Forerunner Gaming
On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items (/showthread.php?tid=7022)

Pages: 1 2

On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items - Terran - 07-18-2018

Can we first talk about which items we think are under/overpowered or under/over utilized?

Like, I feel that the teleporter and grapple hook are basically pointless now that we have Blink. I'd love to see both of them more useful.

RE: On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items - Brassx - 07-18-2018

(07-18-2018, 12:29 AM)Terran Wrote:  Can we first talk about which items we think are under/overpowered or under/over utilized?

Like, I feel that the teleporter and grapple hook are basically pointless now that we have Blink. I'd love to see both of them more useful.

It's pretty subjective.

I think the knife is pretty useless now days and should maybe try to go back to being 1 hit like every other server in existence and see how it changes.

Anything goofy/fun that doesn't really help someone kill someone is more-or-less not used anymore. That's all I used to use to goof off and have fun, but can understand why people wouldn't. Door locker, Door buster, AWP, Barnacle, Remote Mine, ID disguiser, OBC, Swap Blaster, Decoy, Radio, and the Newton Launcher(actually a lot more than these too) are all under used and could use some love.

And yeah, the grapple is useless now with blink aside from detectives. Going back to let you grapple people with them and drag them might be good, that was a lot of fun after all. Or just change it to be a reverse scorpion spear style grapple.

I don't really know what I could do for the rest of them though, however I did make some changes today:

OBC Charges faster.
Beartrap slows a lot more, and initially makes them basically 'stop'.

But I'd like to* add a bunch of new interesting things to have fun with.

I had an idea for one that requires you to 'kill' a specified target, once you do that it gains a 'charge' and assigns a new target. Gaining x charges will allow you to transform into some kind of monster/boss creature for x seconds, where you have interesting movement mechanics and abilities. The downside is once the duration ends you die.

RE: On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items - Unpoke - 07-18-2018

I think the three listed have very different purposes
Blink, while very good (and very fun, it would be horrible to remove/nerf it) can only bring you to linear locations within your eyesight and is traceable to an extent for others
Teleport, however, lets you go freely anywhere on the map, even out of your sight as long as you've been there and set a location (good for teleport to t-rooms)
Grapple is more dynamic and allows free movement or lack of in the sky and is also available to detectives so you don't necessarily have to jeopardize your role if you're smart

also awps are stupid and dont need any love, the rest tho i can agree with, except maybe remote mines

RE: On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items - Terran - 07-18-2018

Knife is pretty pointless now, I can definitely agree on that. Wouldn't hurt to make it one-hit. I mean, AWPs are basically long-ranged knives with arguably less risk.

I can agree with most of those that you mentioned, but I think teleporter still sucks. Its useful, but its incredibly slow and the actual teleport takes a few seconds, where you can be slotted ridiculously. Changing the grapple hook to be a scorpion spear would be pretty neat. Also, I feel like Detectives should get Blink.

I like the bear trap change, but what about it doing a % of your health, instead of static? It does about 40 damage, right? I'd rather it do maybe 40%. So, if someone has 100 life, it'd do 40. Or, if they had 56, it'd do like 22 or whatever 40% of that is. I love using them, but I think its kinda dumb for them to be able to KILL people. It should totally still do damage, just less if someone has less health?

The boss transformations could be interesting I guess. I'd have to see how it works though.

RE: On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items - GoldenGuy - 07-18-2018

My two cents on this

Knives suck, lets go to one hit kill, please.

I've died more as a detective to grapple hooks being a bit fucky, than I have traitors. So I mean, I'm a fan of the spiderman gun, if we upgrade (if we want to do the whole upgrades thing) that to that, I'd for it

Remote mines are rad, but I'd like to see a feature to make them a proximity trigger if a key is pressed, as well, if upgraded.

Love the scorpion spear, I killed like 5 people on Lunch with it once, no upgrades that I can think of besides maybe reduce the precision required

Bear trap, if upgraded could increase the length of slow, and cause minor bleed?

Just leave turtles grenades alone. The only upgrade I see is more of them, and I just see the aids in that.

Plasma shield could be changed to a dome for upgrade maybe? The cylinder irritates me.

That's all I got for now

RE: On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items - AnthemPartThree - 07-18-2018

Make the visualizer essentially make a radar ping on the killer of a body for everyone on for 3 pings, it would make it a lot more useful and also maybe increase the use of decoys. Visualizer as it stands is legitimately useless, the best it could possibly do is make someone suspicious.

RE: On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items - The Black Parade - 07-18-2018

Yeah the knife should go back to the ntg days
The upgrading system that was mentioned long ago could be cool to add in, it could buff some not so great t/det items through progression.

Also........
the option to spend 1 credit for 512 ammo for all weapons

RE: On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items - GoldenGuy - 07-18-2018

+1 to the ammo thing, and with the det dailies, it can be a pain to get a det round sometimes, can we please get a det token?

RE: On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items - AnthemPartThree - 07-18-2018

(07-18-2018, 05:46 AM)GoldenGuy Wrote:  +1 to the ammo thing, and with the det dailies, it can be a pain to get a det round sometimes, can we please get a det token?

With the det tokens there would probably be a queue of people where only one (maybe two) can be det per round... I don't think that would be a good idea

RE: On the previous topic of upgrading T/D items - Dreadark - 07-18-2018

(07-18-2018, 03:50 AM)GoldenGuy Wrote:  My two cents on this

Knives suck, lets go to one hit kill, please.

I've died more as a detective to grapple hooks being a bit fucky, than I have traitors.  So I mean, I'm a fan of the spiderman gun, if we upgrade (if we want to do the whole upgrades thing) that to that, I'd for it

Remote mines are rad, but I'd like to see a feature to make them a proximity trigger if a key is pressed, as well, if upgraded.

Love the scorpion spear, I killed like 5 people on Lunch with it once, no upgrades that I can think of besides maybe reduce the precision required

Bear trap, if upgraded could increase the length of slow, and cause minor bleed?

Just leave turtles grenades alone.  The only upgrade I see is more of them, and I just see the aids in that.

Plasma shield could be changed to a dome for upgrade maybe?  The cylinder irritates me.

That's all I got for now

Nah I love the grapples on this server. I think they're unique and once u get the hang of them, i find them better than the traditional grapple.