Forerunner Gaming
Future Halloween Suggestion - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Future Halloween Suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=6865)

Pages: 1 2

Future Halloween Suggestion - The Black Parade - 06-06-2018

So, every Halloween in NTG they would do a cool event, where they take the map cs_Deadhouse and have a long event with it

There would be 4 rounds, with 3 different bosses at the end of each, at the end all players get unique and special rewards only from this event, then vote for a new map to go back to ttt. There was also 1 round where there are 3 pillars, and 3 groups of players would go and protect them from incoming zombies.

This was really cool back then, and I would love something like this in FRG..... But not as a lobby event.

My suggestion to make it better in FRG

To start the event, a manager can manually start the event, or on mapvote, there is a chance that a map has like "Undead Event" or something under it instead of Lucky round (this is obviously the new way).

This event can only be played on some maps, and the pillar round (or whatever Brass wants to do if he like this suggestion) would be place manually, and to start each round, you find a skull on the map. This may take a little but I think this would actually be really cool for more than one map
Example maps:
Deadhouse
Kakarikovillage
Inferno
Lazertag
militia
Leviathan
biocube
cipher

Maybe on some maps, you could have Tobias skypaint addon where you can have gloomy weather for the event.

Also, maybe someone can use a ticket in ttt, and at mapvote, a guarantee undead event map will pop up.

RE: Future Halloween Suggestion - Vhoxel - 06-06-2018

Thanathos soon

RE: Future Halloween Suggestion - Dreadark - 06-07-2018

"cool event" heh. Maybe the first year it was done Wink. I remember it being really cancer where people would yell at players and would yell at them to be kicked or banned for not doing it properly or "trolling". Might work on here if the players are less cancer.

RE: Future Halloween Suggestion - The Black Parade - 06-07-2018

(06-07-2018, 01:43 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  "cool event" heh. Maybe the first year it was done Wink. I remember it being really cancer where people would yell at players and would yell at them to be kicked or banned for not doing it properly or "trolling". Might work on here if the players are less cancer.

I know that was a problem in NTG, but toxicity here is handled better, plus you cant say th--- th-- the WORD, here.

RE: Future Halloween Suggestion - Kuro - 06-07-2018

(06-07-2018, 01:43 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  "cool event" heh. Maybe the first year it was done Wink. I remember it being really cancer where people would yell at players and would yell at them to be kicked or banned for not doing it properly or "trolling". Might work on here if the players are less cancer.

I remember making a thread complaining about the absolute garbage that went on during those rounds. If you threw any grenades you were threatened with a ban for "trolling" or if you moved past the mailbox during a boss you're griefing. Back then a bunch of staff members were only out for their own good and loot rather than a fun experience for everyone.

I think the staff here are much less problematic and there would be no problems with that event, besides the couple who try want to enforce non existing rules at lyrus (you know who you are)

RE: Future Halloween Suggestion - 2bias - 06-07-2018

Yeah, I mean people here seem to genuinely like the events. I'm sure if it was pretty decently rare(maybe like a 1 in 128 to appear on the actual mapvote and people get to pick whether or not they do it?) people would enjoy it whenever it comes up to play.

Anyways though, for the actual event, it'd probably have to be limited to a single map. Going into all those maps and finding every single exploit spot and patching it just for the event would be a pain in the ass and not worth it at all.

(06-07-2018, 02:02 PM)tobiasxz-sanpamf Wrote:  Yeah, I mean people here seem to genuinely like the events. I'm sure if it was pretty decently rare(maybe like a 1 in 128 to appear on the actual mapvote and people get to pick whether or not they do it?) people would enjoy it whenever it comes up to play.

Anyways though, for the actual event, it'd probably have to be limited to a single map. Going into all those maps and finding every single exploit spot and patching it just for the event would be a pain in the ass and not worth it at all.

Yeah I think it should be pretty rare, in the last events (snowmen and zombie rounds) it lookedpeople complained because it was so frequent, something like this that has a rare chance to happen saves some of the replayabilityy
Maybe instead of allowing the entire map to be open, you could possibilities close areas off ? Like wingman maps in CSGO

Sorry for the grammar I’m on my phone and when I type I can’t see what I type

RE: Future Halloween Suggestion - 2bias - 06-07-2018

(06-07-2018, 02:14 PM)Black Parade is DEAD Wrote:  
(06-07-2018, 02:02 PM)tobiasxz-sanpamf Wrote:  Yeah, I mean people here seem to genuinely like the events. I'm sure if it was pretty decently rare(maybe like a 1 in 128 to appear on the actual mapvote and people get to pick whether or not they do it?) people would enjoy it whenever it comes up to play.

Yeah I think it should be pretty rare, in the last events (snowmen and zombie rounds) it lookedpeople complained because it was so frequent, something like this that has a rare chance to happen saves some of the replayabilityy
Maybe instead of allowing the entire map to be open, you could possibilities areas off ? Like wingman maps in CSGO

Sorry for the grammar also on my phone and I type.i can’t see what I type

Eh I'm not too sure about that either. It just really isn't worth the effort. For a map to be compatible, there really can't be any ladders or anything of the sort without using hacky methods. That's why deadhouse was probably one of the best maps for the event. There was only really one ladder and it was blocked off(but in the end it still caused some issues).

Also, I ended up finding these screenshots:

RE: Future Halloween Suggestion - Macha - 06-07-2018

This event was total chaos from what I remember. I'd personally say we would need to find some way to tighten it down a bit so that there's less screaming instructions over the sounds of gunfire constantly, or having to have one of the handful of people that's actually done the event explain everything for 20-30 minutes.

Also we kinda already have the Thanatos because from what I remember it was a UMP that shot an explosive pumpkin beam or something every once in a while and that's basically the Tartarus.

(06-07-2018, 02:59 PM)Lord of Darkness Wrote:  This event was total chaos from what I remember. I'd personally say we would need to find some way to tighten it down a bit so that there's less screaming instructions over the sounds of gunfire constantly, or having to have one of the handful of people that's actually done the event explain everything for 20-30 minutes.

Also we kinda already have the Thanatos because from what I remember it was a UMP that shot an explosive pumpkin beam or something every once in a while and that's basically the Tartarus.

None of the rewards have to be the same