Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Daniel/McNuggie's 1yr Ban Appeal

(10-01-2017, 06:19 AM)Terran Wrote:  If that horrible, mean-spirited Tobias lad got unbanned, McNuggie should be too. We all do dumb things, right? Even me! Even me. Sometimes. Well, not *actually* dumb, I'm really smart, but yeah. FRG is a fun server on a fun game, hosting a fun game-mode; - There's no harm in letting Nuggie just enjoy himself as a player. What's the worst he's going to do, blither at someone? He's always been pretty good to people from my perspective, and I've always enjoyed playing with him. Time has passed and its just a server on a dying game, let him enjoy it while its around guys.

I'm sorry, but what does me getting unbanned have to do with anything here?

I was banned due to a issue between Brassx and I, which had nothing to do with my behavior in the slightest. McNuggie was banned due to his toxic behavior on the forums, toward other players on the server, and toward both Brassx and Grassx. My ban was nothing even remotely close to that.

I was unbanned because the issue I had with Brassx was resolved, not because I made a ban appeal or anything.

Comparing my unban to nuggie's is like comparing apples to oranges, yeah they're both spherical, but that's as far as it goes.

yeah there's no reason to bring up other people's bans or compare them. my situation isn't comparable to anyone else's on frg. but Terran is right about me just wanting to play and enjoy myself. I've not enjoyed gaming quite as much after I got banned here and I really miss the enjoyment I got out of this server. I've made this promise to you guys I don't know how many times, but I care so much about getting a chance i promise I'd never do anything to fuck that up. I really want the community to see that it would not hurt to give me a shot... it's so easy to get rid of me for good if I do anything you guys don't like, and I'd never be seen again.

I know you guys are worried that I could sort of just put on a mask and hide my true personality or whatnot, but really would I be trying this hard to get a chance at returning if there was any sliver of chance that I'd do a repeat of what I did? The amount of shame I feel for it is incomparable due the personal bonds I broke and I'd rather die than let myself do something like that again, and I really want to show you all how serious I am. I've been also circling the question "what good would it be to unbanned you" around in my head; and the only real answer I can come up with is that I would be able to outweigh the negative. I'll continue to work on fixing any rough edges, but at the same time I'm really going to try to contribute to the community via suggestions and things of the sort. I want to make sure that it'd be a good thing for you guys, not just myself because I know that it is more than just about myself. I just personally feel there wouldn't be much regrets in giving me a chancE

It's really hard to show you my sincerity over text, I really wish I could through actions.
Find

Nuggs is a cool guy who I'd love to see back on the server. He was fun to play with on FRoG and I still enjoy playing with him on other servers. On other servers, his behavior has been in line and he has been friendly to everyone. If Nuggs has the persistence to come back to the server just to be a regular user then I say to let him. +1 from me
Find

Hi its been 3 months since this thread was posted and a month sonce the last reponse so I dont know iif theres even a point to me bumping this again, as Ive come to accept that nothing will come out of this probably, but I still really really would like a chance after 15 months.

As always, i hope yall are doing good and hopefully Ill see ya around sometime ?

+1 for one final chance. +1

I've pretty much refrained from stating my opinion on anything to do with this whole mcnuggie thing for since he got banned but I did think what he did was prettttyyyyy bad and it upset me hearing about it. But i also remember enjoying him a lot before that happened. Do i think it's possible he'd be toxic again? Yes possibly. Do i think he deserves another chance? I'm not sure. Do i think he should be unbanned? Yeah I think so. He might have changed. Of course there'd need to be a very close eye on him basically forever and I don't think he should ever get any rank of staff again but I think it's worth the chance. The slightest slip up and ban him again. +1 for one final chance

I generally refrain from this section when it comes to posting as I really don't find a need with other input already given. However as this has been long standing and I have had much time to ponder my feelings on this here we go; I am all for giving people another chance and letting the past be the past but this is a very unique situation. This was not one offense but a long string of events and a series of toxicity and just down right spiteful behavior that snowballed into further drama that lasted imo long after you were gone. In what I will call the "good nuggie days", I really enjoyed playing with you and personally felt you were one of a handful of people in the TTT environment I enjoyed outside the server as well seeing you as more than just some random internet friend. In light of this the drama and issues that unfolded from your last several months in the community left a scar that may have mended for you but will never fully heal for the community imo and will just drudge up past feelings that are better left in the past. I wish you well in life and have no ill will towards you but I do not think any good is going to come from a return to the server. Perhaps I will be proven wrong but this is my look on the matter.

So this is a very hard subject for me because i admit i wasnt around for any of this so im not sure what much happened other than stories ive been told and read stuff from the forums. However ive known nuggie for years and during all that time he never seemed to go too far off the deep end, always had moments of salt and toxicity but i havent seen anyone who hasnt. I think that if nuggie wants
to try to play on frg again, he will need to closely watched and people are talking about no staff but i dont think he should even hold member if he doesnt represent what the community wants. +1 to unban and close watch with no member
Find

First off, the amount of chances you got is disgusting. No insults to anyone, but I'm shocked of the amount.

Second, your toxicity is alarming. It's not a once-in-a-while salty fit, everyone has those. Harassment, lying, and being maliciously nasty is not normal. It's not something you get from behind an alley, it's created and maintained over years. It's something thats ingrained and part of who you are. I don't believe one year can have that heavy of an impact to change who you are. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

+0 Going to remain natural on this appeal, just wanted to say something about the toxicity.
Find

After discussing this, we have come to the conclusion that nothing good would come from an unban currently.

A few points:
At the cost of your unban, we risk losing at least a few players. Is that worth the risk?

Upholding the ban will have no change, while unbanning runs the risk of a negative impact in the community. (Given everything that happened)

While you say you won't directly cause any issues(and I do believe you in that aspect), it doesn't mean other people won't try and cause issues with you, which then may become 'your friends vs their friends' and stirrs up a bunch of stuff we simply don't want or need.

We already have that going on, and it could just make things worse.

Those are just a few of the points brought up in my discussion.

With those in mind, I'm upholding this ban.