Forerunner Gaming
Change map scrolls (not make easier) - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Change map scrolls (not make easier) (/showthread.php?tid=7023)

Change map scrolls (not make easier) - ZombieNinja975 - 07-18-2018

Okay so we all know how it feels to need a certain map for a scroll.

It sucks. Being stuck on an easy scroll for 5 days because the one time your map comes up there's a luck map that beats it is a horrible feeling.

The problem with this is it isn't something 'challenging,' its something annoying that relys completely on RNG and other people to get the map to come. Being physically unable to progress is very unmotivating to play. I find myself not wanting to play, and just checking forums a ton to see if the map finally comes up.

My suggestion is to be able to exchange ONLY map based find item puzzles, to a GUARENTEED kill quest, that has DOUBLE the amount it would normally have for the appropriate scroll.

This would keep the challenge and give people a way to PROGRESS, because being stuck with no way to advance is very tedious and annoying.

I'm not asking for the scrolls to be EASIER, and not asking for map puzzles to be removed. Im just asking for a way to still progress, because if after 3 days of playing hours of FRG your map still hasnt come up, it'd be nice to have SOME WAY to PROGRESS that challenge.

RE: Change map scrolls (not make easier) - Dreadark - 07-18-2018

Hey I was just thinking of this. It's actually infuriating waiting and waiting and waiting for your map to appear let alone have it voted for. It's not challenging it just becomes a waiting game. I'd rather get 50 m1911 kills than wait 3 days for my map to appear just to finish my easy challenge scroll.

RE: Change map scrolls (not make easier) - Terran - 07-18-2018

i don't wanna do slide puzzles

RE: Change map scrolls (not make easier) - Brassx - 07-18-2018

Your map has a higher chance to show up on the map vote screen. However only 1 person on the server can proc this so if multiple map challenges are active that would be why it takes so long. I'm not 100% sure how tobias setup the rest, but there may be a small cooldown to it too to help stop repeat maps.

One idea we had is if there's a lucky map that proc'd and a challenge scroll map also proc'd, we in turn make the challenge scroll map the lucky map, so you won't have to worry about that.

RE: Change map scrolls (not make easier) - Dreadark - 07-18-2018

(07-18-2018, 09:24 PM)Brassx Wrote:  One idea we had is if there's a lucky map that proc'd and a challenge scroll map also proc'd, we in turn make the challenge scroll map the lucky map, so you won't have to worry about that.

That's a good idea. It just sucks going through like 10 map rotations without even seeing your map appear on the list.

RE: Change map scrolls (not make easier) - Alex Summers - 07-18-2018

Brassx Wrote:Your map has a higher chance to show up on the map vote screen. However only 1 person on the server can proc this so if multiple map challenges are active that would be why it takes so long. I'm not 100% sure how tobias setup the rest, but there may be a small cooldown to it too to help stop repeat maps.

One idea we had is if there's a lucky map that proc'd and a challenge scroll map also proc'd, we in turn make the challenge scroll map the lucky map, so you won't have to worry about that.

please do that, I just had this happen to me last night and it was devastating

RE: Change map scrolls (not make easier) - Soulshardcore - 07-19-2018

I still think the map shard idea was a good idea, but the whole luck map into what people need is good as well. Of course, if you could change the whole "only one person procs" it would be much easier for people as a whole

RE: Change map scrolls (not make easier) - Terran - 07-19-2018

skip
puzzles

implement optional extra difficulty TTT kill challenges