focus on fixing any negative relationships here that would remain. I can also promise that none of you would regret it, so PLEASE give me even the smallest opportunity.

Thanks for reading.
Find

However much you might have changed, sometimes you just don't get second chances with people. Mistakes were made and there isn't always a way back. Personally I don't have an issue with you but others do and I don't think those that have a problem are going to change their mind ever. Honestly you should just move on

(08-12-2017, 03:09 PM)EmperorWhale Wrote:  However much you might have changed, sometimes you just don't get second chances with people. Mistakes were made and there isn't always a way back. Personally I don't have an issue with you but others do and I don't think those that have a problem are going to change their mind ever. Honestly you should just move on

It is really difficult to move on from something that was a major part of my life for 3 years. Am as much as I know it's my fault for fucking that up, I'd still do anything to return.. people don't HAVE to give me a second chance personally. If some decide that what I did is too much for them to talk to me or whatnot, so be it. I'll respect their decision. But I really can't "just move on" from something that had such an impact on my life.
Find

Personally, I never had a problem with Nuggie. I didn't even really know what exactly happened. But I read through the past threads. What he did was really bad, that shouldn't be a thing anyone does. It was VERY immature. Like you said Brass, we don't know if he's even changed. There's been a few people on here that have said they've kept in touch with him and even played some games with him. They said that he had improved a lot.

From what it sounds like, he's been trying a lot to change himself for the better. It seems like he really does care about and miss the server.

I don't think it would hurt to unban him. Give him another chance, see how it plays out.

Forgive, but don't forget. +1