Forerunner Gaming
turtles are dumb - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: turtles are dumb (/showthread.php?tid=6222)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

turtles are dumb - Unpoke - 12-17-2017

they were fine before, certain complainers who wont be named were using them wrong
the best purpose for them were to take advantage of small hallways and to hopefully get people stuck in a crowd of them

now you can literally throw them in a large outdoors area and they'll cover the ground, with the added getting stuck on them problem and they do a good amount of damage

revert them back to how they were before por favor

RE: turtles are dumb - CoachGrump - 12-17-2017

also ccd froze me and turtles killed me while defenseless

RE: turtles are dumb - 2bias - 12-17-2017

+1, turtles are really dumb and annoying now. If you go near one you instantly get stuck.

Could they also just be changed to headcrab grenades so their hitboxes are more obvious?

(12-17-2017, 09:22 PM)Terran Wrote:  How do they really do anything that bad? The only times people die to them or are more than inconvenienced is if they're already almost dead.

If you're nerfing Turtles, then nerf:

The shield from the Oracle (It blocks and does damage), The blue AOE from the book (It blocks and is annoying)

Turtles literally are just an inconvenience, a distraction, a means of opportunity. I can shoot my Bananas Mac10 and kill someone in literally a second. How fast do Turtles kill?

I agree, however, that PEOPLE SHOULD NOT get stuck on them!!! If anything, make it so they go through players, and lower their attack timer. I.E: They jump-attack less often, but soar through the person, hitting them once. Otherwise stop whining faggots

The oracle shield doesn't block, you can literally walk right through it.

Grimorie book is KOSable and doesn't do any damage, unlike turtles who spawn in quantities of 15~ and do 12 damage a hit.

As for your "stop whining faggots", you literally whined to get them buffed, so now we're whining to get them nerfed. If you have a problem with that then next time don't whine to get something buffed.

RE: turtles are dumb - Terran - 12-17-2017

by block I mean "people like halaman place it on hallways and you get damaged"

or "place it pre-round and when the round starts, you unknowingly walk through it"

its basically a wall f.a.m

FRG is 90% "shoot everyone instantly and then die and afk for your drops".

T rounds are NOT fun. I love using teleporters, disguisers, turtle/plasma nades, flare guns, all sorts of traps and shit.

RE: turtles are dumb - Unpoke - 12-17-2017

(12-17-2017, 09:22 PM)Terran Wrote:  How do they really do anything that bad? The only times people die to them or are more than inconvenienced is if they're already almost dead.

If you're nerfing Turtles, then nerf:

The shield from the Oracle (It blocks and does damage), The blue AOE from the book (It blocks and is annoying)

Turtles literally are just an inconvenience, a distraction, a means of opportunity. I can shoot my Bananas Mac10 and kill someone in literally a second. How fast do Turtles kill?

I agree, however, that PEOPLE SHOULD NOT get stuck on them!!! If anything, make it so they go through players, and lower their attack timer. I.E: They jump-attack less often, but soar through the person, hitting them once. Otherwise stop whining faggots

it's not about getting killed by them, it's about how much of an inconvenience they cause. you're comparing a t-weapon to godlikes of the server, that's not a fair comparison at all. if they're meant to be a distraction and a small inconvenience, why did you complain about how bad they were in a lethal way? that's kind of silly logic. they're way overpowered how they are, they're supposed to clog a hallway and yes, distract you with it, but they do far too much damage as they are right now and clog way too much.

also you really shouldn't call people who make suggestions whiney faggots, that's not cool. although i'd never call you it because all suggestions are valuable, you also have your whining

Just because you prefer to play like that doesn't mean everyone else does. Having every item changed so you can play like that on your T round is dumb.

Almost every time you use an item and it doesn't kill the entire server, you complain and ask for it to be buffed. You just did this a few days ago with get jihads to buffed because you didn't kill me ONCE, because I ducked behind a truck. This isn't your first time doing this, and it most likely wont get your last.

RE: turtles are dumb - fanc typh - 12-17-2017

Even then, if you like traps and stuff...
The turtles are hardly traps at this point. I had full HP, Kcat froze me with a CCD by two turtles and i died before i unfroze because of them.

And even without weird occurrences like that, if you get stuck in the middle of a few turtles your attention needs to completely change to the turtles or else they're going to end up killing you.
While I love the idea of them, they are very strong right now.

RE: turtles are dumb - Terran - 12-17-2017

As I said, just make them nocollide and problem solved. They're fun to use, unlike a lot of things. Deal with it. Also, hard to believe, Fancy. I watched a guy get frozen in the middle of turtles and he didn't die until he unfroze, where 2-3 banged him together. Which was hilarious, but this guy didn't die frozen.

BTW it was on ttt_concentration.

Edit: Okay, I'm sorry for getting so defensive over it. I'm just used to listening people whine and scream on TTT about the turtles and then literally just avoid them or shoot them.

Your guys' opininos are valid, and I will agree that turtles are too strong as they are. I'm not going to do something stupid like "throw brass under the bus", but I didn't expect them to be THAT buffed when I suggested it. TBH, I'd like to see:

-The same number of turtles
-5-6 damage per turtle
-Slightly lowered attack rate. (Maybe they have to lock on, then leap, giving you time to run off?)
-No collide, so you can go through them
-Yes?

Tobias is right, I whine and complain about 90% of the things on the server anyway, but I do still think they're fine as they are, but they can be lowered in strength if its really that much of an issue. I've personally died once or twice to these "turtlebominations", and both times I found it hilarious and was surprised I did (I was previously damaged).

But I am sorry, you are all right on posting a thread on them. I have no right/reason to argue with it.

RE: turtles are dumb - Unpoke - 12-17-2017

majority rules, lets get more opinions on this