Forerunner Gaming
FrostBurn Brightness - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Complaints (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Resolved (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: FrostBurn Brightness (/showthread.php?tid=6004)

Pages: 1 2 3

FrostBurn Brightness - MicroBoss - 10-12-2017

I am complaining about the frostburns today! I love them i really do BUT i don't like that it glows really bright. if you can, can you make it so that if you press E+R it would turn off the glowness or some other keybind. but it abit hard to see when half of your screen is covered with super red brightness. I maybe the only one that feels this way so please let me know if you have the same or different option.

P.S.
Please take it easy on me.
This is my personal option and i may be the only one that thinks this way.

RE: FrostBurn Brightness - 2bias - 10-12-2017

hey while we're talking about the frostburns, can they get nerfed too please?

doing 40+ headshot damage as fast as you can click with 40 bullets with near perfect accuracy and no range damper feels a bit unbalanced to me.

RE: FrostBurn Brightness - MicroBoss - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 10:48 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  hey while we're talking about the frostburns, can they get nerfed too please?

doing 40+ headshot damage as fast as you can click with 40 bullets with near perfect accuracy and no range damper feels a bit unbalanced to me.

I understand, but if your nerfing frostburns might as well nerf bloodweep because the range and it can one hit someone is kinda overpowered. the range is like 2-3x a normal melee.

(10-12-2017, 11:13 PM)MicroBoss Wrote:  
(10-12-2017, 10:48 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  hey while we're talking about the frostburns, can they get nerfed too please?

I understand, but if your nerfing frostburns might as well nerf bloodweep because the range and it can one hit someone is kinda overpowered. the range is like 2-3x a normal melee.

Melee =/= Fast as you can click at any range secondary that does 40+ headshot damage

The headshot damage on the Bloodweep ranges from 60 to 88 according to Mini, so it isn't capable one hitting a full HP person. It's a godlike so it should be better than other items in its class, however, it shouldn't be an enormous difference that makes it 100x better than any other option.

RE: FrostBurn Brightness - MicroBoss - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 11:30 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  

Melee =/= Fast as you can click at any range secondary that does 40+ headshot damage

The headshot damage on the Bloodweep ranges from 68 to 81 according to Mini, so it isn't capable one hitting a full HP person. It's a godlike so it should be better than other items in its class, however, it shouldn't be an enormous difference that makes it 100x better than any other option.

All i know is i got one tapped with a bloodweep and the frostburns are Celestial which means they should be better then other godlikes pistols which are only frost,ferno that i know. and most godlikes+ are unbalanced thats why they are such a high rarity.
The bloodweep doing 68-81 may be true but some of them have a trait with 1 in 2 which can one hit someone.

RE: FrostBurn Brightness - Beebee1303 - 10-12-2017

I actually agree with Tobias. I've always called the Frostburn a second primary, for the reasons Tobias stated with the stats. Also, Tobias second statement is absolutely true. Given the choice of the Frostburn vs any secondary, I'd choose the FB 100% of the time. Even if they had no traits or secondary effect. The stats carry the gun heavily.

I'm sorry Micro that this is the only thing to your name, but you have to realise how absurd the "secondary" is. Also, bringing in some melee in the factor is pretty childish. You're discussing about the FB, not the Bloodweep. Sorry-but-not-sorry Micro.

(10-12-2017, 11:41 PM)MicroBoss Wrote:  
(10-12-2017, 11:30 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  

The headshot damage on the Bloodweep ranges from 68 to 81 according to Mini, so it isn't capable one hitting a full HP person. It's a godlike so it should be better than other items in its class, however, it shouldn't be an enormous difference that makes it 100x better than any other option.

All i know is i got one tapped with a bloodweep and the frostburns are Celestial which means they should be better then other godlikes pistols which are only frost,ferno that i know. and most godlikes+ are unbalanced thats why they are such a high rarity.
The bloodweep doing 68-81 may be true but some of them have a trait with 1 in 2 which can one hit someone.

Just because something is high in rarity does not mean it should be overpowered. The Creed of Necros is celestial, but it isn't overpowered. Same with both the Despair bows.

Lets break down the Frostburns(I don't have any real "evidence" other than my personal experience with them, just for the record):

40+ Headshot Damage: This combined with firerate nearly as fast as a fully automatic weapon makes them almost nearly impossible to counter. Getting tapped in the head twice and once in the chest is very hard to counter with a gun that shoots as fast as you can click.
40 Clip: This is more than almost all the assault rifles have, which is fine, but with everything else into consideration this is extremely unfair.
They fire as fast as you can click: This combined with 40+ headshot damage and near perfect accuracy makes them nearly impossible to counter at almost any range, but especially close range.
Accuracy almost better than a rifle: You can snipe with these from across the map. Believe me when i use to have them I use to do it all the time.

Yes, they should be better than an average pistol due to how rare they are, but they shouldn't be overpowered because of it.

I believe they should be changed into something along the lines of this:

They should keep their high clip and firerate, but reduce the current headshot damage down to somewhere around 30-25, and make the accuracy 3x worse. Make them a close quarters weapon that's good for finishing people off, not killing them instantly.

RE: FrostBurn Brightness - MicroBoss - 10-13-2017

[/quote]
You're discussing about the FB, not the Bloodweep. Sorry-but-not-sorry Micro.
[/quote]

i was discussing about the visual of the frostburns not about its states.
But to be fair they are one of there kind. there aren't any other Celestial secondary (that i know of) for us to compare to

RE: FrostBurn Brightness - Kuro - 10-13-2017

I've complained about this numerous times, especially in dark areas like survive the light becomes overpowering and it REALLY stresses my eyes.

The flame on the red one used to be much worse but it was dimmed, I'd love much more if the guns didn't glow but had the red/blue colors of the frost/ferno (maybe in a "deactivated" state?)

As for Tobias suggesting changes; they got hit with the same nerfs the m1911's did a while back with the firerate and damage going to crap.

The frostburns have had headshot damage changed numerous times starting at 88(which I'd agree is insane) to 47 and then to 55 which I think is a good place they should be the highest class secondary available. Lowering the damage past 50 would make the gun less viable than a deadly m1911

The firerate got nerfed as well and has remained nerfed

The clip goes along with the relatively long cooldown but it makes sense considering the two 20 round pistols which make it up

Saying that their accuracy is almost better than a rifle is a lie. I think that because they are dual wield their accuracy should be worse overall so you've got my support in that but only that

RE: FrostBurn Brightness - 2bias - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 12:27 AM)Kuro Wrote:  I've complained about this numerous times, especially in dark areas like survive the light becomes overpowering and it REALLY stresses my eyes.

The flame on the red one used to be much worse but it was dimmed, I'd love much more if the guns didn't glow but had the red/blue colors of the frost/ferno (maybe in a "deactivated" state?)

As for Tobias suggesting changes; they got hit with the same nerfs the m1911's did a while back with the firerate and damage going to crap.

The frostburns have had headshot damage changed numerous times starting at 88(which I'd agree is insane) to 47 and then to 55 which I think is a good place they should be the highest class secondary available. Lowering the damage past 50 would make the gun less viable than a deadly m1911

The firerate got nerfed as well and has remained nerfed

The clip goes along with the relatively long cooldown but it makes sense considering the two 20 round pistols which make it up

Saying that their accuracy is almost better than a rifle is a lie. I think that because they are dual wield their accuracy should be worse overall so you've got my support in that but only that

Their firerate is still insanely fast, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

A two hit headshot for an insanely accurate spammable pistol is not ok in the slightest.

You're better off using them compared to a deadly m1911 because they have >>40<< bullets, not 7. The m1911 is balanced because you can only get 7~ shots out before you have to reload, and even then they have far less firerate and far less damage. The frostburns are just a spam machine. You can kill 3+ people with them before having to even think about reloading.

They are not balanced at all, and are not fun in the slightest to play against.